SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#391198 - 07/26/14 09:23 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
GOT IT!!!!
Of course, it's user error, too. (doah!)
The "in depth" editing capabilities are HUMUNGUS on this unit, and you need to do some groundwork before you take it on stage.
The TC way of communicating with your source instruments has been expanded to include:
midi
guitar
audio
roomsense
and maybe more ... (I quit when I found what I needed - midi, guitar)

You cannot set a global source, unless you only use ONE trigger instrument. In my case, I will use midi, guitar, and maybe the odd track from the ipad if I'm "winging" a request that I don't know very well. EACH preset must select the source.
This is a small inconvenience in setup to produce the best possible tracking and chord recognition. I'm blown away already ... the depth of the editing, the clarity of the sound, the number of effect combos and the versitility of the looper - so cool. My guitar show has just leaped forward by a mile, and can now compete with my keyboard rig as a full sounding, versatile band emulation.
When I go out as a guitarist with a band, I will be able to pad the group with lush "ooohs and ahhhs" without bringing a lot of gear. When I do my solo thing - I can create real time backing loops as the crowd watches and hears the arrangement get fuller with each pass, and now that me and midi are pals again - my full OMB rig will sound better than ever.

Sigh .. thanx for all the suggestions - this is proof that no matter how much experience you "think" you have in this industry ... technology is changing faster than we can blink. I guess real men DO real manuals.
smile
Cheers!

#391200 - 07/26/14 10:47 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

SO GLAD I got that extra hole in my head.
smile
I'm having a ball tweaking and re-tweaking this beast! The best part is ... I have off ALL WEEKEND to customize it before taking it to work on Monday. I play, I eat, I swim ... in that endless cycle ... "life is good today, thanx Zac"
Seriously .... this is the best designed effects processor I've ever seen. I was in love with the Nova system, but this has 90% of the Nova capabilities PLUS the vocal and looping ... it's so what I was waiting for.
I'm sure, there will still be lots of quick in-out opportunities that I will just use the on board effects in the PA900 (to save time, mostly), but for anything demanding, or if I NEED the guitar .... this baby is in the mix.
I'll finalize the setup options and take some pics later this w/e ... so far all it did was add another piece on the floor under my kb - everything else is the same.
I'm a happy boy(d).
smile

#391554 - 08/05/14 09:51 PM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Brian - do it, do it, do it! That's GREAT news! You're gonna love the looper functions in the VL3. It's an amazing piece of gear. Even if it never did harmonies, it's a fantastic guitar processor.
I'm very happy with mine ... so happy that I'm selling my almost new TC Nova and Harmony Singer (both in a great floor bag that opens flat to use at your feet!)

#392193 - 08/25/14 09:30 PM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

WTG Bri!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online