Hi all,

Purchased a new S950 recently as I sorely missed some of those fantastic Yamaha styles. Spent all of two weeks preparing her for our next public performance.

We'll yesterday, I put her through our sound system for the first time. The vocals from the mic sounded terrible, no matter what I did. So I routed the mic through a mixer, using the effects to the amp & routing the original voice to the Yamaha's harmonizer. Turned down the volume on the Yamaha of the lead voice completely so that only the harmonies are mixed with everything else.

Well this was better, but Monica refused to continue as we sounded like amateurs (which we are off course).

So out comes the Audya & we are blown away by the quality of the sound using nothing but the Audya.

I cannot vouch for the Tyros range, but the Audya is most certainly a winner when it comes to sounding like the real thing & also AJ has no small influence to this.

I'll keep the S950. Maybe it'll fit in somewhere later. But we will only be performing live with the Audya, that's for sure!

Anyways, just my two cents on this.

Keep well all,

Henni