Now't wrong with Colostomy bags, damn site better than a pine box LOL

Col

#387751 - 04/10/14 09:16 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

#387752 - 04/10/14 09:17 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Chas, I know there is still a lot of interest here, judging by the number of views that a post gets. However it seems a lot of people are just reading and not posting or contributing much.
I hope this isn't caused by your perception of it being a good ol boy forum, although I must agree there is that element, of which I'm a card-carrying member. smile
I encourage everyone to ask questions and give opinions!
I will try to restrict myself to arranger topics more, and if my friends want updates on personal things, my email is available in the profile.

#387753 - 04/10/14 09:21 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: Saswick]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Saswick

Now't wrong with Colostomy bags, damn site better than a pine box LOL
Col

... and even with a hole or a bag, some people can still be full of crap ... laugh2

Col ... how are you doing? ... I have been wondering where you have been and what you are doing? ... how are the vocal lessons coming along ...
singer keys

#387757 - 04/10/14 09:30 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: ianmcnll]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
This is GOOD!

Chas has taken an "aside" as I would call it, and made a comment which is his personal opinion about how things work around here.

There is nothing negative about his opinion; just an observation, which I believe to be "spot on".

I appreciate the tongue in cheek" responses so far.

And, back on point, I VERY GLAD my good friend Don is back behind the keys.

I was REALLY WORRIED as multiple things went south.

He's a GREAT GUY, as is Chas. I believe they'd be great friends if they were ever to meet in person.

They're both VERY GOOD FRIENDS of mine.

Be well, all!

Russ

#387760 - 04/10/14 09:48 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Ian, everyone knows that emoticon is meant to demean and diminish the importance of someone's post. If you're too lazy to put up an actual post, fine, but putting up that emoticon (as you've been doing a lot lately) is just downright juvenile.

Don, obviously Ian doesn't share your view of encouraging people to give opinions, at least ones he deems 'unimportant'.

Obviously, I did NOT request that people restrict themselves to arranger topics (else my own post count would be about 20) and I certainly hope that I did not imply that such things as updates on the health and well-being of one of our members were not important to all of us. I was merely trying to point out that 'running smoothly' sometimes just means not upsetting the status quo. Occasionally, the status quo needs to be upset.

And Donny, yes I do miss Diki. At least you could count on him for an intelligent response to a post.

Any more haters (of free speech)?

chas

#387763 - 04/10/14 10:04 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I don't think anyone here is a "hater of free speech" ... I think it is the speech that turns sarcastic and argumentative that is disliked (I don't like to use the word 'hate') ...and there IS a difference between a debate and an argument ... JMHO ... and yes, I have an a$$hole too ...

#387766 - 04/10/14 10:51 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: cgiles]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Ian, everyone knows that emoticon is meant to demean and diminish the importance of someone's post. If you're too lazy to put up an actual post, fine, but putting up that emoticon (as you've been doing a lot lately) is just downright juvenile.

I was merely trying to point out that 'running smoothly' sometimes just means not upsetting the status quo. Occasionally, the status quo needs to be upset.

Chas, I suppose it could s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to be perceived as "juvenile", but in this case, it simply makes far more "adult" sense than you appear to comprehend.

But, you are entitled to your opinion, just as I have the prerogative not to agree with it.

I would also suggest there is a difference between "upsetting the status quo" and "stirring the pot".

Ian

#387777 - 04/10/14 01:31 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: ianmcnll]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
[ Chas, I suppose it could s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to be perceived as "juvenile", but in this case, it simply makes far more "adult" sense than you appear to comprehend.

Ian

Well that's because I'm so stupid, Ian. I suppose in the future we need to leave it up to your superior intellect to determine what has merit and what to dismiss. Oh God, why wasn't I born into that exalted status. Damn, just can't seem to catch a break.

chas

#387779 - 04/10/14 01:49 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
C'mon guys, give it a break - no one here is all that damned smart, other than DonM and myself. I love opinions based upon fact, but unfortunately, that was not always the case in the past, and may not be in the future. Factual opinions, however, in years past, really helped me a lot in firing up my NH gigs/jobs, and that was the main reason I came here - to learn from others who had some first-hand, factual information that I could utilize in my part of the world. In the process, I made a lot of good friends, many of which I have met in person, and hope to see again in the near future. (At my age, and nasty health condition, I don't have a distant future.) The list is pretty darned long, and personally, I can't thank these fine people enough for contributing to my success in the musical entertainment business. If I had unlimited income, and a small plane like Deane Peters (Hammer), I would be flying around the U.S. and meeting up with more zoners. Unfortunately, I didn't hit Lotto last week, the boat only covers the eastern seaboard's coastal areas, but damned, I'm sure having fun.

Hell, this forum sent me to Nashville.

You guys made it possible for me to buy a sailing yacht.

I get to sing to a play to some really hot ladies.

That more could a guy want?

Thanks guys,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (04/10/14 01:57 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online