SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38630 - 04/02/03 01:46 PM Triplet Fill-In
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I've been trying to produce a Crotchet Triplet Fill-In, to be used in a normal 4/4 8 Beat style. Not having used the Easy Composer facility on either the KN6000 or KN7000, I decided to educate myself and followed the procedures in page 50, of Alec's How Do I Do That, just to get a feel for it. As Alec says in the text, there must be almost endless style variations possible, using the Easy Composer - it's quite mind boggling!
However, unless I'm missing something, or having another 'Senior moment', I can't figure out how to modify the actual pattern in the fill-ins.
Has anyone tried and been successful at producing a Triplet fill-in ?

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 04-02-2003).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#38631 - 04/03/03 12:59 AM Re: Triplet Fill-In
technicsplayer Offline

the easy composer creates styles from preset loops. If you want to create a new pattern use the composer.

Either create your fill from scratch or edit a fill close to what you need by erasing tracks or notes. Triplets are then entered, either by playing then in, or in step record at the point you want them.

For step record ignore the timing position in the display for subsequent triplets, since the dots are effectively 32nd notes, so the display will not always match the timing. However if you choose triplets as the entered notes, the resulting playback will be perfect.

#38632 - 04/03/03 05:17 AM Re: Triplet Fill-In
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Thanks Alec - I'll have a go...

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online