SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#365504 - 04/23/13 02:54 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
You have forgotten a few things though Diki

80% of computers in the world use Windows, whether at work or at play and people don’t like changing what they know?

People want free (Or to pay next to nothing) software of which there are 1000s for Windows, but very little for Mac.

Everybody has got plenty of mates that have Windows machines thus if they’re not sure how to do something in a program it’s just a quick call to find out, however with a Mac you are pretty much stuck with slow forums.

With the 1000s of different programs that people use (Many written in back rooms) it’s hardly surprising you get the occasional hiccup. (If the Mac was in the same position it would be no different)

Macs have been crafted to be a niche market (Not mass market) and this is why they can charge a fortune for very little, people just love paying for a designer label. (Try finding a Windows designer label)

Bill

#365509 - 04/23/13 05:01 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: abacus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
As with keyboards, PCs, Macs, and anything else in this world, buy and use what you like...
sheeesh ...

#365511 - 04/23/13 06:27 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
As with keyboards, PCs, Macs, and anything else in this world, buy and use what you like...
sheeesh ...

Yep smile

#365545 - 04/24/13 02:40 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
And don't recommend a change, if it isn't all it is supposed to be?

Guys, let's get over the 'platform wars'. Nobody is being coerced into changing. But for some of you that might by now be fed up of things going wrong with their PC, there's no harm in telling of an alternative that allows you to forget about the computer completely, and just get down to WORK...

You are all welcome to stay where you are. Makes no difference to me one way or the other. But helping members here with suggestions to avoid future grief seems to be the right thing to do. Whether received well or not.

As I said... when was the last time anyone with a Mac said they needed help..?

#365551 - 04/24/13 03:32 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: Diki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
This is not directed just at Diki by any means, but to ALL who responded AFTER Diki's comment about going to a MAC instead of a PC ...
SUGGESTIONS on this forum is what it is all about, and Lord knows, I have benefited by many of them (my new KORG Pa600 being a fine example) ...
BUT, I think there comes a time beyond the making of a suggestion and the posting of alternative views, when it just becomes a pissing match, and a contest to see who is going to have the last word ... between 30 - 35 posts after Diki's MAC suggestions were NOT about my PC problem, but about the pros and cons of PC vs MAC ... THAT is why I made my post above ...

IF I were in the market for a new computer system, and IF I was willing to spend the extra $$$ then a MAC might be a consideration ...
BUT, I am a guy who worked for the same company for 40 years (and am now reaping the benefits in retirement), I will be married to the same woman for 50 years come November (she is destined for Sainthood grin ) , I have lived in only two houses since 1973, and had owned only 2 technics keyboards since 1992, until I bought the KORG in January ... so one might say I am not too prone to 'change' ... rotfl
HOWEVER, I do appreciate the suggestions and hope they keep coming, but the 'pissing matches' not so much ...

#365554 - 04/24/13 04:49 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA

Edited by travlin'easy (04/24/13 04:52 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#365556 - 04/24/13 06:19 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
I was wondering how long it would take for that to appear wink

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online