SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#382724 - 01/27/14 10:55 AM Re: The Grameys [Re: musicforyourday]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I watched the Mavericks whup the Pistons and the Heat destroy the Spurs!

#382735 - 01/27/14 11:34 AM Re: The Grameys [Re: DonM]
billyhank Offline

I watched Fight Night at The Forum - tonight I'm going to turn on the TV instead. ;-)

#382739 - 01/27/14 12:17 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: billyhank]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
The best part about a DVR is fast forwarding through the stuff I don't want to see or hear ...
That said, here is my 2 cents worth:
I don't know how anyone could stand still listening to "Get Lucky" ...
I think Bruno Mars is cool and so is his music ...
Taylor Swift's looks are maturing (maybe not so her music), but what was with that 'head waving' ??? - thought she was going to give herself whiplash ...
After watching Don's video post of "The Highwaymen" last week, the bit with Willie, Kris et al was an embarassment ... Blake Shelton must have been wondering who he pi$$ed off to be put there ?!? ...
Don't know if it was Kris or Merle, but one of them kept forgetting to sing when they were supposed to and it seemed like Willie and others were trying to cover it up ... confused1
'Pink' could easily make it with Cirque Du Soliel if the records don't sell ...
Ringo was fun ... dance2

CONGRATS to the music teachers of the world !!!

On another note, there will be a couple of Beatles tributes over the next 2 weeks ... guitar guitar drums guitar

#382773 - 01/27/14 07:10 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: musicforyourday]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
If you liked Chic back in the disco days, Nile Rodgers, the guitarist (and co-founder along with Bernard Edwards, the bass player) is all over that Daft Punk hit, giving it much of the disco vibe from the 70's that propelled it into a world-wide smash.

Watch it pack the floor when you play it (probably best to stick to the CD!), and then decide if you or they know a hit when they hear one! To me, it sounds like what EWF would sound like if they were a bit more contemporary... The vocals in some sections remind me of 'Fantasy' a bit.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I'm very glad most of the world didn't agree with you on this one, Tony!

#382774 - 01/27/14 07:24 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: tony mads usa]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
The best part about a DVR is fast forwarding through the stuff I don't want to see or hear ...
That said, here is my 2 cents worth:
I don't know how anyone could stand still listening to "Get Lucky" ...
I think Bruno Mars is cool and so is his music ...
Taylor Swift's looks are maturing (maybe not so her music), but what was with that 'head waving' ??? - thought she was going to give herself whiplash ...
After watching Don's video post of "The Highwaymen" last week, the bit with Willie, Kris et al was an embarassment ... Blake Shelton must have been wondering who he pi$$ed off to be put there ?!? ...
Don't know if it was Kris or Merle, but one of them kept forgetting to sing when they were supposed to and it seemed like Willie and others were trying to cover it up ... confused1
'Pink' could easily make it with Cirque Du Soliel if the records don't sell ...
Ringo was fun ... dance2

Tony .... EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS....except for Ringo. Not a big Ringo fan...and did you notice there was another drummer with a full set to Ringo's right. It looked like Ringo was pretty much vamping while the fella out of the spotlight was doing the real drumming.
When I saw Pink I thought "Am I watching the Grammy's or the Olympics.
DVR, Tivo...the only way to watch the Grammy's.
Eddie

#382783 - 01/27/14 08:39 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: btweengigs]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Diki... you misunderstood what I said ... I think it is a really good tune and I don't think anyone could stand still while listening to it, meaning you have to move to that rhythm ... and I think the EWF band is great also ...

#382784 - 01/27/14 08:53 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: tony mads usa]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Draft punk could not even be in the same room as earth wind and fire no chance EWF would blow the away any day .

#382825 - 01/28/14 07:40 AM Re: The Grameys [Re: musicforyourday]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
So whats with Bang Bang banging on a piano with Metallica ?? Waste of a good piano. And talk about waste of a piano what's with Taylor Swifts spasms ?
Ringo "not really playing " and Pauls real drummer in the dark. BTW is it true that the Beatles used to redo some of Ringos's tracks when he wasn't around ???? LOL
I also think Paul's new song is terrible and no I can't write a better one.
And what up with Sean Lennon, sitting next to Yoko and looking Exactly like His father back in the day with the beard and hat--- Weird.
How much was Pink singing or was she trying out for the Circus ?
I can't even mention Kris Kristoffersons embarassing apperance.
Ozzie is Ozzie, he can f*** it up and get away with it.

All in all it had some good moments but I'm just getting too old to care about most of it. I kept flipping channels too. Missed the one thing I wanted to see Carole King.

#382854 - 01/28/14 01:30 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
So whats with Bang Bang banging on a piano with Metallica ?? Waste of a good piano. And talk about waste of a piano what's with Taylor Swifts spasms ?
Ringo "not really playing " and Pauls real drummer in the dark. BTW is it true that the Beatles used to redo some of Ringos's tracks when he wasn't around ???? LOL
I also think Paul's new song is terrible and no I can't write a better one.
And what up with Sean Lennon, sitting next to Yoko and looking Exactly like His father back in the day with the beard and hat--- Weird.
How much was Pink singing or was she trying out for the Circus ?
I can't even mention Kris Kristoffersons embarassing apperance.
Ozzie is Ozzie, he can f*** it up and get away with it.

All in all it had some good moments but I'm just getting too old to care about most of it. I kept flipping channels too. Missed the one thing I wanted to see Carole King.

No body cares what people think when your a Platinum selling artist multi millionaire.. wink

#382897 - 01/28/14 06:15 PM Re: The Grameys [Re: musicforyourday]
DMAC Offline

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Probably the best Grammy show that I've seen in a while ! Great Production, Engineering,,,,,ARTISTS,,,,Great show. Anyone know of anyone hear in the show or part of it?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online