SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#381257 - 01/12/14 10:13 AM Yamaha Audio in Styles
DannyUK Offline

Now that Yamaha has featured two models with Audio in their styles, how do you think it will progress from here? Initially, people thought that they were testing the waters by implementing the option in the S950 as a trial but it now seems clear that Yamaha are finding this feature quite favorable by implementing it in the T5 also.

I am really surprised that Yamaha have yet to sell any Audio premium styles, I suppose it might have something to do with them being protected / not transferable?

Do you think Yamaha will now go all the way in any subsequent upgrades? The next "S" series will surely have a few more but I would prefer if Yamaha would just go all the way and have every single style in Audio format with the option to switch to midi drums within the same style so that they are editable that is if Audio will remain protected.

I think had the T5 had all their styles as Audio I would have purchased one.

I have also noticed that some posters have thought that Yamaha's Audio styles are not true audio as they don't feature other audio tracks such as bass / guitars etc.. Do you think that's next? Or do you think Yamaha would be just keen to increase the number of Audio styles with drums? The T5 is appealing but just doesn't have enough of this at the moment, 40 styles just isn't enough.

Edited by DannyUK (01/12/14 10:15 AM)

#381259 - 01/12/14 10:28 AM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: DannyUK]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Danny, I think they're gradually introduce them, plus introduce software to edit them as well, with upcoming models. Kinda test the waters so to speak.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#381260 - 01/12/14 10:38 AM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: travlin'easy]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Danny, I think they're gradually introduce them, plus introduce software to edit them as well, with upcoming models. Kinda test the waters so to speak.

Gary cool

OK, so it's going to be a bit at a time? Do you think like 20 new styles at a time? So then Yamaha will have a fully audio model in 50 years time? They should just go for it! My opinion of course.

#381261 - 01/12/14 10:43 AM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Gary cool

If you can't single out EACH TRACK desperately for editing ..no software will work to edit these so called audio styles.If Yamaha ever outweighs midi styles for all audio in future models,.....
I will surly switch back to another brand. And someone please me this:......Why do we even need Audio styles vs Midi styles? just sayin'

Edited by Dnj (01/12/14 10:44 AM)

#381262 - 01/12/14 10:49 AM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
......Why do we even need Audio styles vs Midi styles? just sayin'

I see what you're saying, but for "some" types of music, especially Electronica, the drums need to be Audio I think. Midi can only take it so far within that genre. But I also suspect that the majority of users here probably don't care for that type of music anyway so I can understand.

#381263 - 01/12/14 10:57 AM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DannyUK
Originally Posted By: Dnj
......Why do we even need Audio styles vs Midi styles? just sayin'

I see what you're saying, but for "some" types of music, especially Electronica, the drums need to be Audio I think. Midi can only take it so far within that genre. But I also suspect that the majority of users here probably don't care for that type of music anyway so I can understand.

I would think for Electronica/ T3cho etc..you would definitely want to use a separate software drum program for industry standards....etc..

#381264 - 01/12/14 11:05 AM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Well that's true, but the thing is for me, I was talking about ambient music, I don't really enjoy Club / Techno / House / Dance music as I used to when I was younger so that doesn't bother me. I think I would have already gone the route you suggested if I was seriously into that stuff.

I think if Yamaha are going ahead with the audio route they should do it properly and not in dribs and drabs.

#381265 - 01/12/14 11:11 AM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: DannyUK]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Yamaha styles are very well programmed.
If you ask me, they should make those audio styles more universal..They are good but most of them too specific for some songs.It's a waste of space.
What i wish that Yamaha would do is give some new epansions for new drum kits..And they need to be much better.Yamaha should step up with drum sounds the way they do with other sounds on keyboard.My las Yamaha was 9000pro and I can't believe the drum sounds have not change since then.And when was 9000 pro made.

If they make new drums they could surpass Aydia styles easily.

With their new sound creator coming up they should make a good drum mixer for easier editing of styles.Sometimes we just need to tone downs high hats,or snare,or add some plate reverb on snare for a ballad style.Sometimes there is no need to edit whole drum kit.Just an element in a style..

We really don't need audio drums.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#381266 - 01/12/14 11:37 AM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DannyUK
Well that's true, but the thing is for me, I was talking about ambient music, I don't really enjoy Club / Techno / House / Dance music as I used to when I was younger so that doesn't bother me. I think I would have already gone the route you suggested if I was seriously into that stuff.

I think if Yamaha are going ahead with the audio route they should do it properly and not in dribs and drabs.

Be careful what you wish for....The more they go ahead the total audio route pretty soon there will be no need for an arranger as DJ style/Arranger KB gets closer and closer, & farther way from traditional human music creation it wont be long...both are just a way to "CONTROL" & Manipulate Audio sound.

#381267 - 01/12/14 12:19 PM Re: Yamaha Audio in Styles [Re: DannyUK]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I guess I'll just stick with what I have now for another 10 years, if I live that long. Sure makes me happy. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online