SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#392014 - 08/18/14 08:18 PM Pa300 has some new and some re-worked styles...
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Checked out a Pa300 this past weekend. Being a former Pa900 owner, I was impressed with what they did with the styles on the Pa300. There are a number of brand new styles and also a good number of re-worked styles. They sound great - smoother and more refined than they previously were - yet still retaining that distinct Korg signature sound. Anyone else notice this?

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#392044 - 08/19/14 08:56 PM Re: Pa300 has some new and some re-worked styles... [Re: CoasterTim]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Originally Posted By: CoasterTim
Checked out a Pa300 this past weekend. Being a former Pa900 owner, I was impressed with what they did with the styles on the Pa300. There are a number of brand new styles and also a good number of re-worked styles. They sound great - smoother and more refined than they previously were - yet still retaining that distinct Korg signature sound. Anyone else notice this?

Why did you sell pa900 and kept s950?
style issues/fill issues or lack of style library?

#392050 - 08/20/14 05:20 AM Re: Pa300 has some new and some re-worked styles... [Re: jamman]
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
None of those reasons. The 900 is an excellent unit - beyond my need and budget. Just paring down. The 300 is more in line with my hobbyist level of playing.

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#392070 - 08/21/14 07:20 AM Re: Pa300 has some new and some re-worked styles... [Re: CoasterTim]
Dnj Offline

Korg PA units sound terrific to a point......it's the antiquated Operating System using "FOLDERS" that really puts me off it's so annoying to navigate, audition styles, etc,.....and I have used KORG arrangers since the first one was released since the SAS20 in the 1980's..thru the Pa3x.... it's one of the reasons I sold my Pa3x and returned to Yamaha.....good luck with your Pa300.

#392071 - 08/21/14 08:47 AM Re: Pa300 has some new and some re-worked styles... [Re: CoasterTim]
billyhank Offline

I totally agree that the Korg data storage system is a train wreck, especially for new keyboard owners.

The need to put everything in a set file(folder), is a pain and prevents sorting and arranging the styles in a user friendly manner.

At least we now have a program that greatly helps with style management on a PC, but Yamaha proved long ago simplified storage systems makes the keyboard very user friendly in that regard and I believe that is likely the single most important reason so many keyboard players are loyal to Yamaha.

Bill G

#392073 - 08/21/14 09:15 AM Re: Pa300 has some new and some re-worked styles... [Re: billyhank]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: billyhank
I totally agree that the Korg data storage system is a train wreck, especially for new keyboard owners.

The need to put everything in a set file(folder), is a pain and prevents sorting and arranging the styles in a user friendly manner.

At least we now have a program that greatly helps with style management on a PC, but Yamaha proved long ago simplified storage systems makes the keyboard very user friendly in that regard and I believe that is likely the single most important reason so many keyboard players are loyal to Yamaha.

Bill G

Billy I agree KORG needs to redesign their FOLDER System OS in the upcoming arrangers if there ever is one in the future. They have so many kool features that are honestly BETTER then Yamaha at this point like "Songbook" & TC Helicon VH"
"Larger Display" etc, etc, What one has the other needs
& visa versa. same goes for Ketron units.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online