SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#384262 - 02/10/14 10:32 AM YOUR THOUGHTS, PLEASE
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
I can't believe I am asking this question because I should know the answer. When I load live performance (pianist mode) from my SD card, I have to make sure that the sustain pedal control is on in the keyboard. I have gone into FOOT CONTROL and made sure it is set to Sustain. I make sure to SET the PANEL MEMORIES. I have even gone into SOUND and in the PART SETTING, made sure that GLIDE PEDAL, SUSTAIN PEDAL is on when I set the PANEL MEMORY. This always loads correctly PROVIDING that I don't load a sequenced song that I have used the GLIDE PEDAL in PANEL MEMORIES. If I later load the live playing Pianist Mode, the Sustain pedal is not working. I have to go in and reset the Sustain Pedal. Am I doing something wrong that won't hold the Sustain Pedal when playing? PANEL MEMORY MODE is set to EXPAND and all FILTER TYPES on page 2 are set to ON. I do have two single pedals connected to the KN7000 but only use the one. When doing the settings for Pianist Mode, I always make sure that both are on Sustain. One would think that these settings would stay with setting the panel memories.

#384316 - 02/10/14 11:17 PM Re: YOUR THOUGHTS, PLEASE [Re: kitkat]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi,

what is your setting in "Customize - DATA PROTECTION"?
What is the setting in "Program Menus - Midi-CONTROL MESSAGES"?
What is the setting in Program Menus - Control - FOOT CONTROLLER "?

#384344 - 02/11/14 08:13 AM Re: YOUR THOUGHTS, PLEASE [Re: HarryG]
kitkat Offline

Hi Harry,

Customize - DATA PROTECTION: FOOT CONTROLLER SETTINGS - ON
All other settings are OFF but PANEL MEMORY EXP. FILTER - ON

Since I do not use MIDI I didn't bother checking for that shouldn't have anything to do with the sequencer work I do. I do all my own styles and playing.

FOOT CONTROLLER, I have to set manually each time after playing one of my sequenced songs that I have used GLIDE. Bringing up live performance using PIANIST MODE, this is when it is still in GLIDE and I have to go in and change FOOT SWITCH 1 & 2 to SUSTAIN. I have two single foot pedals that are hooked up but only use on. I change both to make sure.

Here is a thought: Should CUSTOM PANEL MODE be set to ALL PANEL? It is set to PANEL MEMORY.

Mark

#384367 - 02/11/14 12:13 PM Re: YOUR THOUGHTS, PLEASE [Re: kitkat]
HarryG Offline

Hello Mark,

there were still two ways to save your settings.

1 Location, on your key, R1, R2, Left with sounds, effects
etc.
Now "button SET button and hold it and then press" Click
the Custom Panel ".
Your settings are stored permanently, page 67 of the Manual.

2 Do your settings from a "Preset" on page 194 of the User
manual.

#384443 - 02/12/14 09:04 AM Re: YOUR THOUGHTS, PLEASE [Re: HarryG]
kitkat Offline

Thanks, Harry. It worked!!! The first way is what I used, which is the Custom Panel setting. Your second setting (page 194) pertains to Midi settings, which I don't use.

Thanks, again -

Mark

#384445 - 02/12/14 09:50 AM Re: YOUR THOUGHTS, PLEASE [Re: kitkat]
HarryG Offline

Hello Mark,

OK!

My English is not good.
It is therefore difficult to recognize the meaning of the question.
Just as difficult is it to give an intelligible answer.
I hope with my experience to contribute to the solution of problems.
At the moment in Germany is carnival time! I am often with the keyboard on the go.
In three weeks, we discuss the topic: USER KIT, DRUM EDIT.

greeting
HarryG

#384454 - 02/12/14 04:50 PM Re: YOUR THOUGHTS, PLEASE [Re: HarryG]
kitkat Offline

Hi Harry,

YOUR ENGLISH IS FINE!!! One thing that I do question and that is WHY doesn't all the settings hold when saving to the SD card? It seems that if I SET a PANEL MEMORY setting and it is saved, it should apply to ALL SETTINGS. In this case, it doesn't with the FOOT CONTROLLER settings. Everything else loads correctly when saved.

Mark

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online