SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
Topic Options
#364214 - 04/02/13 12:38 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Diki]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: Diki

THERE IS NO USE FOR THE VARIATION BUTTONS DURING SMF PLAYBACK.

Use THEM for four Markers while the arranger is in SMF play mode.

It's NOT rocket science, guys!

Ah but that would be copying another manufacture that uses this feature and beyond. (So probably not unique enough as every manufacture try’s to be different)

Bill

#364217 - 04/02/13 01:45 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Every manufacturer has Stop Start and Fill buttons too. There's no patent on how you make double duty of arranger buttons. Doesn't seem like there's much in the way of any patents at all, as Korg lifted the Chord Sequencer from Roland, or the way that multi-pad ideas spread...

And no-one has ASKED me to help with arranger design. Be happy to if asked!

#364220 - 04/02/13 02:11 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Don't you think in technology alone its years ahead of the older G70 ?

other than that ..what is there to improve on? smile

I hope not,... surprised that's not saying much in the improvement department for Roland after all these years since the G70 was released?.

Why would you think that?

If the "old" G70 was just released as is..it would still more than compete with the competition..It only lacks the media player...It still outshines the rest in stage friendliness, touch screen functions, make up tools, and the best sequencer...on top of that a harmonizer that I would not trade for any TC Helicon on board offering...and the drawbar organ...

Added up...like I said wht is there to improve on smile

#364221 - 04/02/13 02:45 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Well I guess your right Fran.....accolades to Roland for producing something that truly can last the test of time.
Personally I think Roland has the most "NATURAL" "REALISTIC" sounds out of ANY unit on the market,.....this E50 I've been playing this week is a wake up call to how good Roland sounds are.
I forgot all this, but it certainly brought back good thoughts from my G1000, G70, E50, E60 days....... headphone

#364228 - 04/02/13 04:32 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Basically, a G70 with the BK-9's CS, new sounds and new features would still be the top dog of pro arrangers...

And the hell with the weight.

#364235 - 04/02/13 06:33 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Fran Carango]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Why would you think that?

If the "old" G70 was just released as is..it would still more than compete with the competition..It only lacks the media player...It still outshines the rest in stage friendliness, touch screen functions, make up tools, and the best sequencer...on top of that a harmonizer that I would not trade for any TC Helicon on board offering...and the drawbar organ...

Added up...like I said wht is there to improve on smile

Apart from the drawbar organ .... rotf2 to the rest

#364238 - 04/02/13 06:42 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

LOL, Dennis... you missing the Makeup Tools while you struggle with style and sequence editing in the PA3x? rotf2

But ADD what's new from the BK-9 to the G70, you have one hell of an arranger.

Yep, no sampler. What percentage of arranger players outside the Middle East uses one, anyway?

Yes, no multi-pads (but maybe some sync'd audio loops).

At the price point of the BK-9, only the Korg comes close. At the price of formidable complexity. Sonically, we've already heard much praise for the BK's drum and bass sound, and its styles. This arranger adds another 600 sounds to the BK's list. Should be interesting. And another bunch of styles.

My interest has been piqued...

#364242 - 04/02/13 07:28 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Diki
LOL, Dennis... you missing the Makeup Tools while you struggle with style and sequence editing in the PA3x? rotf2

But ADD what's new from the BK-9 to the G70, you have one hell of an arranger.

Yep, no sampler. What percentage of arranger players outside the Middle East uses one, anyway?

Yes, no multi-pads (but maybe some sync'd audio loops).

At the price point of the BK-9, only the Korg comes close. At the price of formidable complexity. Sonically, we've already heard much praise for the BK's drum and bass sound, and its styles. This arranger adds another 600 sounds to the BK's list. Should be interesting. And another bunch of styles.

My interest has been piqued...

Never struggled with the sequencer and style tools EVER wink Especially 32 bars of variation content rotf2

And the PA series can do things that Roland owners can only dream about smile and complexity of keyboards is a VERY subjective thing as well you know!

As for the BK9, well, my interest has waned significantly. I am still reserving judgement until the manual appears..but at the price point (which is significantly higher than those here are assuming) it is not in my sights at all.
Pricing can not be based soley on exchange rates, as Roland adopted some time back, a worldwide pricing policy, that does not use exchange rates at all, rather they are formulas based on the country of destination, and to allow the same profit margins to ALL dealers worldwide. So it is all weighted.

In Australia for example, the BK9 will retail at between $2800-3000. And with the worldwide pricing policy there is far less "wiggle room" for dealers, so the best "street will be around $2500-2600.

And add to all, that the Juno Stage keybed - which apart from slightly longer keys, carries the same spring action and travel of the GW8 - which was awful to play piano on, and the BK will be just the same.

Nah, this is one for the Roland tragics I think smile

#364249 - 04/02/13 11:53 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Dnj]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
....this E50 I've been playing this week is a wake up call to how good Roland sounds are.

That is a very stretched statement! smile
I agree Roland can sound good (G70 and E80) but E50 is not really a prove of that. Not at all. But that is just my ears and I might be wrong.

I had hopes for BK9, but the lack of a vocal harmonizer (?) and the price possibly going over 2000 euro - no competition for the coming PA900 I'm afraid.

We'll see what future holds...

#364250 - 04/03/13 12:06 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

It's got a VH...

I doubt the PA900 will come in a 76, though.

Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online