SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#371429 - 09/01/13 01:16 PM One of those nights
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I just had one of those nights...the kind that I decided to make changes...to please me smile

I show up at everyone's favorite gig...the Crab Trap...Power up my set up....the MediaStation decided it didn't want to boot up... mad...It turns out not to be the hard drive, most likely the boot order or motherboard..I couldn't get into the Bios..I guess I have to talk with Dom..
For now the MS is packed away..Though it is great to use with the band..Combo mode and Media player...While in my final month with the band...the MS is not important for my solo use..

Next up Stu's wireless mic system goes south..I had to give up my mic for our lead singer.. smile

The stage was possessed..Audio pops all night long , no matter how we routed the wiring..
Time to get paid...$150 short...the owner decided, since we used a sub the night before..a fill in for Stu (BTW: the fill in is the highly regarded and longtime musical partner of mine Kath..she is one of the most popular girls in the business..My point being no one missed Stu)..Except the owner ..the same owner that I have lost respect for..They are use to throwing their power around...so much that the managers and personel ..all kiss up, and are afraid to voice an opinion..even when the powers to be are wrong.. shocked

Same night..my band mates decided quietly..not to invite me to Fox Park , Wildwood...the annual show. grin

So what have I decided to change...not the way I view the folks that do us wrong wink..but I am going to play the instrument that serves me best (the G70)..Any backing tracks (MP3's) my band mates will have to play on the BK5..I am not setting up a laptop..

I am not going to compromise, by playing a 61 key controller with a laptop...By the time I set the "light" set up..I could be playing the good set up.. smile

I am pretty much done dealing with people, that are not to my liking...People that I see, taking advantage of other folks..

All this may back fire on me...and I may have to be a roadie for Dave grin...after the CT boss hears my negative comments about him smile

PS: I am having dinner at the CrabTrap Monday night..best prime rib..anywhere. smile

#371432 - 09/01/13 02:29 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Boy, Im glad I went solo 18 years ago to avoid all the group & club gig BS! mad

Good luck Fran sorry to hear the frustrating news.
You and Kat should hit the trenches as a Duo.
clap keys singer clap

#371433 - 09/01/13 03:46 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Boy I second that no more of the drama. When I went solo my Gigs went thru the roof. I am completely
Sold out thru Jan 2014. I mean 85 gigs worth so go solo and forget all the drama.

#371438 - 09/01/13 05:58 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: musicforyourday]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Fran ... just think ... before too long these will be the 'good old days' ... bounce

I've said it SO many times ... 26 years with the same guys in NY and NEVER a problem with personalities ...
... and I MISS it ...

BTW ... did the crowd have just as good a time without Stu there??? ... are all the players names on the contract??? ... where does the owner get off short changing you like that??? I would play one more gig for the guy and leave after the first set, even if I didn't get paid ... let him go scrambling for a last minute replacement ...

Edited by tony mads usa (09/01/13 06:01 PM)

#371441 - 09/01/13 08:43 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: tony mads usa]
Fran Carango Offline

Tony, you're right..all this adds to the good old day memories smile

Actually..stuff doesn't phase me..I get over the little stuff..initially it bugs me when others are being unfairly targeted.. grin

In my old age..I speak out more than my younger days wink

#371442 - 09/01/13 08:51 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Boy, Im glad I went solo 18 years ago to avoid all the group & club gig BS! mad

Good luck Fran sorry to hear the frustrating news.
You and Kat should hit the trenches as a Duo.
clap keys singer clap

My long time stage partner, Kath..

Attachments
37298_1350074800766_5249804_n.jpg

#371479 - 09/02/13 01:04 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Fran Carango]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Do other musicians irritate me from time to time? Of course. (Pretty sure I irritate them, too, something you rarely hear from most on this forum!)

Can they outplay any arranger made? You bet they can!

That's a no-brainer where I come from.

#371484 - 09/02/13 01:34 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Diki]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
Do other musicians irritate me from time to time? Of course. (Pretty sure I irritate them, too, something you rarely hear from most on this forum!)

Can they outplay any arranger made? You bet they can!

That's a no-brainer where I come from.

But Diki, you irritate everyone, so to them it's just the normal you. wink And, you come from the UK if I recall. I'm not going there to hear those guys play, no matter how good they sound. I hope to find out this winter just how good the guys you play with regularly can really play. smile smile smile

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#371498 - 09/02/13 05:19 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: travlin'easy]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Subs are a part of the business. Occasionally one of your band members can't make a job. Was your contract (or non-contract deal) for X amount of pieces? Although these guys do what they want anyway. You have to fight back if you want what you should get, and most of the time it's not worth it, and not only do they know that, they count on it.

#371500 - 09/02/13 05:33 PM Re: One of those nights [Re: Fran Carango]
124 Offline

Just for the record, I don't find Diki irritating. I frequently crack a smile at his comments which, for the most part, are irritatingly accurate.

Oh, and the club owner guy that shorted you, Fran, well that brings to mind the old double-edged comment he needs to hear: "I'll certainly recommend you to my friends." wink

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online