SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#387686 - 04/08/14 02:37 PM Found out where in australia my client is...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Looking forward to going to Nigel's homeland, Australia soon.

Am working for a company that manufactures sheds and is introducing them into the American market.

They are located three hours from Melborne in a town called Albury.

If I get lucky. I'll go over with the horse people I play for
and visit this operation on my time off.

My luck; the horse operation is probably on the other end of the country. I'll find out about that next week.

Went to Melborne years ago (1970)for a month to play in the lounge of a Holiday Inn (yea, I'm a lounge lizzard)which was being opened by a company I did lots of work for.

FUN,FUN,FUN!

R.

#387689 - 04/08/14 02:48 PM Re: Found out where in australia my client is... [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Hey, Russ ... I need some extra storage space ... can you get me a 'family discount' on one of those sheds ... in fact I'll let them put one in my back yard for free, and I'll advertise for them !!! ...

PS ... the next part of your last line is "... now that daddy took the T bird awaaayyy ... " rocker

#387699 - 04/08/14 08:28 PM Re: Found out where in australia my client is... [Re: captain Russ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Get in line, Russ has promised me a building! smile

#387702 - 04/08/14 08:41 PM Re: Found out where in australia my client is... [Re: DonM]
baz66 Offline

Loc: Australia E coast
Dear capt russ.
We are overrun with horses, dingos (not a dog so we are told)and kangaroos. Yanks seem to think that they abound in our main streets. Not any more. We've eaten them all.
seriously, you will get a pleasant shock when you discover how beautiful Albury is ( and the rest).
I only hope you can take time to explore.
American sheds? we already live in sheds. I'm not sure we need any more. HA HA.
baz

#387705 - 04/08/14 09:34 PM Re: Found out where in australia my client is... [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: captain Russ

They are located three hours from Melbourne in a town called Albury.

I know Albury and played some band gigs there back in the 80s. It is a rural town on the Murray River (which is the state border) and has a very historic background like most river towns. Victoria is my home state. I am Melbourne born and bred.

You will like it there Russ. Should be low pressure and a relaxed atmosphere. But be warned they are probably really into country music wink

#387712 - 04/09/14 06:00 AM Re: Found out where in australia my client is... [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#387732 - 04/09/14 12:41 PM Re: Found out where in australia my client is... [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Baz, we are selling the Endurashed line, designed and manufactured in Australia to large retailers in the US, who will sell them to Do-It-Your selfers! My company is inviolved in brochures, web sites, installation videos, trade show design/planning, instruction video and print, publicity releases...anything and everything needed to take to market here.

It's a neat little design that is much sturdier and faster to install than the best selling metal shed sold by the big box guys.

Be a FUN TRIP! I'll go after the Vegas Hardware Show in early May.

Also be filming a show video, with an original music score!

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (04/09/14 12:42 PM)

#387734 - 04/09/14 01:44 PM Re: Found out where in australia my client is... [Re: captain Russ]
DonM Offline

Free Kangaroo with each purchase. I can't wait!

#387799 - 04/11/14 12:33 AM Re: Found out where in australia my client is... [Re: DonM]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Free Kangaroo with each purchase. I can't wait!

Those kangaroos would take you down Don. They are actually aggressive animals that can kill a human very easily. I wouldn't want a free kangaroo myself. They use their small front paws to grab onto your chest then bring up the big back feet to kick off you ripping out your chest. Quite nasty really.

#387810 - 04/11/14 08:30 AM Re: Found out where in australia my client is... [Re: captain Russ]
DonM Offline

I'd go for one of those cuddly-looking Koala bears, which I understand are not bears at all! smile
I've already had my chest ripped open. Once is enough!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online