Topic Options
#385045 - 02/23/14 09:23 AM Just to keep Donny quiet about WW2 songs
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Sorry Donny but it was the best I could do under pressure LOL

https://app.box.com/s/ybr9t7khviakzkg1actf

Please excuse the English accent HAH

Col

#385058 - 02/23/14 10:15 AM Re: Just to keep Donny quiet about WW2 songs [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Sorry Donny but it was the best I could do under pressure LOL

https://app.box.com/s/ybr9t7khviakzkg1actf

Please excuse the English accent HAH

Col

Col...great Vera Lynn tune brings back memories of a time when the whole world listened to the same music...

may I make a small suggestion...I don't know if you are multitracking on this song but in the future be aware of your Vocal Volume / Music ratio. it seems to be over powering in this mix. If you record music on two stereo tracks first then go back and record your vocals on separate tracks you can afterwards adjust gain, eq, fx, etc,...to make it more balanced,.....just a suggestion. Otherwise please continue with your great offerings love listening! headphone

Edited by Dnj (02/23/14 10:22 AM)

#385061 - 02/23/14 10:31 AM Re: Just to keep Donny quiet about WW2 songs [Re: Dnj]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Donny

I record lead vocal 2 mono tracks, harmony 2 mono tracks, drums stereo, keyboard stereo, 8 tracks in all and in this case very quickly. I'll finish off the mix when I get a few minutes spare.

I afraid I don't do over dubs all my songs are recorded at one hit. I'm more comfortable doing it that way.

Col

Edited by Saswick (02/23/14 10:44 AM)

#385063 - 02/23/14 10:42 AM Re: Just to keep Donny quiet about WW2 songs [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Hi Donny

I record lead vocal 2 mono tracks, harmony 2 mono tracks, drums stereo, keyboard stereo, 8 tracks in all and in this case very quickly. I'll finish off the mix when I get a few minutes spare.

Col

ok Col.....sounds like with your recording process its more then capable to mix down tracks.to a master......Thanx

#385064 - 02/23/14 10:48 AM Re: Just to keep Donny quiet about WW2 songs [Re: Saswick]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Col, it's ironic that you posted this WWII song, which you did an absolutely fabulous job with, BTW.

Last night I had to do songs from the WWII era, including all 5 military hymns, and lots of other period tunes.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#385075 - 02/23/14 01:55 PM Re: Just to keep Donny quiet about WW2 songs [Re: Saswick]
rosetree
Unregistered

Speaking about march music, the Korg M3XP had great sounds for this in its brass & woodwinds expansion(listen to the first bit, I recorded this quick demo with my former M3 last year). I still miss the M3XP for such sounds.

Attachments
13e-M3Ex12-Combinations-kurz.mp3 (49 downloads)

#385091 - 02/23/14 05:34 PM Re: Just to keep Donny quiet about WW2 songs [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Speaking about march music, the Korg M3XP had great sounds for this in its brass & woodwinds expansion(listen to the first bit, I recorded this quick demo with my former M3 last year). I still miss the M3XP for such sounds.

Very Nice.....thanx for sharing your work.. clap headphone

#385100 - 02/23/14 08:38 PM Re: Just to keep Donny quiet about WW2 songs [Re: travlin'easy]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Last night I had to do songs from the WWII era, ......and lots of other period tunes.

Gary.......those songs are what keeps my sanity. When the "present environnment" starts to get to me, I put on the headphones and listen to my mp3 WWII British songs (I recorded my whole collection onto my hard drive).

Another great song I discovered only recently was Long Ago And Far Away. I never heard that song before until I heard Gene Kelly singing it to Rita Hayworth in the film Cover Girl (and, of course, the graceful dancing in between).

Every one of those songs would make it on it's own as either just a melodic piece of music or as simply written "poetry" with NO music. Together (words AND music) it's a knockout punch!

Mark

BTW...I'm not able to listen to Colin's version (I have dial-up) but, I have to say, Bob Hughes (in another group) did a great cover of We'll Meet Again....one of my favorites (and the White Cliffs of Dover).

We did those songs in the English pubs night after night and I really miss playing them.

Colin......sock it to Donny with....Maybe It's Because I'm A Londoner!!!!

LONDON DOLLY BIRDS HAVING A BAD DAY!!!!

#385121 - 02/24/14 05:55 AM Re: Just to keep Donny quiet about WW2 songs [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Oh my, I have hundreds of these songs. The songs from the late 1930s and all of 1940s are all in my daily gigs and the folks just love them.

Good job Col.

Deane

#385131 - 02/24/14 07:51 AM Re: Just to keep Donny quiet about WW2 songs [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Col.....I'm just getting over a bad flu, feeling much better now after 2 weeks of suffering, sniffling, coughing etc.....
I love these WWII era songs and if I get the chance will record a medley of them that I always perform for you in a week or so when my voice is up to par again ok?

Attachments
big-band-post-ww2_front.jpg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online