SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#382898 - 01/28/14 06:16 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: DMAC]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DMAC
Probably the best Grammy show that I've seen in a while ! Great Production, Engineering,,,,,ARTISTS,,,,Great show. Anyone know of anyone hear in the show or part of it?

Anything in particular that stood out for you? confused1

#382899 - 01/28/14 06:33 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: DMAC]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Probably the best Grammy show that I've seen in a while ! Great Production, Engineering,,,,,ARTISTS,,,,Great show. Anyone know of anyone hear in the show or part of it?

You're kidding, right? Aside from lights and pyrotechnics ... there were messed up lyrics, incorrect names, vocal passages missed, geeze - the first number wasn't even able to be played without censorship on the network. This is music's biggest night? Very forgettable performances by too many ... including some of my heros of long ago. Chicago's vocals are so weak, they hired Robin Thick to carry the load? Ringo sits in as a token bandmate, while the real drummer play in the dark? C'mon ... Production value aside ... the performances to be proud of were John Legend, Sarah Bariellis & Carole (musical GODESS) ... not much else was worthy of my time. Glad I DVR'd it so I could skip through.

I suspect that age differences will make some of us disagree, but as a lifelong musician ... I'm embarrassed by most of the Grammys. Too much Hollywood and not nearly enough heart. Sure, there were great moments ... but only snippets, really. The industry is in trouble if that was our shining achievement for the year.

#382900 - 01/28/14 06:45 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: Uncle Dave]
DMAC Offline

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave

You're kidding, right? Aside from lights and pyrotechnics ... there were messed up lyrics, incorrect names, vocal passages missed, geeze - the first number wasn't even able to be played without censorship on the network. This is music's biggest night? Very forgettable performances by too many ... including some of my heros of long ago. Chicago's vocals are so weak, they hired Robin Thick to carry the load? Ringo sits in as a token bandmate, while the real drummer play in the dark? C'mon ... Production value aside ... the performances to be proud of were John Legend, Sarah Bariellis & Carole (musical GODESS) ... not much else was worthy of my time. Glad I DVR'd it so I could skip through.

I suspect that age differences will make some of us disagree, but as a lifelong musician ... I'm embarrassed by most of the Grammys. Too much Hollywood and not nearly enough heart. Sure, there were great moments ... but only snippets, really. The industry is in trouble if that was our shining achievement for the year.

#382901 - 01/28/14 06:49 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: DMAC]
DMAC Offline

Well,,, I must have missed everything you saw,,,,,,,What I saw was a great show !!!!

#382902 - 01/28/14 06:58 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: DMAC]
Dnj Offline

I agree totally with Dave on this one..I knew right off the bat with that opening beyonce thing that we were in for a rough ride..not to mention how they completely IGNORED so many other great genres of music without a mention.
Best part for me was the tribute to artists that have passed, at least that showed some respect for the music industry.

#382903 - 01/28/14 07:11 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: Dnj]
DMAC Offline

Sorry, I don't think it works that way,, they don't ignore some great genres,,,,, watch the show,,,,,,,,,,,,they covered everything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ligth'n up!!!!

#382904 - 01/28/14 07:39 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: DMAC]
Dnj Offline

Sorry, I don't think it works that way,, they don't ignore some great genres,,,,, watch the show,,,,,,,,,,,,they covered everything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ligth'n up!!!!

well let's see...I didn't see the likes of Tony Bennett,
Michael Buble, TAMELA MANN, Gov't Mule, etc, etc, ... confused1 just sayin

#382931 - 01/29/14 08:32 AM Re: The Grameys [Re: Uncle Dave]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
total agreement with you Dave.

#382969 - 01/29/14 12:51 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Diki... you misunderstood what I said ... I think it is a really good tune and I don't think anyone could stand still while listening to it, meaning you have to move to that rhythm ... and I think the EWF band is great also ...

My mistake, Tony... sorry.

I will read slower in future!

#382971 - 01/29/14 12:56 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: Diki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... no harm , no foul ... wink just wanted you to know that even though I am 'old' I can appreciate some of the better 'new' music ... rocker

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online