SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#390618 - 07/15/14 09:52 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
No need assuming he's going to visit all those places. His interest is in people who on earth want to serve him. He's simply going to get rid of the people who do not desire to serve him on a paradise earth. It's not complicated. He sent his Son the Messiah here on Earth to teach mankind about him. John 17:3 says: This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Perhaps one day all the universe will have worshipers of Jehovah. But that for now is all speculation.

For many years Scientist cast doubt on the Bible saying that it was in error by stating that the rabbit did not chew the cud. They are guilty of turning many people away from the Bible and God with that statement. In the 40's by some accident a scientist discovered that indeed the rabbit did chew the cud. God's word was right the scientist were wrong.

Scientist believed the earth was flat from what I was taught until some time around Christopher Columbus. This is what the Bible writer Isaiah had to say long before Columbus.
Isaiah 40:22 There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth. How do you suppose that man Isaiah knew that the earth was round like a circle.

It's because all of the Bible writers were inspired by God as to what they should write. There's never been a scientist I've heard of that's ever been inspired by Jehovah. I will go with what the men who serve Jah say that are blessed with his inspiration. God's plan for mankind and the Earth makes everything else that men plan and do insignificant, if it's not in harmony with what Jehovah is going to do. He will see that their schemes all fail in his due time, not when we want it to happen. All that is expected of us is to be patient and do his will.

#390621 - 07/16/14 12:21 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles

Scientist believe that at least 60-70 billion planets per galaxy can sustain life (x 100 billion galaxies) and assuming that He needs to visit them all, it could be quite a while before his Kingdom actually gets here, depending on where we are in the queue. My point is, we may not want to wait that long and so should maybe take it upon ourselves to take care of some of that "wicked" stuff.....you know, like contributing to global warming.

just saying....

chas

I have to agree with you chas ... though I think God would not favor any place more than another. I doubt is there is any queuing involved lol.

And scientific opinion nowadays is much more based on actual data as opposed to 500 years ago when the world being flat was simply speculation.

#390622 - 07/16/14 02:10 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Like all good politicians the promoters of the bible post details that are completely out of context, in that they quote a verse out of a complete thread, however if you read the full thread you find that the verses mentioned have nothing to do with the subject that the bible promoters refer too.

BTW It was the ancient Greeks who first discovered the world was round (Long before the bible came along) but it was ridiculed and hidden by the religious as it did not conform to what they believed to be true (That the earth was the centre, and everything went round it) until scientists proved beyond doubt that their teachings were (And always had been) wrong. (The same applies to most other things in the bible as well)

If the writers of the bible had the understanding of the world as we do today it would have been written completely different to how it was written then.

The religious believe that nothing changes (The bible is the whole truth) and what was understood then must be correct, scientists on the other hand are always (Without exception) question what has gone before to make sure all the facts are correct and to move forward from a solid foundation. (We would still be in the dark ages if we had followed the bible and marriage would still mean ownership of the women, not a mutual agreement with free will for both (Still practiced with some religions though)

The above is why I will have nothing to do with religion, but by the same token have no problems with others that believe otherwise on the understanding that they do not impose their beliefs onto others. (I believe in facts and possibilities NOT blind faith)

Bill

#390623 - 07/16/14 04:22 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: brickboo]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo
No need assuming he's going to visit all those places. His interest is in people who on earth want to serve him. He's simply going to get rid of the people who do not desire to serve him on a paradise earth. It's not complicated. He sent his Son the Messiah here on Earth to teach mankind about him. John 17:3 says: This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Perhaps one day all the universe will have worshipers of Jehovah. But that for now is all speculation.

For many years Scientist cast doubt on the Bible saying that it was in error by stating that the rabbit did not chew the cud. They are guilty of turning many people away from the Bible and God with that statement. In the 40's by some accident a scientist discovered that indeed the rabbit did chew the cud. God's word was right the scientist were wrong.

Scientist believed the earth was flat from what I was taught until some time around Christopher Columbus. This is what the Bible writer Isaiah had to say long before Columbus.
Isaiah 40:22 There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth. How do you suppose that man Isaiah knew that the earth was round like a circle.

It's because all of the Bible writers were inspired by God as to what they should write. There's never been a scientist I've heard of that's ever been inspired by Jehovah. I will go with what the men who serve Jah say that are blessed with his inspiration. God's plan for mankind and the Earth makes everything else that men plan and do insignificant, if it's not in harmony with what Jehovah is going to do. He will see that their schemes all fail in his due time, not when we want it to happen. All that is expected of us is to be patient and do his will.

Boo, you've got to stop hanging around those Pot shops there in Colorado; the second-hand smoke can do some serious long-term damage to the brain (ask any of our old ex-hippie musician friends). Or maybe you just need to move back to a nice warm climate like your beloved New Orleans.....but wait; at the rate things are going, if you wait long enough, Colorado will be just as warm and toasty as New Orleans smile smile. Plus, if His Kingdom comes early and gets rid of all the "wickedness" in New Orleans, it could be just like.....Greenwich, CT.

smile

chas

PS: Just pulling your chain, Boo. Not trying to bring you over to the 'dark side' (with me and Ian smile ).

#390624 - 07/16/14 05:59 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Thinking on how everything is big in our universe.And then "God" makes "US".Comparing, we are not even a speck on a grand scale of things.And how small god has to be for us to be his slaves.And how wicked he has to be for us to kill in his name.One thing I don't understand is when god kills children , how can that be OK, even if it was by a god??To punish their parents??What is it??

What about Noah and his ARC?God sparred him and his family,and killed all other sinners.What about animals??Sure he saved two from each kind, but he killed all other..And in this it says he is merciful.If a family has 100 persons, and I kill 98 of them and leave two to go on and reproduce, am I really being merciful????

Through all this I am not saying there is no GOD..I doubt there is but I do wish there was one.Not a Santa Clause from these religious books that everyone reads,but the real thing. But I am saying that religion was made by men, I believe very stupid men , without any logic and a common scene.And I believe it's the biggest and most dangerous illness made by man kind.

I always say: "As a species who evolved from a lesser ape, we are making a great progress. But, as a species made by GOD, we failed miserably".

Sorry for grammars,English is my second language..

Edited by mirza (07/16/14 06:00 AM)

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#390679 - 07/17/14 12:45 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

When I was on you folks side of this discussion and spewing off all of these comments that you atheists are making, to the gentleman trying to help me understand Jehovah's plan for mankind, he told me this, and I will leave it rest here.

He said, "Boo, if you are correct, no one on Earth has any problems to worry about." He said, "we can eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we will all die." Then he said,"but, if I'm right all mankind has a lot to lose." For they will miss the joy of serving Jehovah and his Son forever on a paradise earth void of all wickedness, oppression, and will never be hungry again."

All I'll add to this is that I considered what he said for some time and made a decision to gain more knowledge of Jehovah, because Jesus said that Knowledge of Jehovah and the one that he sent forth meant everlasting life. Let your name be sanctified, let your kingdom come, let you will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. So be it. May Jehovah bless, and show mercy to any who would desire to know more about him.

#390716 - 07/18/14 07:48 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: brickboo]
mirza Offline

I gotta ask you this Brickboo.
If God made everything and and he is almighty and powerfull, why does he needs us to serve him?We are not even a speck in the universe.And why we want to be sheeps when we are much more as humans??
Actually I have lovely lady comng to my house every week for past 2 years.She is a Jehovah's Vitness.She still thinks that I could change my mind on religion and I really don't have a heart to tell her what I really think about religion in general.I usually ask a lot of questions, and she usually gives me fairy tales answers.But, I would never tell her not to come anymore..My father thought me a good thing.He told me:"Son , most dangerous thing in the world is to read only one book"..

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#390727 - 07/18/14 09:05 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Mirza, This is why he cares about us the specks of dust in the Universe. It is the plain simple truth. It is for the meek. Of all the meaning of the word "MEEK," think of it as one who is teachable. Some people don't want to learn about Jehovah. Jehovah forces no one to seek him. He calls the teachable with a yearning to know about him and why things are as they are. He cares about us for a simple reason. He created us and he loves us. But he will not force you to love him. You have to love him by your own free will.
John 3:16
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

#390730 - 07/18/14 09:50 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
mirza Offline

You see , that is what I have problem with.If he let his only son go the way Bible said what would he do to us..I am a fater of 3 kids, and I will never understand that.Or when he asked Abraham( Ibrahim) to kill Isak...I know it' s a test, but who does tests like this??And who kills children just to teach parents a thing or two??All I am saying is, if there is a god , religion gives him a bad , bad name..

#390795 - 07/20/14 11:41 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
rosetree
Unregistered

Just to use this thread for posting some current record temperatures:
Yesterday, on the German North Sea island of Norderney, a new all-time-high temperature was measured:
93,4°F.
This is a remarkable record (of course not significant in terms of climate change). Due to the cold North Sea water, the average afternoon high is just 67°F!

Edited by rosetree (07/20/14 11:42 AM)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online