SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#382973 - 01/29/14 12:59 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: musicforyourday]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Definitely a generational thing... very little off the charts these days you can play on mainstream TV without a lot of bleeping out. But that's our Mrs Grundy country for you, I guess. Go onto any kindergarten play yard nowadays, it's bleepfest! And don't get me started about high school...

If we can't be bothered to teach our kids to not swear, why shouldn't we hear it on TV? We all got cable, don't we? LOL

The Grammy's are very much like the Oscars... If you were a lighting technician, you are probably PO'd that you didn't get to see the industry's best get the award for Best Lighting. But if you were simply a movie goer, you'd fall asleep while those awards were presented. The Grammy's TV show is presented for Middle America to watch, not musicians!

#382987 - 01/29/14 01:24 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: Diki]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Again, Diki nailed it. AH, the power of the media....the significance of ratings!

R.

#382992 - 01/29/14 01:44 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: musicforyourday]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I ditched my TV and cable provider well over 10 years ago...kept the TV for my Playstation2 and watching DVD's.

Not watching TV gave me back several hours a day for more useful things, especially playing music.

My PC/Internet provides enough entertainment and information for me.

I'm also a fan of Audio Books and have "read" many terrific books I never had the patience to actually read. Burned them to CDs for long drives in the car, and it sure made road trips a lot more palatable.

Not having a TV doesn't work for everybody, but it sure works for me.

Ian

#382997 - 01/29/14 01:55 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

#383001 - 01/29/14 02:08 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: musicforyourday]
Diki Offline

Still rocking the PS2, Ian? Maybe now the PS4 is out, PS3's at good used prices will be in your future... (get a slimline 160GB rather than the old fat ones)

GT6 on the PS3 ROCKS! Best driving and racing sim ever (short of some specialized PC sims)!

Time to join the 21st century, you gamer you!

#383005 - 01/29/14 02:25 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki
Still rocking the PS2, Ian? Maybe now the PS4 is out, PS3's at good used prices will be in your future... (get a slimline 160GB rather than the old fat ones)

GT6 on the PS3 ROCKS! Best driving and racing sim ever (short of some specialized PC sims)!

Time to join the 21st century, you gamer you!

I'm really happy with the PS2 and GT4...the new games are definitely flashier, especially graphics-wise, but they have lost some of what made the earlier games so great.

Go on GT Planet and be surprised at how many have gone back to GT4.

There was nothing else (other game types) I was interested in enough to get the new platform.

I still have my Logitech G-25 wheel/pedals/stickshift/flappy paddles and that really makes it a lot more fun.

A few of us in the complex are battling for best time on Nürburgring using the same stock street car and real-life road tires.

It's more than a hoot.

I'm still happy in Century 20...ha ha!

Ian

PS...I even have a spare PS2 still in the box. I'm prepared!

#383015 - 01/29/14 03:24 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: musicforyourday]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
I love looking at fantastic chicks like the best of them. But i'm tired of seeing too much body instead of fantastic music now. Credit to Katie at least she has also recognised this as well.

Please girls dont try to cover poor songs with half naked appearances. These style makers are leading us down a path of poor music sells if the chicks are naked

#383016 - 01/29/14 03:27 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: musicforyourday]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I agree.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#383038 - 01/29/14 07:51 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: musicforyourday]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My kids don't swear. Fran's kids don't. Fran doesn't either. Kids can be taught, and it ain't gonna happen if all they see on TV is the ignorant side of their language. It's not pop culture, it's lazy writing.

#383062 - 01/30/14 12:28 AM Re: The Grameys [Re: musicforyourday]
Diki Offline

You THINK they don't swear! But what they do when they are with their peers might shock you!

And c'mon! You think Elvis would have been as big if his hips didn't gyrate, and he stood there like a stiff? Sex has ALWAYS sold...

Thank God! If I wasn't so sexy, I might have to do NH gigs, LOL surprised

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online