SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#386657 - 03/19/14 05:01 PM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: Dave L.]
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Hi Dave,

Do you have a Walmart near you? I bought a large can of cleaner for around $1.98. HOW CHEAP IS THAT!!! What I bought is the following:

CRC QD Electronic Cleaner. It is a spray and a generous amount of 11 oz. I think it is worth a try. It certainly didn't hurt my keyboard and I have not had any problem with the key playing loud by barely touching it. It responds, touch sensitive wise just like the rest of the keys. Good luck if you decide to try it.

Mark

#386673 - 03/20/14 01:09 AM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: Dave L.]
Dave L. Offline

Hi Mark,
Yesterday I gave up on further dismantling our No 2 K7000 as to remove the offending key seemed to be a bit complicated for me.

However I was able to see [with the top cover off] exactly where the key contacts were on the end white note

So today I did buy a electrical contact spray cleaner

I raised the keyboard up high at one end and then with the thin plastic tube from the spray canister I sprayed the cleaner down in the area where I knew the contacts were on the sides of the offending middle C note---- I then lifted the keyboard up at the other end and did the same spraying down where the contacts are even though you can't see them

Left the keyboard with no power attached for a couple of hours and tonight after tea I repowered the K7 ---initialised it--- and BRAVO the touch sensitive aspect is now working correctly

Thanks Mark for your support and hope this exercize helps others that have a similar problem

----The contact of the white keys is approx half way of the black notes.------

The other No 1. KN7000 that we bought new has been mothballed as the only suggestion we have had is that the internal Flash memory is corrupt---- I couldn't even see the component in question.

With a bit of help from Technics Fans all I can say is LONG LIVE TECHNICS

The Technics Synth Zone is a big help in time of need so thanks Nigel for your enthusiasm

Thanks from Dave L. [ in New Zealand ]

#386689 - 03/20/14 08:04 AM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: Dave L.]
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Glad my suggestion worked for you, Dave. Just think, had you tried my suggestion months ago all this would be behind you. (smile) I think all you needed to do was to spray a couple of notes on both sides of the C note and the note itself and it would have saved opening up the keyboard. Good luck in ever finding out the problem and fixing it on the other keyboard.

Mark

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online