SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#365455 - 04/22/13 03:25 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Dnj
So if Mac would lower their prices they would be the leaders in consumer computer use if they are that much better...seems like a logical business decision and a financial plus for them.

And Mercedes, if they would only lower their prices, would be the best selling car on the planet..? LOL

Maybe diamonds ought to be cheaper, too... Then we could use them on the soles of our shoes!

#365456 - 04/22/13 03:31 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: abacus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Meanwhile, back to the topic ...
Without getting into a PC vs. Mac discussion - I can't comment on Mac 'cause I've never owned one - but I tried the link posted by cass ... I followed all the steps and after I got a message saying that the change to the registry didn't go through (for whatever reason it gave me) I went back to My Documents, clicked on the 'New Folder' in the top pane and VOILA!!! - there was a NEW FOLDER !!! repeated the action and there was a second NEW FOLDER ... did a right click, went to NEW and there at the top of the list was FOLDER ...
Don't know what I did or didn't do, but as long as it is working and nothing else is screwed up, I am fine with it ... now back to music stuff ... rocker

#365457 - 04/22/13 03:33 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

It's about money....nobody cares.....its a slow milking of human finances over and over again....in 10years...Mac & pc will be obsolete too.

#365458 - 04/22/13 03:41 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Offline

And so will all our arrangers! Strange, I'm not reading a lot about the slow milking of human finances where overpriced arrangers are concerned...

We'll happily pay $4k for a new Tyros, with a bare handful of new sounds and styles, but $1000 for a computer you'll NEVER have to ask desperately for help to make it do the most basic of things?

It's about money... REALLY?

#365460 - 04/22/13 04:06 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

who is paying 4k for a t4 anyway these days??

#365461 - 04/22/13 04:17 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

now back to music stuff ... rocker

...or NOT ... duel

#365468 - 04/23/13 01:33 AM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy

#365472 - 04/23/13 03:27 AM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
No, ”we” will NEVER pay 4000$ on an arranger, neither will the high price have much to do with asking (or not) for help. wink

#365500 - 04/23/13 01:41 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Offline

Sorry, but I know of some that have paid that high (not everybody shops online at Frank's!), and we are quibbling over $500? Certainly, $3500 is nothing to sneeze at either!

The point being, despite the T4 being considerably more expensive than say a PA3X, you don't hear any T4 users seeming to mind to the point that they would change.

But slap an extra $500 on a computer (and there are Mac products like the iMac's and Mini's that can get down pretty close to PC prices as long as you don't buy bargain basement shoddy ones) and all of a sudden, it's 'milking the public' and you all keep using a system that gives you constant grief.

Me, I don't get it. How much is peace of mind and the ability to forget you are using a computer, and simply concentrate on what you want to do with it worth to you? Apparently, not very much!

#365502 - 04/23/13 02:47 PM Re: PC help needed [Re: tony mads usa]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tony,
happy to read you've now got it working.

Something drastically went wrong with my laptop the other day.
Fortunately I had a very recent full backup, so reloaded win7 & the backup, now working again.
Not that I knew what I was doing, so probably overkill , but I had nothing to lose. I keep all my files on SD cards ( not in the laptop) & all my programs on external hard drives.
So just a case of loading a few programs back in should the worst happen again.
A couple of years ago , I dropped my laptop, broke the hard drive, & to my horror the 6 month old back up drive that my laptop was backed up on , was faulty. Weeks of work finding & sorting all my programs & files from dozens of DVD roms.

I'd tried 2 or 3 earlier system restore points, ( latest to earliest) none worked for me either.

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Meanwhile, back to the topic ...
Without getting into a PC vs. Mac discussion - I can't comment on Mac 'cause I've never owned one - but I tried the link posted by cass ... I followed all the steps and after I got a message saying that the change to the registry didn't go through (for whatever reason it gave me) I went back to My Documents, clicked on the 'New Folder' in the top pane and VOILA!!! - there was a NEW FOLDER !!! repeated the action and there was a second NEW FOLDER ... did a right click, went to NEW and there at the top of the list was FOLDER ...
Don't know what I did or didn't do, but as long as it is working and nothing else is screwed up, I am fine with it ... now back to music stuff ... rocker

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online