SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#363412 - 03/19/13 12:27 AM Re: style converting [Re: baz66]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Hey Baz, where on the east coast of Australia are you? Dunno if you know the song "Downhearted" by Australian Crawl. I helped record the very first version of that song with "The Flatheads" in a garage in Melbourne, Aus before Crawl picked it up to put it on their first album.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Crawl

#363463 - 03/19/13 04:45 PM Re: style converting [Re: Nigel]
baz66 Offline

Loc: Australia E coast
A little town called Urunga near coffs harbour. 2 rivers nearby for fishing and idealist temperature most of the year. Moved from Sydney 10 years ago when I retired from a heart condition.
For 15 years in Sydney, I was part of a group of keyboarders who got together twice each month at each others house to talk and play. There were mostly kn's but1 sultan owner and a korg owner. The info passed back and forth was terrific.
I can't seem to get the same thing going here sadly.
baz

#363971 - 03/28/13 10:26 PM Re: style converting [Re: baz66]
baz66 Offline

Sorry Nigel. I want to give you something decent but I'm stuck understanding what I'm doing wrong on the intro because it is a different key. I can't play Amin for the beginning or the C.
Back to more reading.
baz

#363994 - 03/29/13 07:10 AM Re: style converting [Re: Nigel]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Nigel
Hey Baz, where on the east coast of Australia are you? Dunno if you know the song "Downhearted" by Australian Crawl. I helped record the very first version of that song with "The Flatheads" in a garage in Melbourne, Aus before Crawl picked it up to put it on their first album.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Crawl

rotfl ... how many times have we seen guys trying to dance with young girls like that ??? dancers

#364027 - 03/29/13 08:37 PM Re: style converting [Re: tony mads usa]
baz66 Offline

Her name was Lola. She was a showgirl.Sadly
baz

#364089 - 03/31/13 05:19 AM Re: style converting [Re: baz66]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Baz, I had a suspicion it was the Baz Murf I knew from Hassall Grove some years ago.
The Creative Keyboard Club is still going strong. Bill and Bobby are playing "up there" and Alf cannot drive at night, so we have lost a few and gained 3 newies and meet every three weeks now.
Keith (Soltan, and still got it) has just bought a Tyros 4 and I have a KN 7000 and so has my bro. Don. Jim has a bit more interest in computers and photos now but still plays.
I have followed the Korg Pa3xpro with a great deal of interest as a replacement in case my Technics goes ape.
Good to hear you have not lost interest in the music.
There are some good guys here who can help you with most problems. I have received a lot of help in the past. My trouble is I am a player (and a lover)not a technician.

Regards Ray (from Castle Hill)
dance

Edited by The Saint (03/31/13 05:20 AM)

#364102 - 03/31/13 03:47 PM Re: style converting [Re: The Saint]
baz66 Offline

Wow Ray.
It's good to hear the old mates are still going.
Please look up my email and send me any news.I have tried to get the same sort of club going here but no interest so far.
My poor old kn6000 got a slight problem so I got a Yamaha 710. great little KB. I decided I wanted more challenge so I bought a korg pa3x. I got the challenge part. Haven't quite conquered it yet.
There is also a phone NO in my profile if you or the others want to call. I'd like to hear what everybody has.
It's lonely up here where no one seems to play
baz murf

#364276 - 04/03/13 08:55 AM Re: style converting [Re: baz66]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
".j . . One is the loneliest number . . ."
smile
DonM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online