Tyros 5 76 note for sale

Posted by: Jonesy

Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/28/13 09:43 AM

I received my Tyros 5 76 last week and unfortunately I have to sell it due to unforeseen circumstances. It has been out of the box for a couple of days and from what I have heard from it so far it is some serious kit. I have to sell this and so it is offered for sale including the speakers for £3,900. I am in the UK and this would be collection only. Anyone interested please call me 07545 818551.
If this is in the wrong forum place, please accept my apologies...Rgds. Mark
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/28/13 10:04 AM

Wow, that's really bad: selling a (long awaited) keyboard after just two days... I don't know what happened, but you have my deepest sympathy, for what it's worth...
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/28/13 10:55 AM

being its a few days why you return it to the dealer?
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/28/13 11:06 AM

Donny they don't do that in the UK

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/28/13 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Donny they don't do that in the UK

that sux frown
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/28/13 11:41 AM

I hate to see people returning merchandise..It is abused..Not just musical instruments...all retail returns are taking advantage of merchants..

I say..if you decide to buy ..it is yours...you resell it..

If you want to know what it feels like...the next time you sell something on Ebay...give the buyer a 45 day return policy...tell me how that works out for you.. smile

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/28/13 12:41 PM

Fran,
You don't know my circumstances and I haven't even contacted my dealer as he got this in for me (he is not a Yamaha dealer) and it is my choice to sell it on. I really wish I didn't have to but unfortunately I do.
I have this listed on various auction sites, I just thought I'd put this on here in case anyone was interested.
Mark

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/28/13 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Jonesy
Fran,
You don't know my circumstances and I haven't even contacted my dealer as he got this in for me (he is not a Yamaha dealer) and it is my choice to sell it on. I really wish I didn't have to but unfortunately I do.
I have this listed on various auction sites, I just thought I'd put this on here in case anyone was interested.
Mark
\

Mark, my response wasn't to you or your situation...I am talking about in general (DNJ's post)..I personally try to never return anything I purchase other than damage..I am sure ..you will sell it with no problem..since they are in short supply..
Posted by: Diki

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/28/13 02:10 PM

As few stores as there are nowadays that stock most arrangers, most have very little choice BUT to 'buy before you try'. If stores won't stock them, they should take the merchandise back if it fails to meet the hype...
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/28/13 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Diki
As few stores as there are nowadays that stock most arrangers, most have very little choice BUT to 'buy before you try'. If stores won't stock them, they should take the merchandise back if it fails to meet the hype...

Diki, in the above quote, you just did what you accused others of doing in another thread - bashed a keyboard. "Failed to meet the hype..." You have no idea why he is selling the keyboard, or the circumstances involved - give it a break Mr Yamaha Basher!

Happy New Year,

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/28/13 03:01 PM

I guess, if you WANT to see something, you will!

This had NOTHING to do with Yamaha, but was a comment about ALL keyboard sales.

But keep imagining slights. It tells us far more about you than me...

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/28/13 03:43 PM

Guess I might be a bit more perceptive, based upon the title of the thread "Tyros 5 76 note for sale." Other than that, I guess it could be referring to ANY keyboard brand. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 04:07 AM

We have a good old saying everhere in Holland that says, think before you buy.... really does the job for me... it takes me weeks or months of carefull considerations and autionoing these keyboards before i make a decision to buy something new..

I dont buy stuff on a whimp..

And if any real life situation makes you sell the keyboard, you could probably not afford it to start with... a healthy financial situation means having several thousands of euros or dollars spare, even after doing a major buy... I dont buy things on credit, i dont loan money... i save money before i can buy something... It might sound very old fashioned, but more people should consider it as it keeps me out of harms way and financial troubles.

I am with fran, the current US return materials pollicy is hugely abused wy internet buyers... like kids playing a whole game on the PC, and then returning it in time to get a full refund ...

Or people just ordering keyboards to try them out and send them back... how are merchants going to make a profit in that way?

And if you want dealers to have stuff in stock.... be prepared to pay 20% more... having stuff in stock costs big money for dealers.. money people are not prepared to pay these days..
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 07:14 AM

I heard about some people even buying equipment online at Thomann (they have 4 weeks of return period), use it even for a gig on stage for which they need it once and then return it. Extremely impertinent.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 07:18 AM

Originally Posted By: rosetree
I heard about some people even buying equipment online at Thomann (they have 4 weeks of return period), use it even for a gig on stage for which they need it once and then return it. Extremely impertinent.

It's business.....there is more then enough PROFIT margin for dealers to re-coop return stocking fees from original buyer, and then resell at a profit as a Demo also,....
don't kid yourself.. wink
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 07:32 AM

But the point is, those impertinent people, who think they can borrow equipment for free by buying at returning it, eventually make the dealers include this behavior in their price calculation so that everyone has to pay more because of a few who do these tricks.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: rosetree

It's business.....there is more then enough PROFIT margin for dealers to re-coop return stocking fees from original buyer, and then resell at a profit as a Demo also,....
don't kid yourself.. wink

You are so wrong..

Let me give you some facts from my own experience..

The average operating expense for a showroom dealer is 13 percent..That is with the product sitting in the box..You have to remember the overhead..
Not just the cost of the product...you have rent, utilities, salaries, insurance, floor plan cost and a zillion other incidentals..

Now take an example SZoners will understand..a dealer invest $3,000 in a Tyros5..of course he has to commit to buy a certain amount of product...and pay his bill in 10 days for that extra 3 percent...a 3 percent that makes a difference in keeping the doors open..

Now a normal discount is 20 percent..to compete in the market against on line shopping...another 5 percent.., now deduct the 13 percent overhead...leaves you with 2-7 percent "profit"..that is $60-$140 on that $3,000 investment on the Tyros5..

Now you want the dealer to take back your decision to buy...and sell it as a demo.and tell me who pays 20 percent restocking fee..without kicking and biting..No one I know..

Sure most small dealers like to sell used gear...but not the gear that they paid dealer cost for new..we would like to buy used gear at 25cents on the dollar and resell at double mark...big difference..

Hopefully I enlightened a few folks here...

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 08:27 AM

Metaphorically speaking, Diki will have you Gary,just wait, I don't think the chap doesn't like it, there are perhaps others problems, it's not good when this happens to anyone, there is nothing wrong with the T5 except the price and that reflects in the quality, if we all had the money we would go and get one and try it, regardless of all the degrading.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 09:55 AM

Really wish I hadn't posted this originally!
The T5 is excellent from the few hours I spent with it. The dealer I had it from I have known for years. As the dealer is not a Yamaha stockist I havd not and would not ask him to take it back. It is my circumstances that have changed not the dealers so why would I ask him to have it back??? I simply can't believe the posts on this thread when I thought somebody might be looking for a T5 and the availability of mine might suit two people.
Mark

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 10:03 AM

The T5 is excellent from the few hours I spent with it. The dealer I had it from I have known for years. As the dealer is not a Yamaha stockist I havd not and would not ask him to take it back. It is my circumstances that have changed not the dealers so why would I ask him to have it back??? I simply can't believe the posts on this thread when I thought somebody might be looking for a T5 and the availability of mine might suit two people.
Mark

Mark to avoid this scenario you should have just posted it on SZ classifieds for sale ......with no reason, just price and if interested contact me.....then you could converse privately via email without all this speculation by mentioning the word "Circumstances"...good luck selling it.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 10:14 AM

Thanks. I've noe posted there also. All the best. Mark
Posted by: cassp

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 10:34 AM

Mark, as a new, junior member I'm sure you haven't yet caught on to all the personalities on this forum. As a member who now lurks more than participates, I can assure you that your post was fair and you deserved better consideration. These grumpy ole men usually have nothing better to do than get on here and chat. Unfortunately, they used your posting as a springboard for a discussion on returning merchandise, mostly in the USA (which has little or nothing to do with you or your situation).

Don't feel bad about posting the thread - I'm sure we all feel for your situation of having to sell such a treasured instrument so quickly. That said, the rest of the conversation is typical SZoner BS. Get used to it, it happens all the time. No harm intended...

Best of luck selling your Tyrose 5.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 10:36 AM

Mark
I don't see why you should have any regrets, as it is normal here to have side(if not snide) remarks without it being personal. I know if I were in the market, I would contact you.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 11:22 AM

Really appreciate the last couple of posts. Thanks alot ...Rgds, Mark

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 11:53 AM

Devil is in the details, Gary. Try READING what I write, and keep that chip off your shoulder.

Everything is hyped. Don't kid yourself.

But if there isn't a dealer within 4-5 hours of where you live, what choice do you have?

The BK-9 was the first keyboard I ever bought sight unseen. I had no choice. I think Texas was the closest dealer that had one in stock. I'm not driving 6-7 hours (each way!) to go see an arranger. Those of you in the EU have no idea how far away things are in many parts of the US.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 12:41 PM

Mark

Mark,

Don't worry about it, I am going to buy one in the new year but no room for a 76 I have a fixed width Jasper stand and I already have a set of SR speakers, sure it will go. BTW any tiny crack in the wallpaper on SZ can send them batty going off at a tangent and obtuse, most of these old guys are loaded.

Tony

Wish you well Mark BTW where do you live.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: cassp
Mark, as a new, junior member I'm sure you haven't yet caught on to all the personalities on this forum. As a member who now lurks more than participates, I can assure you that your post was fair and you deserved better consideration. These grumpy ole men usually have nothing better to do than get on here and chat. Unfortunately, they used your posting as a springboard for a discussion on returning merchandise, mostly in the USA (which has little or nothing to do with you or your situation).

Don't feel bad about posting the thread - I'm sure we all feel for your situation of having to sell such a treasured instrument so quickly. That said, the rest of the conversation is typical SZoner BS. Get used to it, it happens all the time. No harm intended...

Mark ditto to Cass' comments. I have at least 3 other friends who used to post here frequently, they don't or on rare occasion do post for reasons similar to you saying you're sorry you posted it.

This isn't limited to keyboards/arrangers forums. I also belong to a photography forum and the same BS exists there and maybe even to a greater degree. I've seen plenty of nasty posters banned from those sites.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 01:42 PM

Hi Tony,
I live in Staffordshire.
I've just found some of the posts on this and other threads pretty incredible. ...
Shame you can't fit the 76 note one in...All the best with yours when you get it.
best rgds
Mark

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: cassp

Mark ditto to Cass' comments. I have at least 3 other friends who used to post here frequently, they don't or on rare occasion do post for reasons similar to you saying you're sorry you posted it.

This isn't limited to keyboards/arrangers forums. I also belong to a photography forum and the same BS exists there and maybe even to a greater degree. I've seen plenty of nasty posters banned from those sites.

Just a lack of respect and poor or no manners Steve, how are young kids of today going to gain respect when there is no role models. I know what you are saying about other forums but there's no excuse for it.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 01:58 PM

Hi Tony,
I live in Staffordshire.
I've just found some of the posts on this and other threads pretty incredible. ...
Shame you can't fit the 76 note one in...All the best with yours when you get it.
best rgds
Mark

You to Mark I hope you sell it soon and I hope you get another one when ever you get the chance to.

Best Wishes for the new year

Tony

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 05:44 PM

"Just a lack of respect and poor or no manners Steve, how are young kids of today going to gain respect when there is no role models. I know what you are saying about other forums but there's no excuse for it."

Well spoken, Tony, by a true English gentleman. smile

Gary cool
Posted by: DonM

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 06:24 PM

Mark, welcome to your initiation on Synthzone! ::
Good luck with selling the T5. Should be no problem. Trust me, nobody here means any ill will against anyone else (most of the time)!
Regarding the returning of items, if the dealer doesn't want to accept returns, either with or without restocking charges, they should simply not offer it.
I have used Sweetwater Music a few times on items that I wasn't sure would work for my needs, most notably a Behringer midi foot controller. As far as I recall, it's the only thing I ever returned, but they were quite gracious and honored their policy with a smile.
Smaller independent dealers such as Frank or George probably can't afford to offer money back, no questions asked, but I know personally either of them would go out of his way to make us happy, probably to the point of exchanging it for something else.
There is no longer an arranger dealer within 200 miles from me, at least that stocks anything close to MOTL models. Not sure if anyone this side of the nation stocks TOTL stuff any more.
The choices are make a long trip and spend a lot of time at the store, or buy one on line or on the phone hoping you like it.
Mark never hinted at wanting to return his, he just wants to sell the dang thing!
Happy New Year all!

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/29/13 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
"Just a lack of respect and poor or no manners Steve, how are young kids of today going to gain respect when there is no role models. I know what you are saying about other forums but there's no excuse for it."

Well spoken, Tony, by a true English gentleman. smile

Gary cool

Gary,

I don't always get the pitch just right every time, I try to be funny with a bit of sense rolled in after 70 years on the planet, I have seen all the crap people dish out, it does them no good and I can say I have never seen you firing off both barrels and never think I will.

All the very best for the new year Gary and your family, don't you go sailing off into the sunset just yet, we need some stability and decorum and from you there is plenty.

Tony

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 02:46 AM

Mark

You obviously choose the wrong forum if you wanted to simply offer your T5 for sale... we are great at turning everything intoo a discussion overhere....

If you just want to sell your Yammaha, you might try PSR tutorial forums, thats where people looking for a cheap buy lurk...

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 02:53 AM

I received my Tyros 5 76 last week and unfortunately I have to sell it due to unforeseen circumstances. It has been out of the box for a couple of days and from what I have heard from it so far it is some serious kit. I have to sell this and so it is offered for sale including the speakers for £3,900. I am in the UK and this would be collection only. Anyone interested please call me 07545 818551.
If this is in the wrong forum place, please accept my apologies...Rgds. Mark

I an get if for 3650 pounds brand new at promenade music in the UK... a Tyros 5XL 76 key version.

Your price is rather steep ...

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 04:43 AM

£4182 inc speakers at Promenade music.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 04:50 AM

£4182 inc speakers at Promenade music.

It says : Call for the best deal... and so i did

That price you quote, thats the standard Yamaha price MSRP, they are not allowed to advertise with their real price..

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 05:13 AM

Guess you'll be buying from there then!

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 06:59 AM

Guess you'll be buying from there then!

If i lived in the UK i would... Overhere in Holland i can have it for 3800 euro... and in the US they sell for about 4k$

I think 3400 or 3450 UK pounds would be a good price for your gear.. after all its 2nd hand and not new anymore..

On top of that you indicated you need to sell for financial reasons (atleast thats my conclusion from your orriginal post), which means you need money and that would incline people offering less make a good chance of getting the gear.. telling you need to sell for financial reasons allways undermines your position as a seller..
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Bachus

......On top of that you indicated you need to sell for financial reasons (atleast thats my conclusion from your orriginal post.....

HEY!
"Due to unforeseen circumstances" are what I read in the original post. (Even the same after wash my glasses)
That may as well be illness or many other reasons.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 08:31 AM

Hell guys leave the lad alone, God I'll bet he wished he never mention the God dam Tyros now, what does it matter a jot why he wants to sell it.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 09:13 AM

"Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a I7chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren"
Tony, you left out type of underwear (boxer or shorts) and brand of tea! smile

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 09:16 AM

I joined this forum as I initially wanted to learn as much as I could about keyboards and playing and learning from people who I guess are a lot more experienced than me.....I really wished I'd never posted this!!!!
For the record I DO NOT NEED TO SELL FOR FINANCIAL reasons. Bachus, I find your comments less than tasteful! You don't even know me but seem to believe that you know my reasons....You dont!
I am delighted that you can buy cheaper....when you do I am sure you will love it.
Mark

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 09:18 AM

Mark, hope you are enjoying your initiation into SZ! smile Please don't let us run you off; most of us have good intentions!
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 09:23 AM

Jonesy ... I know it is difficult, but PLEASE do not judge this forum based on the comments of a few, or on how this thread deteriorated ...
while FAR TOO MUCH time is often spent with people cackling like old hens, there are also many times when good info is passed on from one to another, and even times when good info can be gleaned from the cackling ...
And from time to time - as we have seen in recent days - we can exchange music performances without any malice being thrown around ...
I wish you every success in selling your T5 for the price you want, and I wish you a safe, healthy, happy New Year ...
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 09:29 AM

I echo Don and Tony's sentiments, Mark...hang around.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By: DonM
Mark, hope you are enjoying your initiation into SZ! smile Please don't let us run you off; most of us have good intentions!

Don,

If he don't get run out of town on this one, he will on the next, heeee haaaaaa!!

Its a baptism of fire on SZ, he will toughen up, he's British, Rule Britannia and all that tosh

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 11:12 AM

Don,

You know I came from a poor family, I thought knife and forks were jewellery. I have two half brothers and two half sisters and then mi mam took the saw off me.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 03:02 PM

There's already PLENTY of people posting here that have shown how to do it without it becoming personal. Doesn't seem to have made much impact! Some people just have thin skins.

The main thing many need to learn is, criticism of your arranger ISN'T criticism of you! Sometimes, it gets quite ridiculous on here how personally some people take discussion and criticism of a piece of electronic gear, as if it's your grandkids we are discussing! You need to understand, they ALL have issues, areas that could be improved, areas where one arranger may have a better system than another. You want to post on a forum where these aren't discussed, well, there are plenty of one-make fansites for that..! Mind you, it's amazing how much criticism can be leveled at a particular arranger on the site dedicated to it. Somehow, people's hackles don't rise as much when a particular brand's users make the same criticism that gets such a rabid response on a 'general arrangers' forum!

In my own defense, I am as willing to discuss shortcomings in my OWN arrangers as I am any others. Unless we discuss these things, how do manufacturers KNOW how we feel, what we want, what we DON'T want, what works better than the system we have, etc., etc..

If you can't take the idea that someone MIGHT not think your arranger the best one, best to stay away... But honestly, are you THAT insecure?

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 03:26 PM

I'm secure, because I KNOW mine is better than yours!
. . . even though I haven't tried yours. smile

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 03:56 PM

Pop on over any time, Don!

I've tried YOURS... killer piece of kit, but, just like mine, it ain't perfect!

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/30/13 05:19 PM

None of them are! They are like women.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/31/13 12:07 AM

I'm secure, because I KNOW mine is better than yours!
. . . even though I haven't tried yours. smile

ho ho ho I have tried his and mine is defiantly better than his, Don it was wide open for it, like a hole in one , drive a bus through sideways. Anyway I am going over to see Col on Saturday if I really feel like I need another hole in the head I will takes some dots plays his KB and remember the bad old days, you got to have a laugh at someone's expense on the last day of 13. I just seen on the news they pulled a 17 year old boy out of the Manchester Ship Canal drowned, been out for a drink with his friends last Saturday,his mum and dad will remember 2013, get things into perspective, I don't really give a toss about who's got what KB and you all know that. I have more things to worry about.

Happy new year All of you

Tony

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/31/13 12:11 AM

None of them are! They are like women.

You take care what you say old lad, if your Doris gets your password you are brown bread. sofa

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/31/13 01:29 AM

A few random thoughts, not directly related with this thread:
1- Choosing a keyboard is like choosing a car or a photographic camera or a cell phone or a wrist watch: it tells something about our own personality and our likes and dislikes (for example what kind of music we tend to play). Hence the negative reaction to criticism of any kind: ("How dare you criticize who I am??")
2- Criticism is more accepted when it comes from someone who owns the same keyboard (or the same make, at least), because in this case is also self-directed ("Look the mistake I made!"). Besides, sharing a common destiny establish a bond of some sort ("We are all in the same boat, aren't we?").
3- There are different ways to convey a negative judgement (see? I didn't even use the word "criticism" here!) A good idea is -like always- to sugarcoat it with an introductory phrase like: "It's a fantastic piece of gear; pity that...".
4- The least accepted kind of criticism is the one that looks or sounds like a mockery: "How could you buy that piece of sh@t? What a dumbass you are! Everybody knows that it has the "X" defect!" This last kind of remark can arouse homicide instincts (no kidding!) and -at the very least- end a friendship.

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/31/13 08:13 AM

That was a very elegant way to state the facts, my friend, and I for one, have always appreciated your candor and sincerity in matters such as these.

Thank you very much Andrea. You are true gentleman and a scholar,

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/31/13 10:12 AM

The ALWAYS classy Andrea ...
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/31/13 11:07 AM

Great post, Dreamer...I am in total agreement with what you have said.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/31/13 11:15 AM

Thank you my friends: your words mean a lot to me

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/31/13 11:43 AM

rotfl

Andrea ... Wishing you and yours a Happy, Healthy, and Blessed New Year, free from strife, and full of smiles ...
i tuoi amici Lydia e Antonio ...

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 12/31/13 03:09 PM

Grazie Tony,
auguro un mondo di bene a te e Lydia.
A me stesso auguro di riuscire, nel 2014, a farti una sorpresa...

Re: Tyros 5 76 note for sale - 01/03/14 02:36 PM

Mille grazie ...