SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#384920 - 02/21/14 06:37 AM Ketron for music messe
Bachus Offline

I got some nice info from Italy, it seems that the audio style technology was brought to Ketron by a former Gem employee..

There seems to be more technology coming from that source in the next Ketron keyboard.. There will be virtual instrument technology to compete with SA, super natural and DNC technology.. Info says this will be based on advanced version of the Drake technology..

This sounds promising, because one of the weak points of the Audya was their solo sounds..

And according to my source, this would not even be the biggest new sensational feature.. We will know more after the Music Messe..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#384921 - 02/21/14 06:39 AM Re: Ketron for music messe [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (02/21/14 06:40 AM)

#384923 - 02/21/14 07:58 AM Re: Ketron for music messe [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Drake Technology here

How it interacts with GEM here

Be interesting to see who actually owns the Drake Technology, as Ketron may have to buy a licence to use it. (Speculation)

Bill

#384928 - 02/21/14 08:54 AM Re: Ketron for music messe [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

IMO this technology was used in the GEM RP-X piano module. Something similar to the physical modeling algorithm of the Roland SuperNatural tones. The RP-X only needed little sample data, because the dynamic changes of the timbre from piano to forte were calculated mathematically.

BTW, Ketron appears not to be present at Musikmesse, it is not listed as an exhibitor.

#385071 - 02/23/14 11:47 AM Re: Ketron for music messe [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Ketron seems to be listed for Musikmesse now. I've got the impression most exhibitors are a bit slow this time as Musikmesse is very early this year, quite shortly after NAMM.

#385255 - 02/25/14 09:52 AM Re: Ketron for music messe [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Ketron seems to be listed for Musikmesse now. I've got the impression most exhibitors are a bit slow this time as Musikmesse is very early this year, quite shortly after NAMM.

And they will probably be pushing the new stuff on their website at the same time...

The drake engine is indeed a mix of samples and virtualisation technollogy and effects section .... Its an advanced answer to sa, dnc with rolands super natural technollogy comming close..

Tough my source of previous GEM engineering says their algorythms are much deeper, and technollogy is finally fast enough to let it bloom... There is a full synthesizer section that allows incredible freedom to edit the sounds...

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online