SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#392737 - 09/05/14 11:11 AM Your favourite arranger duo
Bachus Offline

The game is simple, what two keyboards ( only one is not an option ) would be your perfect set up. (At least one of them should be an arranger) And why?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#392744 - 09/05/14 08:32 PM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bachus, most of us have, at least at one time in our lives, had stacked keyboards. And, for the most part, those of us that have been there and done that will never, ever go back to that configuration again. Fortunately, today's arranger keyboards, MOTL and TOTL have everything we need in a single package.

I could be wrong, though, wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#392745 - 09/05/14 10:15 PM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Ditto Gary

#392750 - 09/06/14 01:38 AM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Bachus, most of us have, at least at one time in our lives, had stacked keyboards. And, for the most part, those of us that have been there and done that will never, ever go back to that configuration again. Fortunately, today's arranger keyboards, MOTL and TOTL have everything we need in a single package.

I could be wrong, though, wink

Gary cool

The only reason for that is. Probably the fact that you are gigging musicians and dont want to haul two keyboards to every gig...

It might be different for homeplayers like me.. I currently only have a single keybed, and i very much miss the flexibillity of a 2nd keybed... Not just for the extra flexibillity, but also for the difference between hammer action and synth action keybeds.. ( keep in mind they never leave my home, so things like weight are not a burden for me )

Currently i am set up with just a T5 ( i traded it, with some extra money for my PA3x last week) And my macbook running ableton live, logic rewired and my VST collection) when i traded the T5, i knew there needed to come a 2nd keybed... As i missed that also a lot with the PA3x...

I am now trying to find a keyboard, with great 88 key hammeraction, .... That also fills the other less strong points of the T5 ( since there is no perfect keyboard, which got me thinking, might there be a perfect keyboard combination )

And so i sat down took my typewriter and made a list of things i missed or could be improved on the T5, and instead of writing letters to Yamaha, find them in my 2nd keyboard. Which, however should not be an arranger, as one arranger fits my bill..

So i came to this list :
- 88 weighted keys
- synth sounds ( compared to synth workstations )
- synth engines ( i miss the VL, AN and DX engines of yamaha, or the stuff i did on my v- synth)
- knobs, for real time controll over cuttoffs and effects..
- piano sounds, however i will never get the cheer quallity of my Pianoteq vst,( yes i am spoiled ) having better or more diverse piano sounds in hardware is allways nice..
- real time controll ellements like ribbon, D-beam and vector stick
- daw controll
- touch sensitive drumpads
- t5 has very small sliders

And i must admit, most typical arranger players will not miss this stuff even half a seccond, i do.. And i want to find it in a 2nd keyboard...

Oh yes... I am really enjoying my T5 right now, i fell in love with the possibilities of the ensemble voices... Its so much fun... Yet i bought the T5, knowing that there eventually would be a big 88 key brother.. But i have learned from the past, that one of the things i like, and the main reason i change keyboards a lot, is the fact that i just love discovering new features and learning how to tame the new beast.. And lately i have accepted this fact... Not being a gigging musician makes it quite easy to change keyboards.

#392762 - 09/06/14 06:44 AM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Bachus]
Rustykeys Offline

Loc: Massachusetts/USA
My favorite " gig " rig is my Tyros3 & Hammond SK1-73 or the SK1-88 with Leslie M2101 and Leslie 2121. Awesome sound. Depends what my needs are for that GiG

Edited by Rustykeys (09/06/14 06:46 AM)

#392763 - 09/06/14 06:52 AM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Bachus]
billyhank Offline

Bachus,

Take a good look at the Yamaha MOXF8. ;-)

Bill G

#392765 - 09/06/14 07:21 AM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Bachus]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Korg Pa900 and Kurzweil SP4-7

I love the light weight and versatility of the Pa900 package, but prefer 76 keys. This combination, that I only set up at home, allows me to enjoy the sounds and feel (I like the semi-weighted rather than a piano-like hammer action) of the Kurzweil workstation and use it as a midi controller for the Pa900.

I simply take off the music stand, disconnect three cables at the back of the Pa900 and it's ready to go...

PS, apologies, but I am unable to orient the photo in portrait in this post. It shows as portrait on my PC.

Edited by PraiseTheLord (09/06/14 07:25 AM)

#392766 - 09/06/14 07:37 AM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: Dnj]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
It's old , but (like me) still works great. Yamaha psr 1000 ,korg i5s with a Logitech
2300 system and a laptop

Attachments
image.jpg

#392774 - 09/06/14 10:38 AM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: PraiseTheLord]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: PraiseTheLord

I am unable to orient the photo in portrait in this post. It shows as portrait on my PC.

That's OK, I was eating Tacos when I read this post - looked fine to me!
smile

#392777 - 09/06/14 11:36 AM Re: Your favourite arranger duo [Re: billyhank]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: billyhank
Bachus,

Take a good look at the Yamaha MOXF8. ;-)

Bill G

Not really Billy... All the MOXF adds is more of the same sound.. And actually lower quallity then the T5, the new effect section make the T5 outshine the MOXF and even the Motif XF in many things soundwise..

In that same pricerange, i think the Roland FA08 would add much more... And most of all, it adds a fresh naturall sound..

That was my conlusion earlier this week after looking at both these and the Krome ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online