SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#364925 - 04/14/13 09:35 AM Winamp Problem
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Can anyone tell me how to stop Winamp (v 5.572) from automatically playing the next song? Manual playback advance is unchecked. (if it's checked, the current song will stop, but the next song will not queue up) Thanks for any help.

#365027 - 04/16/13 09:13 AM Re: Winamp Problem [Re: GlennT]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Hi Glenn. If you are using the Bento layout make sure the toggle switch next to the 'lightening bolt' is set to Repeat: Off

Go into Options/Preferences/Playlist and make sure 'Manual playlist advance' is checked i.e. enabled. Then close out of Preferences and then close Winamp. Re-open Winamp and auto-play should now be disabled.

PS: The newest version of Winamp is 5.63 so you might want to upgrade is you still have problems using Winamp 5.572.

What is New in Winamp 5.63?

Wireless desktop sync with Winamp for Android™ iTunes Library Import

Major podcast overhaul including new directory powered by Mediafly

New Windows 7 support including taskbar player controls

Available in 16 languages including Turkish, Romanian & Brazilian Portuguese

Improved playlist generator

Add the Winamp Toolbar and control playback from your browser (optional)

All the best, Mike

#365214 - 04/18/13 07:34 PM Re: Winamp Problem [Re: keybplayer]
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Thanks for the reply and help, Mike. That works, (no song repeat) but it then no longer advances to queue up the next song. Strange thing is, it use to. Don't know what I accidentally did or what happened, but it will only advance with manual advance unchecked, but then immediately plays the next song.

#365548 - 04/24/13 03:06 PM Re: Winamp Problem [Re: GlennT]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Okay, now I understand your situation Glenn. I tried several different settings within the Winamp preferences but I was unable to get it to do what you want. If you said you were able to do it previously then there must be a setting or configuration that's being overlooked. I also did a google search but was unable to find a solution. Winamp.com has a help section that may provide an answer to your particular situation. If I find the solution I'll be sure to pass it on.

All the best, Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online