SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#388683 - 05/07/14 11:21 PM Score display
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Does anyone use the built-in score display on their arrangers? Yamaha, Korg, and Roland all have this feature. I personally struggle to turn the pages of longer scores without falling behind or making a mistake.

I've tried using the score display on a Yamaha PSR and concluded that the screen is a little too small for read-ahead. That's a shame because the Yammies have a slick feature where you can load a song in RAM and sync it to the arranger-based accompaniment. I know the Tyros have a bigger screen, as does the Korg Pa900.

One more question... is there a PC software that does the same thing? I've heard of the MusicPad Pro but that still required a foot pedal to advance. I'm looking for a software that scrolls through the notes and chords of a MIDI file while the song plays in real time, in a "follow the bouncing ball" visual format.

Would love to hear your collective experience with this type of electronic aid.

#388685 - 05/08/14 04:14 AM Re: Score display [Re: TedS]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have used this for the past ten years and I have found it to be better than three others I have had.

It is very flexible in make your own midi's from scratch to playing any midi and choosing lead sheet to do exactly what you described.

I am now using Composer3, but there are cheaper choices if you don't care to create and edit.

http://www.notation.com/

Bernie

#388767 - 05/09/14 12:20 PM Re: Score display [Re: Bernie9]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Thanks Bernie!
Does anyone else care to suggest an alternative, or share their experience? Does anyone actually use the built-in feature on their Yamaha or Korg?
Thanks,
Ted

#388775 - 05/09/14 03:32 PM Re: Score display [Re: TedS]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I only used it long enough to check it out and play around with it. Seems to work great on PA900, but I have very limited knowledge and use of it.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online