SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#383321 - 01/31/14 11:40 PM just great trumpet playing!!!
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I’m heavy into playing/listening to Latin music also. I’ve had this song in my Simply Ballroom CD collection for years now and only ever had just the song title. I recently discovered it on Youtube...

JOE CAIN - LISTEN DOS TROMPETAS

The trumpet playing in this song is phenomenal! I think the song itself is great but that horn player…incredible! Creative, uninhibited, original, musical, and....he plays from the heart. There are players and there are “players!” Whether you like Latin music or not, you’ve got to admit this guy is good.

Every so often I try to do what he’s doing on my PA3x, but you’ll never get a simple trumpet patch to sound like that no matter how much pitch bend, etc you use. Those trumpet dynamics can only be done by a real player.

P.S. next to the piano, the trumpet is my favorite instrument! I sometimes wonder where "instrument simulation" will be, say, 50-100 years from now. I guess I'll just have to bide my time until then!

Almost forgot......does anyone know how to put rhythms like this together on an arranger drum track.

And especially like this:

Joe Cain & his Orchestra - It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Mambo

I've watched (in person) the percussion section players of Latin bands quite a few times and, although I can see what each person is doing individually, it doesn't come together collectively in my head.

Been through all the Latin drum books at Sam Ash...can't seem to find anything on it.

Anyone?

Edited by Mark79100 (02/01/14 12:41 AM)

#383336 - 02/01/14 07:24 AM Re: just great trumpet playing!!! [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

clap headphone keys

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online