SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#385126 - 02/24/14 06:45 AM Where are all The TYROS 5 People?..
Dnj Offline

Just before T5 came out there were so many people discussing it here .......as soon as it was released no more talk? Where are all these people and how are they doing with the T5 so far pro/con?
Just sayin'? confused1

#385127 - 02/24/14 06:57 AM Re: Where are all The TYROS 5 People?.. [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
They are all busy playing and posting on the various Yamaha forums.

I have had quite a few owners in contact with me regarding after sales help as well.

A friend, who lives near by, has the Tyros5-76 which I played a few weeks ago, and I must say it is beauty of a keyboard. He absolutely LOVES it and coming from a Yamaha 9000 PRo (which he still has and uses) he found the T5's 76 note FSX action to be one of the best he's ever played, and he's played and owned quite a few keyboards.

From what info I could get from dealers I am still in touch with, the Tyros5-76 and the Tyros5-61 are roughly even in sales.

I'm still totally content with my now very personalized Tyros4, but if I was needing a high quality 76'er I'd definitely get a Tyros5-76.

Ian

#385128 - 02/24/14 07:03 AM Re: Where are all The TYROS 5 People?.. [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
They are all busy playing and posting on the various Yamaha forums.

I have had quite a few owners in contact with me regarding after sales help as well.

A friend, who lives near by, has the Tyros5-76 which I played a few weeks ago, and I must say it is beauty of a keyboard. He absolutely LOVES it and coming from a Yamaha 9000 PRo (which he still has and uses) he found the T5's 76 note FSX action to be one of the best he's ever played, and he's played and owned quite a few keyboards.

From what info I could get from dealers I am still in touch with, the Tyros5-76 and the Tyros5-61 are roughly even in sales.

I'm still totally content with my now very personalized Tyros4, but if I was needing a high quality 76'er I'd definitely get a Tyros5-76.

Ian

Thats good news Ian....

I hope we get some feed back here on SZ from some T5 owners first hand also and some demos too if possible. The dropoff chit chat "after release" is actually a bit demure excluding excitement. confused1

also I didnt see many T5 songs listed here .....

http://psrtutorial.com/song/mp3Index.html

Edited by Dnj (02/24/14 07:06 AM)

#385129 - 02/24/14 07:25 AM Re: Where are all The TYROS 5 People?.. [Re: Dnj]
billyhank Offline

The T5 chit chat has calmed down on the PSRTUTORIAL Forum too.

It's always like this - Once folks figure out how to use the thing, the songs will come.

#385130 - 02/24/14 07:45 AM Re: Where are all The TYROS 5 People?.. [Re: billyhank]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: billyhank
The T5 chit chat has calmed down on the PSRTUTORIAL Forum too.

It's always like this - Once folks figure out how to use the thing, the songs will come.

Does gear have to be "Pre NEW" to be exciting to talk about? confused1.......What I'm excited about is that I have a S950 Arranger Kb for over ONE YEAR this month yay!! dance2 A real milestone for me clap that tells you something about this great sounding instrument. Yes, I've been temped many times but stuck to my guns baby! keys
After hundreds of gigs I think I made a very good profitable investment with this unit.

Edited by Dnj (02/24/14 07:45 AM)

#385137 - 02/24/14 09:35 AM Re: Where are all The TYROS 5 People?.. [Re: Dnj]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... so let's get the songs posted ... keys

... as soon as you get rid of the flu, of course ... BTW - did you get a flu shot ?!? ...

#385139 - 02/24/14 09:46 AM Re: Where are all The TYROS 5 People?.. [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I think the excitement always dies down a bit after the initial rush for any new arranger.

It was much the same after Tyros3 and Tyros4, and PSR S910 and S950.

Korg and Roland have also had similar experiences, although I am still surprised at the lack of interest in the BK-9, which appears to be, for all purposes, a great little lightweight 76'er.

I believe all companies have been making exceptionally powerful and great sounding instruments, especially in the last five years or so, and it's basically down to personal choice on what works best and sounds most satisfactory to the user.

Ian

PS...congrats on your anniversary with the S950, Donny.

#385142 - 02/24/14 10:53 AM Re: Where are all The TYROS 5 People?.. [Re: ianmcnll]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Where are we all? Busy playing our Tyros 5's! :-)

I'm busy transferring all my registrations and related "stuff" from my T3 to my T5. (I finally am ready to sell my T3). Since most of the questions about new features etc. are now answered, I'm guessing that's one reason postings have decreased.

I didn't write an overall review since there were SO many out there already. And for demos, it seems like there are TONS of those out there already too. I'm curious, do people want more demos (videos etc.) of various people playing their T5s? If so I could make some - I kind of thought that there were SO many out there, didn't know if people wanted more still? [I'd be glad to do some once I get this 'programming' phase behind me!]

Jim

#385149 - 02/24/14 12:23 PM Re: Where are all The TYROS 5 People?.. [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
... so let's get the songs posted ... keys

... as soon as you get rid of the flu, of course ... BTW - did you get a flu shot ?!? ...

Flu shot I got in October....
and still I contracted the flu in Feb go figure..

#385153 - 02/24/14 01:08 PM Re: Where are all The TYROS 5 People?.. [Re: Dnj]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... probably a different strain of flu ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online