Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#392540 - 08/31/14 04:37 PM Re: Have Arranger KBs died out ? [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By: Dnj
sorry with that alone I rest my case.

Sorry Gumbah ... I've known you a long time, and you will NEVER rest your case. Man, you're pushing the devils advocate thing to limits I can't imagine. Relax ... play a few more polkas ... buy something ... You need a break from the advice column.

Well, he did only post TWO more statements after 'resting his case' ... Love ya, Donny ... good thread ... got the 'juices' flowing ...

Edited by tony mads usa (08/31/14 04:37 PM)

#392541 - 08/31/14 06:26 PM Re: Have Arranger KBs died out ? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

thank you everyone for all the great replies it's been very stimulating and I think we all learned something here about arranger keyboards and their playerd don't you?

Edited by Dnj (08/31/14 06:26 PM)

#392545 - 08/31/14 08:39 PM Re: Have Arranger KBs died out ? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
No because I already know everything.
smile

#392547 - 08/31/14 11:59 PM Re: Have Arranger KBs died out ? [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

I always introduce Monica as our vocalist & myself as our "button pusher". But that's how we like it. Even this weekend we played right next to someone using backtracks, promoting their CDs for most of the time.

I again will NEVER go that route - the backtrack route that is. To me that's as fake & as "plastic" as it gets even though it sounds for real. No skill required in operating like that, yet those are booked fully all the time.

I love the arrangers. We sound like a band & yet there are only two of us. No problems with anyone coming late, not in the mood or worse, not pitching at all. And we most certainly do not use ours for home entertainment only.

I cannot think how we'll operate without arrangers. It fits our requirements like a glove. And the usage is limited only to ones imagination.

Long live the arranger!!!

Henni

Attachments
WP_20140830_011.jpg

WP_20140830_013.jpg

#392549 - 09/01/14 12:44 AM Re: Have Arranger KBs died out ? [Re: Henni]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi,

I always introduce Monica as our vocalist & myself as our "button pusher". But that's how we like it. Even this weekend we played right next to someone using backtracks, promoting their CDs for most of the time.
Henni

Hey Henni, when are you gonna get Monica to contact me about creating a forum account for herself to post on the forums. We all feel like we know her real well now.

#392550 - 09/01/14 01:13 AM Re: Have Arranger KBs died out ? [Re: Nigel]
Henni Offline

Hi Nigel,

My stunning Monica is very active on Whatts App & Facebook. She uses her phone for everything. Not too keen on anything to do with PCs.

Tell you what - I talk about her often. Wherever we go she brings the cashiers, waitresses etc. to just about a standstill. They light up when we arrive and compete to get attention from her.

I've never met anyone with more compassion for the poor. She'll give EVERYTHING we owe away if I do not stop her. I am the most blessed man on this planet. My mind is filled with my wife, as it was intended for all marriages to be. She participates in all I do, be it flying, boating, singing, reaching out to the poor. She goes with me into the squatters camps, townships, places where even the police are hesitant to visit.

You'll NEVER hear a lie from her, she's not full of herself, does not esteem herself as anything special. Yet she is very, very special to me. I cannot imagine my life without her & that's why I mention her in EVERY forum I belong to, & there are quite a few of them...

Where we reached out on Saturday amongst the elderly, she made sure that she hugged every single elderly lady before we left. She would not leave before doing so.

When we put our boat in the water on Sunday, she noticed some poor kids watching in adoration who have never been on a boat before. Before I knew it, the whole family was onboard. She gave up her day to make theirs.

I have not as yet met her equal anywhere!

Cheers,

Henni

Attachments
WP_20140831_026.jpg

#392551 - 09/01/14 01:59 AM Re: Have Arranger KBs died out ? [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Pity the "edit" button is removed so soon.

However, this will illustrate just exactly what I mean:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.242616202589950.1073741827.100005247158741&type=3

Apologies for posting twice on this specific point.

Cheers,

Henni

#392552 - 09/01/14 05:50 AM Re: Have Arranger KBs died out ? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj
thank you everyone for all the great replies it's been very stimulating and I think we all learned something here about arranger keyboards and their playerd don't you?

Donny,

One thing I've learned from this thread, and a few others in the past, is that there are members on our "Arranger Keyboard" forum who are very enthusiastic about using arrangers in work and in play, a few who seem much less keen on its use, especially in a "pro" environment (not legitimate enough?), and even one or two that appear to consider such an instrument to be beneath their status as an alleged "real" keyboard player (too many easy play features, perhaps?).

Thankfully, the enthusiasts (of which I count myself as one) still appear to outnumber those from the other camps.

Viva the Arranger!

Ian

#392553 - 09/01/14 06:05 AM Re: Have Arranger KBs died out ? [Re: Dnj]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
It's funny really because when I first discovered arrangers when I was twenty something I was attracted to it because of the way I got inspired musically when I played ( having previously been guitarist ) . I was the exact opposite of the market arrangers were intended for . I was young could not stand jazz , waltzes , rhumbas , big band or polkas . I was aware of the stigma attached to these instruments . However I could not ignor the huge musical creative potential with these instruments . Especially if I had the skill to program my own drums , basses guitars and horns . The potential sold me .

The beauty in these instruments is getting close to the sound you imagine in your head quickly and intuitively . I am glad I did not let a stigma dissuade me from pursuing my musical journey with an arranger keyboard .

Edited by spalding1968 (09/01/14 06:10 AM)

#392554 - 09/01/14 06:35 AM Re: Have Arranger KBs died out ? [Re: Dnj]
billyhank Offline

Yeah - Me TOO!

A guitarist first and never a piano player - the arranger gave me a way to play every instrument, even if poorly. ;-)

Bill G

Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online