SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#369297 - 07/18/13 03:55 PM Re: Just how important are ethics in this business? [Re: Diki]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Well said, Diki. The only thing I can add is, some of the dealers simply dropped the line, rather than sue, because they concentrated on the manufacturers and distributors who supported there efforts. In their opinion, when you add in availability and margin problems, plus no advertising co-op support, the line simply wasn't worth fighting for.

With these kinds of shenanigans, Ketron simply wasn't worth the time and aggravation.

Doubts? Just check with the West coast long time dealer and member here who doesn't sell the line anymore.

Russ

#369298 - 07/18/13 04:11 PM Re: Just how important are ethics in this business? [Re: captain Russ]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Russ,

Amazing how you kept back all these years until someone popped up being extremely enthusiastic about his Audya & spreading the word wherever he can.

Now, I cannot help but wonder what your TRUE motives really are... I hope you own slate is as clean as you make it appear to be buddy. Sooner or later the things we do tend to come back to haunt us.

Henni

#369300 - 07/18/13 05:24 PM Re: Just how important are ethics in this business? [Re: Henni]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Henni, I haven't kept back at all. Over the years, you'll find I have posted the same information every time the subject came up. I even responded to an inquiry here on the "zone" from a representative of the distributor. Outlined the incidents in detail. Everything suddenly went silent on their end.

Look, I have my opinions, which I know are conventional by any US business standard.

I'm not perfect, but that's not the point...in fact that has nothing to do with anything here.

You have the right to say whatever you want about the brand.

As an owner of 4 pieces of Ketron equipment, I WISH I were a supporter.

Considering business practices, the loss of the main dealer I counted on, and all the problems reported by others, I choose not only not to support them but to warn others about my experiences. I'm certainly not the only one who has first hand knowledge/experience in this sad scenario.

If it doesn't bother you, GREAT! Play on, and enjoy the hell out of the product and upgrade. That's your right.

Pointing out what I think are major negatives is my right.

You have chosen your path, and I have chosen mine. Believe me, there is no other motive at all, but to let people know of what I think are serious issues before they make a purchase. I only own one non Ketron arranger; an old (but unplayed) Roland X9 (I believe), so, from a financial standpoint, I'd be much better off as a supporter/player.

Considering your glowing review, I'd say, if either of us had a motive or method to our madness, it would be you.

You choose to play the brand.

I choose not to.

You are talking equipment.

I am talking business ethics.

We're not even on the same page.

Let's just drop it and move on.

Russ

#369301 - 07/18/13 05:33 PM Re: Just how important are ethics in this business? [Re: captain Russ]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Not that it is needed (hope you don't mind Russ wink ) but I can say that Russ speaks the truth.

I (and many others) have known about his stance on Ketrons (at a company level - nothing personal afaik) "laissez-faire" attitude towards official dealers for a long time.

Russ has posted publicly many times these issues over the past years. That you have not noticed or read them, is not really Russ' fault is it wink (no offence intended)

Dennis

#369308 - 07/18/13 07:16 PM Re: Just how important are ethics in this business? [Re: Diki]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Diki
BTW, I'm a HUGE fan of Mackie's ad copy and manuals!

YES! I agree - they have great information and it's FUNNY!

#369309 - 07/18/13 07:25 PM Re: Just how important are ethics in this business? [Re: captain Russ]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Russ & Dennis,

So how many times do you intend to "punish" this individual before you are finally satisfied... Do you receive same for your mistakes or do you not have any...

Henni

#369310 - 07/18/13 07:28 PM Re: Just how important are ethics in this business? [Re: captain Russ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Love the old Mackie ads and manuals. Haven't seen one in years though.
All right, Russ, I yield.
Are you ready for Plan B?
DonM

#369311 - 07/18/13 08:08 PM Re: Just how important are ethics in this business? [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Plan "B" - Looks like I need to buy a bigger boat! wink What the Hell, Carol will understand. smile (fingers crossed)

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#369315 - 07/18/13 09:15 PM Re: Just how important are ethics in this business? [Re: Henni]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote from Henni:

Hi Russ & Dennis,

So how many times do you intend to "punish" this individual before you are finally satisfied... Do you receive same for your mistakes or do you not have any...

Henni

Henni, don't drag me into this - I was only giving some corroboration to what Russ was saying smile It is the first and only comment I am making.

The "discussions" re the audya don't interest me one bit sorry wink

#369329 - 07/19/13 08:41 AM Re: Just how important are ethics in this business? [Re: captain Russ]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Russ,

Amazing how you kept back all these years until someone popped up being extremely enthusiastic about his Audya & spreading the word wherever he can.

Now, I cannot help but wonder what your TRUE motives really are... I hope you own slate is as clean as you make it appear to be buddy. Sooner or later the things we do tend to come back to haunt us.

Henni

Henni... this 'evangelism' has gone on long enough. To sit there and actually accuse a member here of some hidden agenda because he dares speak the truth (and that you are actually willfully unaware of the history of this subject demonstrates how you haven't even TRIED to research it, and simply stamped your own interpretation on it) about something you feel uncomfortable about is extremely low manners.

If you can't grasp that people feel differently about ethics as you do (you apparently care nothing about them), at least have the decency to allow them this without grafting some sort of ulterior motives on them. Russ is quite easily the most honest, generous and giving person on this forum, and any search backwards through his posts will easily show he lives an honest and forthright life.

To be honest, as evangelists, I find it disturbing that you would taint someone's reputation simply because they did not share your enthusiasm for a business entity. What kind of example is this you are setting? Is this how our Lord wants you to behave? Whatever happened to turning the other cheek?

I think you need to step back a little and re-examine this issue. You have allowed your enthusiasm for a pile of electronics to goad you into making a personal attack on a good man. The hell with Audya's ethics! Where are YOURS?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online