SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#37533 - 12/08/10 12:03 AM Audya HD
skude Offline

I would like to buy a new HD with the latest OS and factory settings for my Audya. Full HD clone of a new Audya "out of the box" Just to start all over again, maybe then without any bugs. That seems to be impossible. WHY??. I asked the distributor if he could get me one, but he told me to contact Ketron Italy. I e-mailed Ketron but no answer, I e-mailed again this morning. The support for this KB must be the worst in the world. During 40 years as a musican I have had all kinds of KB's and other gear, but I have never ever been in a situation like this. I'm not asking for anything for free, I just want to buy a new HD factory loaded. I have had my share of problems and still have "bugs" that is getting worse. I called the Ketron repairsenter, asked them if the could make me a factory HD clone, NO they had never done that before.I asked if they know anything about INT PHASE ERROR or left voice problem, never heard about it. I asked for the backup cd's, Ketron told the distributor there are no such cd's. And again, I never asked them to give me anything for free. This is just unbelievable! AJ can you help out with this?
skude

#37534 - 12/08/10 07:51 AM Re: Audya HD
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi Skude.

Sorry to see all the problems you have to deal with regarding the Audya.
Cannot support you with a factory loaded HD? Make me wonder, what about if anyone need other spare parts
and how in h**** do they manage to build the machine in the first place if this is so difficult?

I tend to believe that you've been extremely out of luck what people you came across, because back when
I had to ask for support for SD1, there was no problem at all. Rapid and serviceminded.

Did you try Norsk Musikk, and/or also to talk with the staff at Gjøvik Musikk? GM is maybe a good place
to try.

If you ask me if I'm happy that I did not jump to buy Audya yet, the answer start wit a big Y !

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#37535 - 12/08/10 09:24 AM Re: Audya HD
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
SKUDE,
Did you email AJ

He has gone very quiet on here?
I thought he was the administrator of this forum

AJ are you out there??

#37536 - 12/08/10 10:27 AM Re: Audya HD
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
I would like to buy a new HD with the latest OS and factory settings for my Audya. Full HD clone of a new Audya "out of the box" Just to start all over again, maybe then without any bugs. That seems to be impossible. WHY??. I asked the distributor if he could get me one, but he told me to contact Ketron Italy. I e-mailed Ketron but no answer, I e-mailed again this morning. The support for this KB must be the worst in the world. During 40 years as a musican I have had all kinds of KB's and other gear, but I have never ever been in a situation like this. I'm not asking for anything for free, I just want to buy a new HD factory loaded. I have had my share of problems and still have "bugs" that is getting worse. I called the Ketron repairsenter, asked them if the could make me a factory HD clone, NO they had never done that before.I asked if they know anything about INT PHASE ERROR or left voice problem, never heard about it. I asked for the backup cd's, Ketron told the distributor there are no such cd's. And again, I never asked them to give me anything for free. This is just unbelievable! AJ can you help out with this?
skude

Skude,

You know I could make you up a HD, but I too have had INT PHASE ERROR a few times, it is rather worrying all this that you cannot get a local dealer to make you up a drive or get the factory to make one up. Like Jonny says hell if you really needed a part from Ketron would you get it before the T5 comes out.
I really have lost all enthusiasm with the whole thing, I did email TWD for you and I have not had a reply, I understand it from his point of view can’t imagine he is selling many Audya, and to been fault finding on KB that some else sold and made a profit on I can see why he may not want to help, the flood gates would open if people found out the there is only TWD who knows what he is doing with Audya. Frankly I think that TWD is the only person in the World who knows what he is doing with Ketron gear. Sad but I think it’s true.
I have not seen anything in my life time that compares with the way the Audya has been handled, what I find hard to take for dealers is Ketron can sell to Thomann in Germany and they can sell them cheap than the dealers can buy them, that has got to be a no brainer for Ketron dealer, I would cut Ketron loose and leave them to sell only though Thomann. You can now see why dealers don’t want to bugger around with faulty Audya, they never made any more on the sale in the first place.
I think by now we should all know the writing is on the wall, James new all this some time back.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#37537 - 12/08/10 10:47 AM Re: Audya HD
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Hi Skude.

Sorry to see all the problems you have to deal with regarding the Audya.
Cannot support you with a factory loaded HD? Make me wonder, what about if anyone need other spare parts
and how in h**** do they manage to build the machine in the first place if this is so difficult?

I tend to believe that you've been extremely out of luck what people you came across, because back when
I had to ask for support for SD1, there was no problem at all. Rapid and serviceminded.

Did you try Norsk Musikk, and/or also to talk with the staff at Gjøvik Musikk? GM is maybe a good place
to try.

If you ask me if I'm happy that I did not jump to buy Audya yet, the answer start wit a big Y !

Cheers
GJ

Hi GJ
Yes I did try Norsk Musikk, they told me to contact Ketron for a new HD, That's were I asked about the restore cd's. I may try Gjøvik, but they didn't sell to me so I can understand if they don't want to put too much work into this. BTW, today I sold my two Korgs, really surprised that it only took me two days, so many calls my cellphone was very hot. Now I really have to depend on the Audya. Now I always start the Audya with a "restart", really great
skude

#37538 - 12/08/10 11:41 AM Re: Audya HD
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
...I may try Gjøvik, but they didn't sell to me so I can understand if they don't want to put too much work into this....

I really don't understand why Norsk Musikk don't manage to help you out, as far as I know
they are the importer and Ketrons representatives here?
Gjøvik Musikk might see longer than theyr own nose and treat you better as a future customer.

Hope you'll get things sorted out and Audya fixed to work well very soon.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#37539 - 12/09/10 01:41 AM Re: Audya HD
skude Offline

Just an update.
I e-mailed Ketron IT. but also direct to Marcello at Ketron. He says he will forward my mail to the Commercial Dep. We'll see, what next.
GJ
I will try Gjøvik next week, if I haven't heard anything from Ketron It. by then.
Thanks
skude

#37540 - 12/09/10 03:36 AM Re: Audya HD
cakemog Offline

Hi Skude, don't know if this will work for you - but worth a try. I have had EXCELLENT service from www.ketronmusic.co.uk on 2 occasions with Audya faults, my Audya is now working without problems. I suggest you e-mail Darren and tell him of all your problems - ask if they are willing/able to help!
Carl (In the UK)

#37541 - 12/09/10 04:26 AM Re: Audya HD
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cakemog:
Hi Skude, don't know if this will work for you - but worth a try. I have had EXCELLENT service from www.ketronmusic.co.uk on 2 occasions with Audya faults, my Audya is now working without problems. I suggest you e-mail Darren and tell him of all your problems - ask if they are willing/able to help!
Carl (In the UK)

Carl
You guys in the UK are lucky that have Darren. He has helped me before, thanks to him I got new parts for my Audya from Ketron It. I e-mailed him a while ago asking about a HD clone, but haven't heard anything from him. I guess those guys are pretty busy now xmas comming up. If he can help, I'm sure he will let me know. I know he can't be the world support for Ketron.
Thanks.
skude

#37542 - 12/09/10 04:48 AM Re: Audya HD
cakemog Offline

Keep trying Skude, Darren is a great guy but very busy - I'm sure he'll respond when time permits. Carl

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online