SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#360605 - 02/06/13 04:08 PM I'm done!
analogcontrolfreak Offline

No more buying or collecting anything, anymore. I am losing interest and, I have way too much stuff. I am stopping with collecting records. I'm not getting rid of what I have. I'm just not going to buy anymore. Same thing with synthesizers, and music. I am done. I am not going to buy anymore, since I am never going to play, or have any desire to. I don't see the point of buying something if it's just going to sit there. I know I am never going to play a musical instrument. I have no interest, desires talent or ambition. So, that's it! I am going to leave here too because I am done. Its, no longer fun around here anymore. It was fun while it lasted. So I wish everyone well, and good luck!

The freak has left the building!

Peace! Paul

#360625 - 02/07/13 01:02 AM Re: I'm done! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Paul, so sorry you feel that way. Are you gonna do anything else now or you just planning on sitting in front of the TV? juggle

#360627 - 02/07/13 02:31 AM Re: I'm done! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

I got rid of cable four years ago! TV wasn't doing it for me either! I don't know what I am going to do?

#360691 - 02/07/13 09:08 AM Re: I'm done! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Paul, please feel free to drop me a line anytime you just want to visit. I'm sort of a "pack rat" and understand.

Lots of folks here feel the same, I'm sure.

Be well,

Russ

#360703 - 02/07/13 11:57 AM Re: I'm done! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Nigel: The problem I have is that my brain and body do not work well together. I can hear a song in my head, but I can not play it on the keyboard. I took piano lessons, but hated to practice, and would do anything to get out of practicing. I thought learning to play the piano would be fun, but it was not. If I had any talent, or desire, that would be something, but I have neither. I tend to get frustrated very easily. I tired learning through Garageband, but it was not motivating me to want to play. My biggest problem is that I want to be instantly good, without practicing, but I know it does not work that way. I can't blame the technology, I can only blame myself.

Russ: Thank You! when I look at all of the crap I have accumulated over the years, it drives me crazy. I have too much stuff, and I don't want any more. I need to bring some order to my chaos. Basically if something new comes in something old has to go. I know it's bad, when I try to keep my house clean, but then it just gets messed up again, and the I get frustrated, and too lazy to want to take care of it.

My typical day, is get up, shower, get ready to go to work, work nine hours a day, have dinner with my parents, come home and plop myself in front of the computer, bouncing between Facebook and Youtube. Occasionally, I will do a video, but not always. My day's off I will either spend with my father, going antiquing to buy stuff to resell or I will do nothing the entire day. Sometimes I will get up with a plan, but then my brain laughs at me and says your not going to do that. I hate my stupid brain.

Honestly I don't know why I behave this way? Maybe I need attention or validation? I don't know.

Anyway, thank you both! You're the best!

Paul

#360740 - 02/07/13 06:43 PM Re: I'm done! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

I want out!

#360751 - 02/07/13 10:22 PM Re: I'm done! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I'm surprised you haven't bought an arranger keyboard. You can get one that sounds good very cheaply. You can make some fun music with almost no experience. And then that will encourage you to start picking out simple melodies with your right hand over the musical backing.

On day one you can start making music which can develop over time. Total musical fun with no pressure to practice.

#360756 - 02/08/13 01:19 AM Re: I'm done! [Re: Nigel]
SpclEd Offline

Loc: South Central USA
Don't blame you. Wish you the best of luck and a long healthy life. Mostly nice guys here but tough group. Very close to the chest, no open hands or hearts IMO.

I think this is my swan song for the Synth Zone, Cheers.

#360757 - 02/08/13 03:24 AM Re: I'm done! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Thank You Ed! I just miss the old days, when there was more traffic on here, then there is now.

Nigel: Do you think that would help? When I do play, I keep playing the same songs over and over again, and I keep getting into a rut! The funny thing is, I want to play like Dave Brubeck, but I'm more like John Cage.

#360824 - 02/08/13 04:26 PM Re: I'm done! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

I want to sound like Jon Lennon but feel more like John Cage!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online