SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#375336 - 11/15/13 06:03 AM No more Voice Creator on Tyros5!!!
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
What always blocked me from buying a Yamaha arranger was the lack of a 76 key model.
Now that Yamaha finally did it, they pulled another showstopper for me: custom voice creator/editor.
Yes... tyros5 does not have anymore the voice creator functions to import custom waveforms and also the Voice Editor PC software is not included with it.
So to expand voices you are forced to buy their premium packs.... this is a very bad move from them. Not counting the expansive flash memoryboard you are forced to buy...

Edited by mrdave (11/15/13 06:04 AM)

#375341 - 11/15/13 07:09 AM Re: No more Voice Creator on Tyros5!!! [Re: mrdave]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
In the reference manual it says custom voices creator, I believe.
I also want to order T5, but if that is missing than T5 is of no use to me.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#375342 - 11/15/13 07:23 AM Re: No more Voice Creator on Tyros5!!! [Re: mrdave]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
My Friends I just registered on the psr forum and Posted some important info on that subject
so maby its a good idea to check that out
i give a example there of what i did and i was able to load
complete packs

Greetz Rico wave

#375348 - 11/15/13 07:39 AM Re: No more Voice Creator on Tyros5!!! [Re: mrdave]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I'm in the same boat. I was disappointed with this T5 upgrade but was going to get it anyway. But this is indeed a show stopper. The T5 without the voice creator is useless to me. WhY the heck did they cut something that they had already invented and was so useful?! It's extremely disappointing because even if they fix and add this feature it shows us the direction Yamaha is going...

#375349 - 11/15/13 07:40 AM Re: No more Voice Creator on Tyros5!!! [Re: KeyBTyros]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Thanks Rico .
Why not posting it here too??

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#375351 - 11/15/13 07:49 AM Re: No more Voice Creator on Tyros5!!! [Re: mrdave]
KeyBTyros Offline

OK Guys i wil post it here to

chony dont be dissapointed yet my friend just wait till this gets solved

i wil copy what i wroted in the forum

PSR Tutorial FORUM MSG

Hi Keyboard friends my Name is Rico and i just registerd on the forum because i just wanted to add some info to this conversation smile

I succeeded to load packs completely
what i did is you can only load uvi files so i just open them up in Notepad
then i see this

Just an example i made

[Voice]Category=96Order=0Name=RicoIcon=S999LinkRel=Rico.S999.UVNLinkAbs=E:/sound/Rico.S999.UVN

Now the files where in a different dir and on a dif drive so i renamed the dir to sound and put it on E:

Now this pack loaded completely

then i went to pack 2 and there i saw this

[Voice]Category=96Order=0Name=Rico1Icon=S999LinkAbs=E:/sound1/Rico1.S999.UVN

so i rename again the dir en put it on the correct drive
This didnt load

the difference here is

S999LinkRel=Rico1.S999.UVN is not in the line

so i thought okay lets put that there

and that also worked

so as you can see you can get packs completely in only question remains are you able to send them
now if you can load compleet packs in to this program i dont see the reason why you should not be able to send those to your tyros

Maby this info helps you @ll Out

I wish you @ll a great time when your T5 Arives Smiley

Lets hope this gets sorted out !

Greetz Rico wave

#375365 - 11/15/13 09:42 AM Re: No more Voice Creator on Tyros5!!! [Re: KeyBTyros]
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Just heard from my dealer that Yamaha is developing both a PC and Mac program that makes it possible to use it as VoiceCreator and can handle non-Yamaha libraries/voices etc.. So please relax about this issue.... solutions are on their way!

#375366 - 11/15/13 09:46 AM Re: No more Voice Creator on Tyros5!!! [Re: mrdave]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
But why would they release an unfinished product? They had 3 years to figure it out. Did they really think there wouldn't be an uproar?? Or did they want the uproar...

Yamaha is following a pattern. They used to be so reliable. But they're leased the T4 with tons of bugs, the s950 needed an update out of the box, and now they release a T5 without a voice creator and no official statement explaining their intentions.

I'm very concerned about what Yamaha actually thinks about their customers. To me it's seeming that they are no longer aiming at the pro-user but at the casual home user.

#375367 - 11/15/13 09:52 AM Re: No more Voice Creator on Tyros5!!! [Re: mrdave]
KeyBTyros Offline

Kla4 is right just wanted to post this info smile

Greetz Rico

#375370 - 11/15/13 09:57 AM Re: No more Voice Creator on Tyros5!!! [Re: chony]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Originally Posted By: chony
But why would they release an unfinished product? They had 3 years to figure it out. Did they really think there wouldn't be an uproar?? Or did they want the uproar...

Yamaha is following a pattern. They used to be so reliable. But they're leased the T4 with tons of bugs, the s950 needed an update out of the box, and now they release a T5 without a voice creator and no official statement explaining their intentions.

I'm very concerned about what Yamaha actually thinks about their customers. To me it's seeming that they are no longer aiming at the pro-user but at the casual home user.

Even the casual user should be given more consideration than this - they have still shelled out their hard earned money for a product which they expect to be much better than the one they own and without major flaws.

3 years allows time for a lot of thinking.
Are they getting slipshod or do they just not care?
Tony

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online