SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 18 of 52 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 51 52 >
Topic Options
#382236 - 01/22/14 05:42 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Gary - I absolutely love the changes! Mmmmm ... smell that snow - beautiful! Me and my school kiddies have 2 unexpected days off to play in it, and recharge our youthful batteries before we get down to work again. You could never appreciate the majesty of spring if it didn't follow winter! Say hello to my parents next time you run away to the south ... they're snow-birds and I won't see them till April!
As for me and my house .... we shall play in the snow.
smile

Oh baby we are all here making home made pancakes with Vermont maple syrup and sausages YUMMMY!!! Gonna watch movies,
play music, There is a calmness after the storm that cant be explained cool2 ...sun is out bright as ever and it looks magical......4 seasons for me!! Yeah!!

Attachments
smiley-face-snow_~42-19627532.jpg

#382240 - 01/22/14 06:20 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

confused2

Attachments
1620462_10152196958618352_1653836057_n.jpg

#382243 - 01/22/14 06:42 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It's 4 degrees outside, I'm putting on my insulated coveralls with a hood, and headed out to clear 300 feet of driveway. Just talked with the AD for today's job and told her I wouldn't be able to get the driveway cleared in time to make the 1 p.m. job. Rebooked for next week. Donny, either you and Dave have pretty short driveways and sidewalks to clear, or you have someone else doing the clearing for you. wink If Nancy clears sidewalks and driveways, tell her I'll marry her and take her on summer cruises down the bay in my sailboat. wink wink wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#382244 - 01/22/14 06:44 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
It's 4 degrees outside, I'm putting on my insulated coveralls with a hood, and headed out to clear 300 feet of driveway. Just talked with the AD for today's job and told her I wouldn't be able to get the driveway cleared in time to make the 1 p.m. job. Rebooked for next week. Donny, either you and Dave have pretty short driveways and sidewalks to clear, or you have someone else doing the clearing for you. wink If Nancy clears sidewalks and driveways, tell her I'll marry her and take her on summer cruises down the bay in my sailboat. wink wink wink

Gary cool

not me snow removal is included here, driveways too.....
be safe Gary out there. take a few pics also for us..

#382245 - 01/22/14 07:14 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The snow-plow was by early this morning pushing the 20cm of "global warming" off the parking lot.

Ian

#382246 - 01/22/14 07:28 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Just came back in - it's so cold the snow blower wouldn't start, so I had to bring it into the basement to defrost enough for the gasoline to vaporize in the carburetor. I shoveled the sidewalk, the snow was about a foot deep there, but at 4 degrees with the wind kicking along at 20 mph, the wind chill index is -14 degrees f. After about 30 minutes of shoveling, I made it to the cars, that was enough for this old man until I can get the snow blower started. I called a snow removal service I found in the newspapers, the guy said he might be able to get here my late afternoon or tomorrow morning, and the charge to do just the driveway, which will probably take him about three minutes, is $100. I told him I'll call him back - NOT! By noon the temperature is supposed to get up to 12 degrees, and by then the snow blower should be warm enough to start. (fingers crossed)

Gary cool

#382247 - 01/22/14 07:44 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
It was that cold here yesterday, I saw several guys pushing a bungalow down the street...tryin' to jump start the oil furnace.

Buddy down the road from me, said it was that cold in the house last week after the power went off, that the flame on the candle froze and they couldn't blow it out.

He threw it out the window, and the next day, when it got warmer, the candle flame thawed out and set the field on fire.

Thank goodness for global warming!

#382249 - 01/22/14 08:45 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
124 Offline

LOL! Cape humour at its finest, Ian!

#382250 - 01/22/14 08:54 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny ... that is a LOT of snow !!!
Got up this morning, the road was plowed, my plow guy had plowed the driveway, I just had to clear the snow of the vehicles and shovel the walk ...
We did get lucky in that our area only got about 6 inches ...

Gary ... I love ya man, but you are one of the most headstrong (hard-headed??? wink ) people I know ... grin
Did you really expect a plow guy who has probably been up all night servicing his REGULAR customers to run to clear your drive way ??? ... and if he could clear 300 ft of foot high snow -not counting drifts - in 3 minutes I would LOVE to see his equipment in operation ... grin
And $100 ?!? ... supply and demand my friend ... my driveway is 85 ft and level to the street and I pay $35 (it is well worth it ... I will find better ways to spend my time and energy) ... knowing your driveway, I would think $100 on short notice isn't bad with that much snow, - what is it one gig?
... do yourself a favor while you are waiting for the snow blower to defrost ... call a number of snow removal places and see if you can get a decent price for FUTURE snow falls ... TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF !!!
Sell that snow blower and buy yourself a back up 950 keys grin
"I'm going to wait for the snow blower to defrost so I can clear the driveway" ... what's wrong with THAT statement ???
dancers

rocker

#382257 - 01/22/14 10:51 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

The snow blower defrosted, the temperature outside is 12, winds slowed to 10, not much drifting, did the driveway in 2-1/2 hours. Tony, the guy I talked with came by when I was just finishing up, he has a small dump truck, with an 8-foot blade on the front of it and everything is hydraulic. I asked about getting on his schedule and if I would get a price break for that, to which he said "Not this year, and if you're over 65 I give a 10 percent discount. I gave him my card, he said he would get back to me next summer when he lines up his 2015 schedule. Now I'm trying to convince Carol that we should be spending the 2015 winter in Marathon Key, Florida - but I don't think she'll go for it.

Gary cool

Page 18 of 52 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 51 52 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online