SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#369365 - 07/20/13 11:24 AM What Korg has to do to get me back ...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I need the ability to feed audio signals INTO the Korg's internal speakers, at the same time as the processed mic WITH harmonizer. The new PA900 has an input that shuts off the ability to feed IN when you dedicate the input to a mic. This takes it out of the running for me, cuz I need to hear my iPad and/or guitar through the speakers.
Anyone in high places listening? Please go back to the way your PA80 worked, and give me that great TC harmonizer AS WELL as an aux in for the signal of my choosing!

I want one, but I can't use it unless I can get 2 signals at one, and not give up the harmonizer.
OK, get busy - these things are shipping to the US pretty soon!
smile

#369366 - 07/20/13 12:54 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
And I am sure Korg are hanging on your every word wink

Good luck with that though - they could create your own UD signature model keys Korg surely have been waiting for just this chance to get you as a featured artist wink

#369369 - 07/20/13 02:04 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: miden]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: miden
Korg surely have been waiting for just this chance to get you as a featured artist wink

If they REALLY knew what they were doing, they WOULD !!! rocker

#369370 - 07/20/13 02:13 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Dave

Perhaps a consideration would be a Pa600 and a Voicelive Touch 2. Feed the VLT 2 output into the Pa600.

The VLT2 also works out the harmony from either the Guitar the Aux input or the Midi signal from the Pa600 without changing any settings and is far more flexible than the on board VH in any of Korg's keyboards, plus guitar effects as a bonus.

The set up is also a lot cheaper. The UK price for the Pa600 was £800 plus £440 for the VLT2 against £1900 for the Pa900.

I was going to change my Pa600 and my VLT 1 for the Pa900 but was disappointed that the VH in the Pa900 was the old version not the one from the Pa3x so I opted for above set up, a few more cables but it works very well.

Regards

Col

Edited by Saswick (07/20/13 02:14 PM)

#369371 - 07/20/13 02:14 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: tony mads usa]
miden Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: miden
Korg surely have been waiting for just this chance to get you as a featured artist wink

If they REALLY knew what they were doing, they WOULD !!! rocker

laugh

#369377 - 07/20/13 09:42 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Col,
That's a useable scenario ... much like what I was using with my s-950 and Voicevive PlayGTX. I want to NOT carry a separate harmonizer. I want fast, neat, small, light and awesome.
Is that too much? (and thanx for the nod, Tony!)
I've had issues with compatibility with the Yamaha and outboard TC products .... I think there is rogue information pumping into the TC and forces lock-ups every now and then. I tried the Harmony-M (that got rave reviews from many zoners), but as a RH, follow my chords unit - it behaves very poorly. It only works well in chord mode, triggered from the arranger, and that's not the way I use it best. I need to send it my right hand info ... the search continues!

#369379 - 07/20/13 09:50 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
miden Offline

All jokes aside now - Dave did you set your upper part to either both, or EXT in driving the Harmony M?

I never had any issues with one when I had my Korgs - it worked fine. I used it for the same reason as you.. I was doing a similar thing in using audio in from a laptop and then an iPad.

Also ensure the Harm M has had the firmware upgrade - it does a few things, not the least of which is the chord recognition time is reduced by around 60%. Although it IS a complicated procedure so not many do it.

I kept my Harm M as it frees up totally what keyboard/software I want to use. No relying on the keyboard harmoniser.

Dennis

#369387 - 07/21/13 05:09 AM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
How about a PA3x?

#369390 - 07/21/13 06:34 AM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

PA3x? I sold them both .... can't get used to having no speakers. It's my Achilles heel. I'll play a keyaction that I admittedly hate, rather than one I love, and have to deal with a silent slab. Go figure. Dennis - I'm going to give the H-M one more try ... I had the RH set to just "UPPER" for midi transmit, filtered all CC's, and SysEx, turned off all things that could confuse it ... just never responded right to full chords - it seems fine with the arranger trigger though. A puzzlement.
smile

#369398 - 07/21/13 10:50 AM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Col,
I want fast, neat, small, light and awesome.
Is that too much?

... and RED hair... bounce

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
(and thanx for the nod, Tony!)

I report, YOU decide !!! ... keys

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online