SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#375596 - 11/17/13 07:26 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: cgiles]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: cgiles

Anyone reading these posts for the first time would be hard put to believe that the average age of these 'high school girls' is around 65 yrs. Be nice to see some new names posting for a change. JMO, of course.

chas

Some are even older Chas...by the way, how old are you?

Of course most SZ posters actually like to use arrangers, and some are lucky enough to be retired and have lots of time to do nuttin' all day.

Worst about doin' nuttin'...you never know when you are done.

That's why I like to play at least two, three hours a day, usually more...that's what retirement is all about, isn't it...finally time to play at whatever we choose?

I'm starting to wonder where I found the time to work.

Ian

#375634 - 11/18/13 01:28 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I am always astounded by the lack of comprehension of simple English here...

The truth is, if Yamaha people didn't raise their hackles at the slightest criticism of anything to do with their precious babies (or is that simply how they want to behave?), and actually involved themselves in the debate, rather than going into naked attack mode at the mere mention of something that Yamaha MIGHT be able to improve, the tenor on this forum might be FAR less confrontational.

So far, the only negativity I have directed at Yamaha is over the FACT that, despite the S950 being out for well over a year, and having read PLENTY of negative feedback about the audio drums features FROM S950 USERS, not just interested observers, and after much fuss has been made about the inability to put a simple audio loop up on a multipad, or trigger it automatically on the 'one', something that is so basic and stupidly obvious, even 'lesser' manufacturers like Korg and Roland and Ketron got it right, the mere MENTION of these immediately brings on two things...

First is a complete ignoring of the POINT... There hasn't been ONE SINGLE POST by a Yamaha user/fan addressing why the arranger should NOT be able to loop audio, or asking why something so obvious should appear on the $5000+ flagship after the mistake was pointed out on the S950 a year or more ago. Not only can you not loop any audio (so there goes 99% of the use of the feature) but you can't even cue it to be triggered on the 'one', so if you have anything rhythmical in your multipad audio, you have to trigger it manually on the 'one' yourself, and heaven help you if you are a TINY fraction off..!

So far, trying to talk about this has only elicited comments about my BK-9 (I'm not the one denying there's any problems, or refusing to talk about them), and then personal attacks of the usual schoolyard bullies here.

I swear, I really need to start an 'Attack Diki personally here' thread, so maybe the rest of the forum can remain focused on talking about arrangers... But where is the fun in that? Seems a few here salivate at the least opportunity to join in the bear baiting...

If you don't want to discuss ways that Yamaha (and everybody else) can improve their arrangers, make them musically more powerful, and would like a forum where all we do is pat each other on the back, congratulate each other on their latest GAS, listen to excremental user demos and go 'How superb!', maybe you could start one and stay there. This forum, before certain people tried to turn it into the 'Yamaha can do no wrong' forum, USED to be somewhere we could discuss the present and the future of arrangers.

How low it has fallen.

#375635 - 11/18/13 01:35 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

#375642 - 11/18/13 02:47 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
.I..

Not loud enough?

.I.. ..I.

LOL

#375643 - 11/18/13 03:19 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Typical SZ'er before reading Dikipedia....

Typical SZ'er after reading Dikipedia....

Me after reading Dikipedia.....

Me after buying Tyros4...

Me after playing Tyros4....

Me after hearing BK-9 demo...

#375644 - 11/18/13 03:36 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Typical SZ'er before reading Dikipedia....

Typical SZ'er after reading Dikipedia....

Me after reading Dikipedia.....

Me after playing Tyros4....

Me after hearing BK-9 demo...

#375649 - 11/18/13 04:21 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Dnj]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
violin

wow..........the topic of this post has certainly derailed.............

#375650 - 11/18/13 04:30 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Don't worry Charley...the Tyros5 still isn't in the hands of players yet...things will pick up for sure.

There's certainly lots of excitement on all the Yamaha forums.

Ian

#375676 - 11/19/13 05:58 AM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Don't worry Charley...the Tyros5 still isn't in the hands of players yet...things will pick up for sure.

There's certainly lots of excitement on all the Yamaha forums.

Ian

I for one look forward to seeing and hearing a T-5 in demos & in person some day in the near future as I do the next S-series model too, maybe I'll bring Fran to assess it too. cool2

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online