SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#387708 - 04/09/14 03:08 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Two messages in a row from our "Chairman of the Board!" That alone is a good sign!

I counted the words again (indicator of Don's recovery).......he's up to 17,407 already in each post! I'd say he's.......just about back in the groove now!

What does Don say?

Mark

#387709 - 04/09/14 04:17 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
At dinner I sat at the table with the Sheriff, Mayor, Attorney General...

Good plan, Don.....hide in plain sight, huh smile smile . Hope you didn't leave any fingerprints while you were uh, 'appropriating' that doggie bag smile .

Seriously, glad to see you feeling well enough to handle a heavy duty gig with no ill effects.

chas

PS: Throw those steaks in the freezer until Boo or I get down there.

#387711 - 04/09/14 05:55 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, other than the potatoes, that is a healthy diet.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (04/09/14 05:56 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#387714 - 04/09/14 06:07 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
billyhank Offline

Way to go Don!

That's a home run in anyone's book. ;-)

Bill G

#387720 - 04/09/14 09:01 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Two grown "boys" at home. . . that food was mostly gone by midnight!
The job must have taken a lot out of me. I slept nearly 12 hours straight. First time I went to sleep at 10:30 in maybe 50 years!
I listened to the recording of the event, and I must say I'm fairly satisfied. I did run out of breath some, but I think I covered it up so no one much noticed. It's not like they were following every note anyway.
My chest and rib cage are somewhat sore today from the exertion of singing. I didn't expect that, but it's nothing to worry about. Probably did me good.
Tony, the Cardiologist has me on low-carb diet. No potatoes for sure.
Chas, I guess you can say I'm "connected", a very small frog in a very small pond though! When I first went to the hospital, there were two Sheriff Dept. officers that beat the ambulance there.
They had heard it on the radio. At the time everything checked out o.k. though. I went back home and scheduled a stress test. That's when the fun began!
Mark, I think I was just pumped up last night from getting out of the house, so took it out on my friends here! Besides we need something to talk about until the next arranger comes out.

#387741 - 04/10/14 06:48 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Never seen so long between posts.

I hope a new arranger keyboard hits the market very soon so that it will jump start the dormant GAK forum!! surprised

#387744 - 04/10/14 07:38 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It's not dormant by any means, Donny. Just no more pissing contests, but some great informational exchanges and some nice song posts. Things are running smoothly, which is the way it should be, thanks to Nigel.

If a new arranger keyboard hits the market in the next few month, I'm confident that there will be several opinions from folks that have never seen, touched, heard and used the keyboard, but that's nothing unusual. As the old saying goes "Opinions are like a$$holes - everybody has one." wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#387746 - 04/10/14 07:51 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
It's not dormant by any means, Donny. Just no more pissing contests, but some great informational exchanges and some nice song posts. Things are running smoothly, which is the way it should be, thanks to Nigel.

If a new arranger keyboard hits the market in the next few month, I'm confident that there will be several opinions from folks that have never seen, touched, heard and used the keyboard, but that's nothing unusual. As the old saying goes "Opinions are like a$$holes - everybody has one." wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

Thanx Gary I agree big time, ..... now I'm inspired to post a few things as soon as I get a break.

#387748 - 04/10/14 08:46 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
As the old saying goes "Opinions are like a$$holes - everybody has one." wink

And just like a$$holes, they serve a useful function. I think we must be careful that 'running smoothly' doesn't come at the expense of stifling dissenting opinions and creating an environment where members don't feel free to express themselves honestly for fear of feeling the wrath of the 'ol' boys club'.

I think it's clear that this forum is much more of a 'social media' forum (which gives it it's addictive quality) than a music forum. The upside is that often strong friendships (both 'cyber' and real) are formed. The downside is that this sometimes leads to cliques and alliances within a forum which can take on a tone of exclusivity. Symptoms of this are when 95% of the posts are from 5% of the members. I could go on but I'm sure I've already said too much. Now I could be dead wrong about all of this, but remember, it's just my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions).

Oh, the other thing about a$$holes; everybody NEEDS one. The alternative is a colostomy bag.

chas

#387749 - 04/10/14 09:02 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
As the old saying goes "Opinions are like a$$holes - everybody has one." wink

And just like a$$holes, they serve a useful function. I think we must be careful that 'running smoothly' doesn't come at the expense of stifling dissenting opinions and creating an environment where members don't feel free to express themselves honestly for fear of feeling the wrath of the 'ol' boys club'.

I think it's clear that this forum is much more of a 'social media' forum (which gives it it's addictive quality) than a music forum. The upside is that often strong friendships (both 'cyber' and real) are formed. The downside is that this sometimes leads to cliques and alliances within a forum which can take on a tone of exclusivity. Symptoms of this are when 95% of the posts are from 5% of the members. I could go on but I'm sure I've already said too much. Now I could be dead wrong about all of this, but remember, it's just my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions).

Oh, the other thing about a$$holes; everybody NEEDS one. The alternative is a colostomy bag.

chas

Sounds like you miss your buddy Diki, coffee

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online