SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59203 - 04/03/03 06:22 AM Value for Money
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
We are often quick to criticise when things are not up to scratch but don't always give praise where it is due, but in this instance I was so impressed with something that I had to pass it on.

2 days ago I received the Easy Listening 2 Style disk from the Style Disk Warehouse and I have been playing it ever since! It is based around my favourite music book of mainly 60's-70s hits "101 Hits for Buskers, Book One" and my copy of it has been used so often it is now quite tatty.

There are 10 panel memories of Style/Sound arrangements. The "Big Band" arrangement I would call "Swingy Sinatra" - it is excellent for such songs as High Hopes, Tender Trap" and particularly "Whats New" is fantastic. The Country Quickstep is great, "Tie a Yellow Ribbon, Has Anyone Seen My Gypsy Rose". The sound registrations alone on the Gentle Latin are great, the rhythm is a bonus!

I could go on - and on but suffice to say there wasn't one style that wasn't top class. I would recommend this disk to anyone whatever their taste in music is. I several other disks from the Style Disk Warehouse stable and every one has been top class.

Joan

#59204 - 04/03/03 11:57 AM Re: Value for Money
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I totally agree Joan - I've recently bought one of these collections and it is superb.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online