SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#386793 - 03/22/14 09:50 AM Whats your favorite Arranger keyboard performance
Dnj Offline

clap keys clap

#386795 - 03/22/14 09:55 AM Re: Whats your favorite Arranger keyboard performance [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Dan O'Neil opened my ears to arrangers more than any other player ... he showed their "cool" side and shattered the generation gap for me. I have used them from the beginning of their existence, but he showed me new ways to approach tunes with the arranger - thanx, Dan!

#386801 - 03/22/14 10:42 AM Re: Whats your favorite Arranger keyboard performance [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dan's a very talented individual, but the guys that opened my eyes a lot wider were UD, DNJ, Eddie Shoemaker and DonM. I got to see all of them in action, wowing their audiences, filling the dancefloors, and making the keyboard do wonderful things.

Nuff said,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#386803 - 03/22/14 11:00 AM Re: Whats your favorite Arranger keyboard performance [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
This is one of my favorites...

#386805 - 03/22/14 11:42 AM Re: Whats your favorite Arranger keyboard performance [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Dan O'Neil opened my ears to arrangers more than any other player ... he showed their "cool" side and shattered the generation gap for me. I have used them from the beginning of their existence, but he showed me new ways to approach tunes with the arranger - thanx, Dan!

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/962486?song_id=5127021

#386806 - 03/22/14 11:43 AM Re: Whats your favorite Arranger keyboard performance [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Dan's a very talented individual, but the guys that opened my eyes a lot wider were UD, DNJ, Eddie Shoemaker and DonM. I got to see all of them in action, wowing their audiences, filling the dancefloors, and making the keyboard do wonderful things.

Nuff said,Gary cool

Gary thanx for the kind words...you are a dear friend..

I love ya man!!

#386820 - 03/22/14 02:12 PM Re: Whats your favorite Arranger keyboard performance [Re: Dnj]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Ian, You're weird man. You really play arranger and entertain and you like straight ahead jazz? Especially a tune that Sonny Stitt and all the great Tenor and alto Players do. When's the last time you've seen a shrink. Hell you're as weird as I am hanging around here. What's your problem? My problem is I'm a hard head Cajun Coonass from New orleans. Where the hell are you from, Gretna, Harvey, Marrero, Westwego, Bridge City, Harahan, Kenner, Metairie. I mean what's going on here. We need to talk buddy. LOL

#386922 - 03/24/14 08:41 AM Re: Whats your favorite Arranger keyboard performance [Re: brickboo]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: brickboo
Ian, You're weird man. You really play arranger and entertain and you like straight ahead jazz? Especially a tune that Sonny Stitt and all the great Tenor and alto Players do. When's the last time you've seen a shrink. Hell you're as weird as I am hanging around here. What's your problem? My problem is I'm a hard head Cajun Coonass from New orleans. Where the hell are you from, Gretna, Harvey, Marrero, Westwego, Bridge City, Harahan, Kenner, Metairie. I mean what's going on here. We need to talk buddy. LOL

Boo, I have strange tastes when it comes to music...well, maybe not exactly "strange", but I grew up listening to a very broad range of music, from Opera to Show tunes, to jazz (and some progressive jazz) and I was luck enough to be living in an era when keyboards took on a whole new role in music, other just as a piano or organ.

I love jazz for the range of colors, and Country Music (especially the older tunes) for perfect lessons in discipline.

Playing Country for several years made me see that the spaces in the music are every bit as important as the notes.

I wish I could play jazz the way I think it...the brain often has too much info for my fingers to interpret.

As far as solo instruments, I have to say that the Sax has the sound that works with more genres than any other...from Boots Randolph to Sonny Rollins...it's like a chameleon that can blend in or stand out at will.

Ian

#386923 - 03/24/14 09:01 AM Re: Whats your favorite Arranger keyboard performance [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Ian ... thank you for that video ... the guy does some nice stuff ...

Edited by tony mads usa (03/24/14 09:03 AM)

#386928 - 03/24/14 11:48 AM Re: Whats your favorite Arranger keyboard performance [Re: Uncle Dave]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Uncle Dave - Thanks brother. Very Kind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online