SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#388641 - 05/06/14 02:01 PM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
What's the definition of a light duty gig v/s a heavy-duty gig? To me they're all the same. No changes in anything. Today, 50 couples on the dance floor throughout the afternoon, they had a ball, wanted to know when I was coming back, several took cards for private parties and said they would call when they got things arranged. I told them all to call me first for date availability cause I only have a few days open each month, literally.

Gary cool

Big difference,... when I'm Pumping a younger House/Electronica Music party dance crowd for 4-5hrs at a full blown 350-400pp Wedding or Dinner Dance vs just 25-50pp at a
"Light Duty"
nursing home, cocktail hr, etc, gig for a 1 hr show.
I repeat BIG DIFFERENCE! eek2

Edited by Dnj (05/06/14 02:04 PM)

#388642 - 05/06/14 02:28 PM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi DNJ,

I downloaded that video. I even downloaded the registries with those settings. The harmony is not too bad, but I cannot for the life of me get the mic effects to sound the same as on the default Ajamsonic Audya settings.

Also, playing the S950 through the same powered speakers I use for the Audya, I cannot get it to equal the clarity of the Audya. And believe me, I REALLY want to.

So now I've given up for the moment. I'll keep the Yamaha, but focus on the Audya. It works as is for a novice like myself.

Cheers mate,

Henni

#388643 - 05/06/14 02:32 PM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: Henni]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
My 3 cents grin I'm different wink

The Audya, next to anything else, will have more checks (positive) than the competition...mostly in the sound department..

Light gig verses heavy duty gig....my opinion, a light gig is the job that needs a quick setup, with compromises to boot..it could be a low pay, short gig..Like I was entertaining the last couple weeks (PA900)..
The heavy duty gig, use of your favorite keyboard, not worrying about weight or size, just comfort and more enjoyable to play, justified by longer gig (4 hours)...no compromise.. smile

#388644 - 05/06/14 03:04 PM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi DNJ,

I downloaded that video. I even downloaded the registries with those settings. The harmony is not too bad, but I cannot for the life of me get the mic effects to sound the same as on the default Ajamsonic Audya settings.

Also, playing the S950 through the same powered speakers I use for the Audya, I cannot get it to equal the clarity of the Audya. And believe me, I REALLY want to.

So now I've given up for the moment. I'll keep the Yamaha, but focus on the Audya. It works as is for a novice like myself.

Cheers mate,

Henni

Personally I use the Rock & Roll DELAY FX on the S950 I Like the fast slap back on my Mic when I'm singing thru the KB,....otherwise I run the Mic thru my Mixer w/FX, when I'm Djing, etc,..... singer
but honestly by the way you have been talking I would just stick with the Audya for all your needs, dig in deep make it do what you want it to do you'll be a happier player,..
and sell the S950 at least you gave it a shot it's not for everybody. frown
It's like owning a Ferrari then buying a Smart car! surprised

Edited by Dnj (05/06/14 03:07 PM)

#388646 - 05/06/14 04:16 PM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: Henni]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
What I was referring to Donny was your vocals. they shouldn't change whether you are performing for a relatively young crowd, or an older crowd - makes absolutely no difference, at least to me. Everyone gets the same package when it comes to my vocals - the best I can offer and nothing less. Today's crowd was not young, but they danced for the entire 2.5 hours I performed. They danced to everything I played, and about a third of the songs were high energy Latin songs.

Fran, all my jobs pay exactly the same hourly rate, no one gets cut rate and no one gets screwed over. Everyone is treated equally, which is probably why work more than anyone in my immediate area. And, I take the same rig into an assisted living facility as I take to a banquet, or Monday night's restaurant job. Why should anyone get more or less?

Now, I'm pretty happy with the quality of everything I have with this particular setup, especially the vocals, and so are my audiences. While my lung capacity continues to deteriorate, and I constantly have to place more effort on singing than anytime in the past, my audiences are telling me that my vocals sound as good or better than ever. I guess I must be doing something right.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#388648 - 05/06/14 05:06 PM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: Henni]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
What I mean by Light gig..a small footprint set up, because you are setting up in crowded areas, hallway, isle etc..so the lightness and smallness would make it easier, but for me at the expense of a trade off..

Rates for these NH jobs is not always set by me..

I too have been using the same set up for all my jobs, and it is my heavey duty set up smile

Edited by Fran Carango (05/06/14 05:08 PM)

#388665 - 05/07/14 10:51 AM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: DonM]
Tony Hughes Offline

Don,

I know you loved your Audya, I will never know why you sold it on, it does have some very nice sounds, I think you would buy another sometime Don, I have no idea what Ketron are up to to be honest but I doubt its company that can turn out another new KB out, its funny how the price is dropping, it normally means they can't shift the boxes anymore. What other manufacturers do when this happens is bring out a new one.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#388667 - 05/07/14 01:58 PM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'll bet they have something in the works. I think they are financially solid, but I really don't know. It is a very small company and they work on their own schedule!

#388668 - 05/07/14 02:09 PM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I'll bet they have something in the works. I think they are financially solid, but I really don't know. It is a very small company and they work on their own schedule!

Or they are doing the opposite and gong downward belly up...
just like technics, gem, mediastation, etc, etc, .. wont be the first time. cool2

Edited by Dnj (05/07/14 02:09 PM)

#388670 - 05/07/14 02:54 PM Re: Audya versus the S950... [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well Technics didn't go belly up. They were a subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the largest companies in the world. I think the opposite was true, they just didn't want to worry about a very small division of their company. I think they continued to support Technics instruments for quite a period of time after they shut down production.
Mediastation was a one-man company, as far as I remember. It was a good idea but was marketed before it was even close to being ready. He had good intentions but probably was way over his head from the start.
There has been this same discussion and conjecture here for years, but the truth is, nobody knows.
http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/254312/1

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online