SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >
Topic Options
#391286 - 07/30/14 02:30 PM Re: Ketron Ajamsonic better then Tyros 5 & KORG Pax? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

I had an Audya 4 for over a year, it was more in the repairshop then in my homestudio..

Audya styles are great, but pa3x comes close in sound, and allows much more freedom to the creative player,
When you look at the main sounds, pa3x is much more responsive, espescially when it comes to accustic sounds and synth sounds, pa3x outshines the audya
Pa3x is much more a creative workstation, where audya is a great arranger...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#391287 - 07/30/14 02:57 PM Re: Ketron Ajamsonic better then Tyros 5 & KORG Pax? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
I had an Audya 4 for over a year, it was more in the repairshop then in my home studio..

Please elaborate further...
this is what players want to hear about.. cool2

#391288 - 07/30/14 03:01 PM Re: Ketron Ajamsonic better then Tyros 5 & KORG Pax? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Personally, I enjoy owing both my Audya 5 and the S950. I can pick whichever I feel is better suited for the job and sometimes I bring both of them.  And of course more than anything, it comes down to the music that comes out of the instrument.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#391289 - 07/30/14 03:48 PM Re: Ketron Ajamsonic better then Tyros 5 & KORG Pax? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
What Gary said is true. But I think the Kentron was a killer. really did stand out above the others.
You have to really appreciate its abilities yourself as the audinece won't know or care too much. And except for the NH circut you better be doing a bunch of stuff as Donny does besides just Arranger playing.

It is the best of the best though.

#391290 - 07/30/14 03:54 PM Re: Ketron Ajamsonic better then Tyros 5 & KORG Pax? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

let me also say aside from simple NH work... as good as the Ketron Kbs sound & I have had many of them that is not always the best solution to the problem,.... for me anyway navigational features is the utmost importance when performing the way I do with lightning fast changes and jumping between styles, Mp3's, lyrics if needed, backing tracks etc, all in split second rapid fire succession between songs that cannot be achieved with only an arranger KB of any kind on the market today.
You have to use other gear to make it all come together somehow.. keys

Edited by Dnj (07/30/14 03:55 PM)

#391292 - 07/30/14 04:30 PM Re: Ketron Ajamsonic better then Tyros 5 & KORG Pax? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, I don't agree about the navigation. Other than the lyrics, which I have mostly memorized, the S-950 provides you with all the tools you need to navigate effortlessly between songs with absolutely NO dead time between songs if you wish. However, in order to to this you must be thinking 3 to 4 songs ahead and planning which buttons you will push to accomplish this goal. Remember, you were the one that showed me this more than a decade ago. My dead time between songs is less than a second most of the time. There are times, when I'm using the combination of the MFD and registrations, one song is actually hitting the last beat when the next song kicks in. And while the intro is playing, that's if I use the style's intro, if I need the lyrics, using my right hand I grab the wireless mouse and click on the song title, thereby bringing up the lyrics in bold, all caps, 14-point, black print on a snow white PC screen.

It's just a matter of utilizing ALL the tools the keyboard has to offer.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#391294 - 07/30/14 06:39 PM Re: Ketron Ajamsonic better then Tyros 5 & KORG Pax? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... like you there are many of us here who have worked bars, restaurants, CC, etc. etc. and I personally couldn't count the number of times I have been complimented on an instrumental, and also what a nice sound I have on the keyboard. ... I also think that any listener who can't appreciate an instrumental solo has little appreciation for MUSIC ... to me, as much as a good deal of my work depends a LOT on vocals - especially NH/Assisted Living gigs - I really enjoy doing an instrumental as well ... BUT, I will play/sing according to the needs of the venue ...
I have said in another thread that during one of my assisted living gigs, I was using performers on old TV shows as a theme and I commented on Dick Contino as he appeared on Ed Sullivan and so many others ... I then played "Lady of Spain" using an accordion voice and they LOVED it ... One other thing - there ARE people working gigs in NH/assisted living places who ONLY do instrumentals ... and speaking of instrumentals I wish we had Ray play a few more of them for us at the jam ...

Bachus ... I am only commenting on the Ajamsonic Audya ... I don't know how the others compare with it ...

Bill is right in that the audience generally doesn't care what instrument you are using - or if you're even using one for that matter - all they know is whether or not what they are listening to is pleasing to their ears ... HOWEVER, if I am getting a great deal of satisfaction from the board I am using, I believe that is transmitted to the audience ...

Anyway, I am now going to put on a set of headphones and play for MYSELF !!! grin headphone keys

BTW Gary ... if you ARE "as deaf as a post" how do you always sing on key ??? confused2 laugh2

BTW2 Gary ... when you are using a mouse, that's for a laptop, right? ... it would be great if that option were in the KB ...

Edited by tony mads usa (07/30/14 06:41 PM)

#391295 - 07/30/14 07:12 PM Re: Ketron Ajamsonic better then Tyros 5 & KORG Pax? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yeah, the mouse is a wireless mouse that is perched upon a small platform that I have on the ride side of the keyboard. The weight of the keyboard actually holds the platform in place and no one in the audience can see it. It's very convenient.

Now, I can have the lyrics in the laptop, but even after the cataract surgery, the letters are just too small on the keyboard's display for me to easily see. It would be a neat feature if the manufacturers had a small mouse platform area built into the keyboard, somewhere on the right side. But, I don't think that will ever happen, at least not in my lifetime.

Tony, don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing instrumentals, but I rarely have the opportunity to do so. Most of the dance tunes I do have great lyrics, most but not all. I didn't even know Moonlight Serenade had lyrics until about a decade ago. I used to do all my polkas as instrumentals until about 5 years ago, when someone came up to me and said "Hey, you know Beer Barrel Polka has words to the song." Since then, I've been singing it, and the audiences love to sing the chorus. I don't sing the Too Fat Polka, but the audiences sing it while I play it as in instrumental. Probably a good thing I do it that way, too.

When I perform Floyd Cramer's Last Date, I do it strictly as an instrumental. Not sure it has words either. Well, I got curious, and damned, the song does have lyrics - I've just never heard them.

Now, Carol tells me I'm deaf as a post because I frequently cannot understand what she says. I have a hearing aid, but I never wear it, mainly because it is primarily tuned for high frequencies. Consequently, when I'm playing and wearing the hearing aid, those high frequency sounds are almost deafening to me. And, the hearing aid ignores the lower frequencies, therefore it's almost like wearing a weird kind of ear plug. I've never had a problem staying on key, with at least one exception, when I did Merry Christmas Darling and nothing went right. Dave pointed out my flaws, I think you did too, and after redoing the song, it came out just fine. So, maybe Carol is right! (Damned, did I say that?) wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#391297 - 07/30/14 09:08 PM Re: Ketron Ajamsonic better then Tyros 5 & KORG Pax? [Re: travlin'easy]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
... the S-950 provides you with all the tools you need to navigate effortlessly between songs with absolutely NO dead time between songs if you wish. However, in order to to this you must be thinking 3 to 4 songs ahead and planning which buttons you will push to accomplish this goal...

Audya does the same using Block registrations. It's almost like a mini MFD.

Henni

#391299 - 07/31/14 05:22 AM Re: Ketron Ajamsonic better then Tyros 5 & KORG Pax? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Here are some more style demos with Ajamsonic......
I spoke with AJ and if you can contain your excitement the
NEW SUPER STYLES are coming in just 14-20 days I am told !! .....
I can't wait to hear them!!! keys

enjoy headphone

Edited by Dnj (07/31/14 05:24 AM)

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online