SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#379705 - 12/28/13 03:01 PM Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale [Re: Jonesy]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I guess, if you WANT to see something, you will!

This had NOTHING to do with Yamaha, but was a comment about ALL keyboard sales.

But keep imagining slights. It tells us far more about you than me...

#379707 - 12/28/13 03:43 PM Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale [Re: Jonesy]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Guess I might be a bit more perceptive, based upon the title of the thread "Tyros 5 76 note for sale." Other than that, I guess it could be referring to ANY keyboard brand. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (12/28/13 03:45 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#379741 - 12/29/13 04:07 AM Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale [Re: Diki]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
As few stores as there are nowadays that stock most arrangers, most have very little choice BUT to 'buy before you try'. If stores won't stock them, they should take the merchandise back if it fails to meet the hype...

We have a good old saying everhere in Holland that says, think before you buy.... really does the job for me... it takes me weeks or months of carefull considerations and autionoing these keyboards before i make a decision to buy something new..

I dont buy stuff on a whimp..

And if any real life situation makes you sell the keyboard, you could probably not afford it to start with... a healthy financial situation means having several thousands of euros or dollars spare, even after doing a major buy... I dont buy things on credit, i dont loan money... i save money before i can buy something... It might sound very old fashioned, but more people should consider it as it keeps me out of harms way and financial troubles.

I am with fran, the current US return materials pollicy is hugely abused wy internet buyers... like kids playing a whole game on the PC, and then returning it in time to get a full refund ...

Or people just ordering keyboards to try them out and send them back... how are merchants going to make a profit in that way?

And if you want dealers to have stuff in stock.... be prepared to pay 20% more... having stuff in stock costs big money for dealers.. money people are not prepared to pay these days..

Edited by Bachus (12/29/13 04:10 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#379756 - 12/29/13 07:14 AM Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale [Re: Jonesy]
rosetree
Unregistered

I heard about some people even buying equipment online at Thomann (they have 4 weeks of return period), use it even for a gig on stage for which they need it once and then return it. Extremely impertinent.

#379757 - 12/29/13 07:18 AM Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
I heard about some people even buying equipment online at Thomann (they have 4 weeks of return period), use it even for a gig on stage for which they need it once and then return it. Extremely impertinent.

It's business.....there is more then enough PROFIT margin for dealers to re-coop return stocking fees from original buyer, and then resell at a profit as a Demo also,....
don't kid yourself.. wink

#379759 - 12/29/13 07:32 AM Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale [Re: Jonesy]
rosetree
Unregistered

But the point is, those impertinent people, who think they can borrow equipment for free by buying at returning it, eventually make the dealers include this behavior in their price calculation so that everyone has to pay more because of a few who do these tricks.

#379762 - 12/29/13 07:46 AM Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: rosetree

It's business.....there is more then enough PROFIT margin for dealers to re-coop return stocking fees from original buyer, and then resell at a profit as a Demo also,....
don't kid yourself.. wink

You are so wrong..

Let me give you some facts from my own experience..

The average operating expense for a showroom dealer is 13 percent..That is with the product sitting in the box..You have to remember the overhead..
Not just the cost of the product...you have rent, utilities, salaries, insurance, floor plan cost and a zillion other incidentals..

Now take an example SZoners will understand..a dealer invest $3,000 in a Tyros5..of course he has to commit to buy a certain amount of product...and pay his bill in 10 days for that extra 3 percent...a 3 percent that makes a difference in keeping the doors open..

Now a normal discount is 20 percent..to compete in the market against on line shopping...another 5 percent.., now deduct the 13 percent overhead...leaves you with 2-7 percent "profit"..that is $60-$140 on that $3,000 investment on the Tyros5..

Now you want the dealer to take back your decision to buy...and sell it as a demo.and tell me who pays 20 percent restocking fee..without kicking and biting..No one I know..

Sure most small dealers like to sell used gear...but not the gear that they paid dealer cost for new..we would like to buy used gear at 25cents on the dollar and resell at double mark...big difference..

Hopefully I enlightened a few folks here...

#379766 - 12/29/13 08:27 AM Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale [Re: Jonesy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Metaphorically speaking, Diki will have you Gary,just wait, I don't think the chap doesn't like it, there are perhaps others problems, it's not good when this happens to anyone, there is nothing wrong with the T5 except the price and that reflects in the quality, if we all had the money we would go and get one and try it, regardless of all the degrading.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#379776 - 12/29/13 09:55 AM Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale [Re: Tony Hughes]
Jonesy Offline

Really wish I hadn't posted this originally!
The T5 is excellent from the few hours I spent with it. The dealer I had it from I have known for years. As the dealer is not a Yamaha stockist I havd not and would not ask him to take it back. It is my circumstances that have changed not the dealers so why would I ask him to have it back??? I simply can't believe the posts on this thread when I thought somebody might be looking for a T5 and the availability of mine might suit two people.
Mark

#379777 - 12/29/13 10:03 AM Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale [Re: Jonesy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Jonesy
Really wish I hadn't posted this originally!
The T5 is excellent from the few hours I spent with it. The dealer I had it from I have known for years. As the dealer is not a Yamaha stockist I havd not and would not ask him to take it back. It is my circumstances that have changed not the dealers so why would I ask him to have it back??? I simply can't believe the posts on this thread when I thought somebody might be looking for a T5 and the availability of mine might suit two people.
Mark

Mark to avoid this scenario you should have just posted it on SZ classifieds for sale ......with no reason, just price and if interested contact me.....then you could converse privately via email without all this speculation by mentioning the word "Circumstances"...good luck selling it.

Edited by Dnj (12/29/13 10:04 AM)

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online