Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#387780 - 04/10/14 01:56 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: cgiles]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
[ Chas, I suppose it could s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to be perceived as "juvenile", but in this case, it simply makes far more "adult" sense than you appear to comprehend.

Ian

Well that's because I'm so stupid, Ian. I suppose in the future we need to leave it up to your superior intellect to determine what has merit and what to dismiss. Oh God, why wasn't I born into that exalted status. Damn, just can't seem to catch a break.

chas

Actually Chas, I think you are a pretty smart guy, in spite of all your self deprecation and poorly excogitated sarcasm.

I certainly do respect your excellent playing and pretty much all of your posts, which are usually well worded and very interesting.

Maybe instead of tiring your poor self out trying to "catch a break", you might want to "take a break" instead, and enjoy some popcorn (Low salt is good!) and a soft drink.

Works for me...

Ian

#387781 - 04/10/14 02:05 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
At least we stirred up a pot of something. smile
I think everybody means well and I haven't taken any of it to mean otherwise.
Now chill and say nice stuff!
Let's see DNJ doesn't sweat a lot for a fat guy.
Occasionally even the Yankees on here make sense.
As far as Boo, as we say in the South, Bless His Heart.
Russ and Chas do make a cute couple.
I'm on a roll now, how about some drums icons Ian?

#387784 - 04/10/14 02:10 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, at 6.25/gal. for Avgas, 2-5k/yr for annual inspection(assuming nothing is wrong smile ), 1k/yr for recurrent training, 4-500/mo. for hanger rental; I'm not sure you want a small plane. A plane is about the destination, a boat (sailing vessel) is about the JOURNEY. Besides, most small planes won't fit a keyboard and two speakers. Trust me, stick with the boat. A boat is like a wife, a plane is like an expensive mistress. Ask Deanne, he'll confirm this.

chas

#387785 - 04/10/14 02:12 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

wink

Attachments
ssssssssss.jpg

#387787 - 04/10/14 02:16 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yeah, I know you're right. I flew a Cessna 272 for a while, no storage at all for anything larger than a small duffel bag. I'll stick with the sailing yacht. Beside, it's paid for and at most I burn a half-gallon of gas an hour while motoring, which isn't all that often.

I wanted to thrown a Synthzone Jam in Marathon Key, Florida last winter, but could find anyone interested in spending a coule days in the sunny south last winter. Maybe next year. wink

Think about jamming in a 50 X 50 Tiki Hut in a tropical paradise. smile

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (04/10/14 02:19 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#387788 - 04/10/14 02:17 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I agree Donny. If you guys were not my friends I wouldn't pick on any of you!

#387789 - 04/10/14 02:20 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: ianmcnll]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Actually Chas, I think you are a pretty smart guy, in spite of all your self deprecation and poorly excogitated sarcasm.

Actually, not that smart. I had to look up 'excogitate'.

chas

#387790 - 04/10/14 02:26 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Russ and Chas do make a cute couple.

smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

If you saw us in person, you'd take that statement back in a second smile smile. Besides, Russ isn't my type, I think it's the cap.

chas

#387796 - 04/10/14 11:16 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: cgiles]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
As the old saying goes "Opinions are like a$$holes - everybody has one." wink

I think it's clear that this forum is much more of a 'social media' forum (which gives it it's addictive quality) than a music forum....the downside is that this sometimes leads to cliques and alliances within a forum which can take on a tone of exclusivity. Symptoms of this are when 95% of the posts are from 5% of the members. I could go on but I'm sure I've already said too much. Now I could be dead wrong about all of this, but remember, it's just my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions).
chas

Chas......you're NOT "dead wrong." And I wish you would stop making great statements like you often do that tell it like it is and then kind of apologize for "going out on a limb" with those same remarks.

I noticed a long time ago that this is more of a social meeting hall (kind of like a saloon in the Old West or your local Elks Club...minus the alcohol). I've also been in touch privately with 3-4 other members and they expressed the same view.

Now that's not to say there's anything wrong with that, but there's also nothing wrong with calling a "spade a spade."

And, to be fair, I read the posts every day because I really think the members here are just plain "nice guys"...and interesting.......and funny too, verrrrry funny!

But, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I wish there was more "music" talk in here instead of the (sometimes) "chest-pounding" and the (oftentimes) splitting hairs with mindless, endless debates over something like "which keyboard is better!"

In another group I'm in (with 500 members), I posted a "substitute chord progression" someone did in the song Opus One that I thought was brilliant and that it might serve as a platform to discuss some creative ideas amongst the group. What I got in return was.....dead silence. The room collapsed as it always does when I bring up remarks that might help someone to advance in musical skills.

Does anyone have any ideas on why that is? That in a "music group" such as this, no one actually talks about "making music?"

As for the Diki remark you made to Donny ("And Donny, yes I do miss Diki. At least you could count on him for an intelligent response to a post.").....

I, Mark, say dealing with Diki is like owning a Maserati.....a magnificent machine to have in your stables, but you pay a heck of a price for "having it in your stables!"

Still.....the man IS informative, dedicated, and focused on music. I DO like that about Diki!

Mark

#387798 - 04/10/14 11:55 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: tony mads usa]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Saswick

Now't wrong with Colostomy bags, damn site better than a pine box LOL
Col

... and even with a hole or a bag, some people can still be full of crap ... laugh2

Col ... how are you doing? ... I have been wondering where you have been and what you are doing? ... how are the vocal lessons coming along ...
singer keys

Hi Tony and the rest of you lot

Still alive and kicking. The new lady in my life (Singing teacher) soon made me realise how little I knew about singing, having said that, one month in and I already feel I'm improving. I'll post some result's soon, a threat or a promise, not sure which.

Thank you Donny, I'm now singing over SMF/backing track's.

Thank you Mark, for suggesting the singing lessons.

Thank you Tony, for remembering me LOL

I've just done a couple of small gig's using my tablet, a Voicelive Touch and two speakers. Left the G70 at home.

A tip for using an Android tablet for playing MP3/Wave files (Backing track's) with linked (scrolling) text files to display the lyrics.

An app called "Lyric Writer Pro", £1.26 in real money, allows you to load as many songs as you like, set up play lists etc.
You can even alter the size of the text display for the semi blind, delay the scrolling start to allow for the intro. It really is a great little piece of software.

The output from the Tablet into the aux input on the VLT to trigger the harmony, output from the VLT into the active speakers, no mixer. The tablet and VLT mounted on one mic stand, oh and I bought a TC Helicon MP-75 mic with a button to switch the harmony in and out without using a footswitch etc. job done, works a treat.

All the best

Col

Edited by Saswick (04/10/14 11:57 PM)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online