SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#390755 - 07/19/14 08:44 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Ok dave...good luck

#390762 - 07/19/14 12:47 PM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I tried out the VL2 - it's a fantastic machine, Dave - you'll absolutely love it.

That's what I expect too, Gary. The jury is still out on whether it's a "fix" for my angst ... I'd love to have that extra voice behind me, and the guitar effects are all I'd ever need. I have simple needs for the guitar section - reverb, chorus, delay, tremolo, O/D ... bread & butter stuff like that, and they all seem to do that well.
I'll wait a few days more and see if it's really going to satisfy me ... I have to admit - the sonic clarity of the VL3 is better than my current setup - I'll have to compare specs on the VL2 - hope it's just as clean and shimmery.

#390763 - 07/19/14 01:06 PM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

STOP THE PRESSES!
There may be a way to turn on the second pair of voices in th VL3 - after reading further ... seems like I can do it with a little extra effort. Not giving up quite yet ... the VL3 has a better looper and more guitar effects ... if I can get the same number of harmonies - I think it's a done deal.
I'm getting a headache.

#390772 - 07/19/14 04:41 PM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

You know, I saw that comparison and there were still some areas of concern ... like there's no delay for guitar on the VL2 - dealbreaker for me.
The "on" buttons for the 3rd and 4th voices are just turned off ... maybe to protect the novice user from overloading his PA input if careless.
Anywho - it works as I thought, and sounds fantastic!
Whew .... had a scare there for a sec.

#390774 - 07/19/14 06:33 PM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Final Verdict - vocals sound amazing ... I get all 4, and more if doubled or in choir mode.
Looper is fun and functional ...
Then, there's the reason I wanted it in the first place:
THE GUITAR:
The actual effects are wonderful, the harmonies track great but there is a teeny bit of latency in it! I just feel like I'm playing an old-school Casio Midi guitar.
Sorry Challie .... can't buddy up to that feel.
It's packed up and ready to go back.

I am resigned to the fact that the onboard is going to have to do, and when I need the guitar to trigger .... I have a workaround with my pedalboard. It's just a little trickier to plug in, but it should be fine after a little tweaking. That way I get dedicated processors for kb and gtr.
It's like Dorothy said ... " if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard"
(or studio, that is.)

Hope you guys are givin' Gary hell at the late night, double feature arranger show .... wish I could have made it.
Enjoy!

#391129 - 07/24/14 07:38 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Brian ... see your PM.
(and then go buy a VL3!!!!!)

#391139 - 07/24/14 10:29 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Brian ... I have a TC Nova that will be liquid as soon as I take the VL3 on the job. It's the best multi-FX unit I ever had (until the VL3), and it has some things the VL3 does not. No looper, but more effects and they are SO nice.
Check it out ... maybe I can let this one go, now that I have the newer one. I can give you the Nova AND a TC Harmony Singer for $350. That's a pretty complete unit with very few compromises. I'll even throw in the floor bag for the pedals. They stay in the bag while in use ... then just zip and carry when you're done!

#391140 - 07/24/14 10:33 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Brian ... I have a TC Nova that will be liquid as soon as I take the VL3 on the job. It's the best multi-FX unit I ever had (until the VL3), and it has some things the VL3 does not. No looper, but more effects and they are SO nice.
Check it out ... maybe I can let this one go, now that I have the newer one. I can give you the Nova AND a TC Harmony Singer for $350. That's a pretty complete unit with very few compromises. I'll even throw in the floor bag for the pedals. They stay in the bag while in use ... then just zip and carry when you're done!

Wow! Now That's a DEAL!!!!! clap

#391185 - 07/25/14 07:42 PM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

I have to admit ... as much as I love it for guitar- I still have issues getting my PA900 to communicate with the midi section of the VL3. It's frustrating .... should work like a charm, but "somethings" evading me .... what .... what ....

#391195 - 07/26/14 06:52 AM Re: New harmonizer ... need it like a hole in the head [Re: BBBB]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Dave

When I had the Pa600 and the Voice live Touch 2 I found the output from the headphone socket on the Pa600 into the aux input of the VLT worked really well no midi involved.

Perhaps that may solve your problem. On the older Korg keyboards Pa2x, Pa800, and the micro arranger you had to select the chord channel on the keyboard for the midi to work correctly but this did not function on the Pa600, maybe it's the same on the Pa900. I reported it to Korg but nothing changed.

Hope this helps

Col

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online