Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#381610 - 01/16/14 06:39 PM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By: Dnj
there is no way around it the Drums are disconnected from the style

I disagree Donny ... you may not like them, but I got great response from them. The deal is this: They sound very different from the existing styles and it takes some getting used to. I actually think they are the part I miss most about the 950. They are simple and effective. I shut the guitar part off in the swing style and I could play all night on that feel. Plenty of room for me to put in the kinds of changes that make me happy. I love the ride cym.

The swing/jazz audio drum styles, CoolJazzClub, and UpTempoSwing are killers. I had to drag my buddy away from the T5 to get some work done...he was totally freaking out on them...he was mainly a country player, but is also a very capable jazz player as well, and it was a real hoot hearing him wail away. You are so right about that ride cymbal.

Other related Tyros5 audio drum style standouts for me were the AcousticBlues and BluesShuffle which are, again, different than the MIDI drum styles, but not that different that they made the midi drum styles any less authoritative.

Ian

#381611 - 01/16/14 06:49 PM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Ian ... can you or anyone else post a demo of those styles?
I would just like to compare them with some of the Pa900 styles ...
although Dave has probably done that already ...
thank you

#381612 - 01/16/14 06:58 PM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: DannyUK]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi Tony...I won't be seeing my friend Johnny again for over a month...he and his wife are soon off for a few weeks in Las Vegas to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary, and then going out west to visit one of their daughters.

Maybe someone else here with a Tyros5 could treat us to a demo?

Ian

#381613 - 01/16/14 07:00 PM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: DannyUK]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I wish I recorded something with the Yamaha styles before I pushed it off on poor Donny.
wink
They really sounded good to me, but I just hated the feel of playing the thing. I'm so much more at ease with my PA900 now. If Tyros ever made a smaller, AUDIBLE keyboard ... I'd give it a serious listen. I did have the original T1 years ago .... but needed the speakers. (duh)

#381616 - 01/16/14 07:06 PM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Dave ... how did they compare to some of the jazz styles on the 900?

#381619 - 01/16/14 07:24 PM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: DannyUK]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, Here's one I posted a few months ago when I first got the S-950. Bring Me Sunshine

I recorded it on the Zoom H2 because you cannot record the audio files directly on the keyboard's onboard audio recorder.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#381625 - 01/16/14 09:24 PM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Sounds good Gar ... what style was that ...

#381634 - 01/17/14 04:55 AM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Tony, Here's one I posted a few months ago when I first got the S-950. Bring Me Sunshine

I recorded it on the Zoom H2 because you cannot record the audio files directly on the keyboard's onboard audio recorder.

Gary cool

Gary I love ya this is a perfect example of why I dislike these audio styles thanx for posting this...if anyone thinks this audio style drum kit sounds good I don't know what to say to you as I said all I want regarding the disconnection of the audio drums ratio to the style especially at around 1:22 when the next variation kicks in they sound so thin also...... frown

Edited by Dnj (01/17/14 05:06 AM)

#381636 - 01/17/14 05:31 AM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Gary cool

Gary I love ya this is a perfect example of why I dislike these audio styles thanx for posting this...if anyone thinks this audio style drum kit sounds good I don't know what to say to you as I said all I want regarding the disconnection of the audio drums ratio to the style especially at around 1:22 when the next variation kicks in they sound so thin also, heck but what do I know? wink ...... frown

#381637 - 01/17/14 05:33 AM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
The thing I notice most about them is, the drums seem to come from one room, everything else is playing in another.

That's just not how it works, live... Mind you, there's many a singer that wishes that WAS the case, LOL

Diki.......you nailed it in a nut shell BIG TIME!!
I have to agree 150% what is it everyone else doesn't hear? I dont think players with other brands miss audio styles..confused1

Edited by Dnj (01/17/14 05:58 AM)

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online