SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#311798 - 01/11/11 11:37 AM Audya's Vocal Harmonizer Help and Ideas Needed!
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Greeting again, fellow Audya owners.

If any of you use the Harmonizer in the Audya, you probably know it leaves a lot to be desired. The overall sound is just not good!

I purchased a TC Helicon Voice Works Plus and it DOES work well with the Audya and certainly the vocal harmonies are cleaner and more natural sounding. I purchased the Helicon two years ago to use with my Yamaha PSR 3000, but couldn't get it to work right. I just dug it out of the closet and tried it with the Audya.

However this is the problem I have:

I also play a Tyros 3 on stage with my Audya and I use the harmonizer in the Tyros when I'm playing it. It's not great, but acceptable.

I have worked very little with midi over the years so I don't know how to accomplish this.

How can I set up and run both keyboards through the TC Helicon using midi connections? The Helicon only has " ONE " mini in, out and thru. I believe I would need two in's and outs to accomplish this.

I can use the Helicon for just the Audya, however the Helicon holds and sustains the last chord played on the Audya. So when I change to play a song on the Tyros, the harmonies from the Audya and the last chord played are still there. The only way around that is to keep hitting the bypass button on the Helicon.

I guess I'm hoping to accomplish playing both keyboards and using the Voice Works for both. Setting up all the channels for the midi is very confusing with two keyboards and I don't know if it can even be accomplished.

Do I need some sort of dual midi junction box?

If there are any Midi experts out there, your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Jim

#311848 - 01/12/11 12:58 AM Re: Audya's Vocal Harmonizer Help and Ideas Needed! [Re: NiteLife]
player 1 Offline

Loc: Vargon Sweden
Dont know if this help but I use the midi out from my Audya to tc electronic delay and then thrue to tc helicon harmony-m. I think you can use the midi in to the tyros and then thrue to the Audya as long as both KB has the same midichanel

#312399 - 01/14/11 12:03 PM Re: Audya's Vocal Harmonizer Help and Ideas Needed! [Re: NiteLife]
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Thanks Player 1 for your input.

As time permits I'll try your suggestion.

I guess like myself not many members here mess with midi.

Thanks.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online