SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#387188 - 03/30/14 04:41 PM A pleasant surprise ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
We often talk about how we have to wait for payment from certain clients - often NH, corporate jobs, etc. take a while before they pay ...
well, yesterday I played an assisted living place I work at fairly often ... when I got home I went to bring in the mail and there was an envelope from the place I had just worked, paying me for the gig I had JUST PLAYED !!! ...they had to have sent the check out at least 2 - 3 days before the gig ... They usually pay within 7 - 10 days of the gig, but this was a new record !!! ...
bounce

#387189 - 03/30/14 05:08 PM Re: A pleasant surprise ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

No surprise here,... as many of my clients put in vouchers 2 weeks in advance of my shows & I either get them before I even perform or the day of the show in hand,......then again some you wait weeks all depends on their payment policy at NH facilities go figure. This never happens on regular gigs.

Edited by Dnj (03/30/14 05:09 PM)

#387190 - 03/30/14 06:10 PM Re: A pleasant surprise ... [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Senior gigs I have been playing...I had a couple pay me in advance (agent)....most payments are received between 1 and 5 days after performances..

#387191 - 03/30/14 06:13 PM Re: A pleasant surprise ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Until last year, I had a couple places that handed me an envelope with cash in it upon my arrival at the job. Those places have since been bought up by major corporations and it takes up to three months to get paid.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#387210 - 03/31/14 09:28 AM Re: A pleasant surprise ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Until last year, I had a couple places that handed me an envelope with cash in it upon my arrival at the job. Those places have since been bought up by major corporations and it takes up to three months to get paid.

Gary cool

Bloody Hell Gary, you could have amassed some debt up in 12 weeks the rate you play at, am I in your will.... you need to get your act together - know what I mean... wink

Hope you are well

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#387221 - 03/31/14 11:10 AM Re: A pleasant surprise ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, you are right - but eventually, the cash begins to flow in on a regular basis. Yes, the debt does mount up during that lull between billing and the actual arrival of the checks, but that's all part of doing business in today's economy. Just something you have to be prepared for, financially. The largest expense is travel related. While gasoline is not nearly as expensive here as it is in the UK, it's still expensive in comparison to what it was 6 years ago. And, fuel costs drive up the cost of other goods as well, which subtracts from the bottom line. I would hate to have to start fresh into this business today - you would need at least 90 days of operating capitol and living expenses at your disposal in order to succeed.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online