SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#360532 - 02/06/13 07:46 AM Re: Who is Gigging Valentines Day? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
And, that's why I love my job as a musician/entertainer. Down here in Paradise I unload the gear from the boat to the R&R Cart, then push it 100 feet down the dock to the Tiki Hut and set up. Today, I'm doing a happy hour at Sombrero Resort, so a friend from Maryland that lives here during winter is going to pick me up with his pickup truck and transport me to the resort, a distance of about 2 miles by land, but just across the harbor by boat. The two miles may take up to 10 minutes to commute to the resort.

When I'm at home in Maryland, it's rare when I drive more than 10 minutes to the jobs. There are at least three more retirement communities being built within 5 miles of home, and another two that are being expanded. This translates into more and more playing opportunities at higher pay scales than we could have ever dreamed of in the nite-club/restaurant/bar circuit. Ya gotta love it!

Gary cool

PS: Steve, get the Hell off that interstate before it kills you. wink

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#360533 - 02/06/13 07:48 AM Re: Who is Gigging Valentines Day? [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

that means no 110 mile round trip commute in metro Boston/I95 traffic.....

Hopefully retirement from the day job is not too far off, Steve ...

When the company I worked for relocated to RI, the first thing I did NOT miss was the minimum 1 hour and 15 minute commute into Manhattan ...

T, December 31, 2013 is the target date at least from the full time gig. The frim wants me to stay on a consultant basis. Not sure I want to maintain the ties with the headaches that could go along with that arrangement. Time will tell. Yea that had to be a horror commuting to Manhattan versus the nice drive from EG to Johnston.

#360539 - 02/06/13 08:13 AM Re: Who is Gigging Valentines Day? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
And, that's why I love my job as a musician/entertainer. Down here in Paradise I unload the gear from the boat to the R&R Cart, then push it 100 feet down the dock to the Tiki Hut and set up. Today, I'm doing a happy hour at Sombrero Resort, so a friend from Maryland that lives here during winter is going to pick me up with his pickup truck and transport me to the resort, a distance of about 2 miles by land, but just across the harbor by boat. The two miles may take up to 10 minutes to commute to the resort.

When I'm at home in Maryland, it's rare when I drive more than 10 minutes to the jobs. There are at least three more retirement communities being built within 5 miles of home, and another two that are being expanded. This translates into more and more playing opportunities at higher pay scales than we could have ever dreamed of in the nite-club/restaurant/bar circuit. Ya gotta love it!

Gary cool

Gary the dream will be over soon and you'll be back on the high seas to reality again back in MD!....take videos of paradise now so you can enjoy them next winter when it's snowing here, .. surprised cool2

#360545 - 02/06/13 08:24 AM Re: Who is Gigging Valentines Day? [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
And, that's why I love my job as a musician/entertainer.
Gary cool

Getting close Gary! bounce

#360547 - 02/06/13 08:35 AM Re: Who is Gigging Valentines Day? [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
And, that's why I love my job as a musician/entertainer.
Gary cool

Getting close Gary! bounce

"DITTO" clap

#360588 - 02/06/13 12:44 PM Re: Who is Gigging Valentines Day? [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Paul, I LOVE to play vibes and do it gladly for sideman dough whenever I can. I'm now the only one who is playing club dates with vibes.

Lovely sound....great to play.

Russ

#361328 - 02/14/13 06:02 AM Re: Who is Gigging Valentines Day? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

#361330 - 02/14/13 08:02 AM Re: Who is Gigging Valentines Day? [Re: Dnj]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Haha, I'm with Uncle Dave, I would not consider Me And Mrs. Jones a Valentines Day song by any stretch! I like the song and actually began working on it to play at gigs but a love song, it ain't. Seems to be there are a bazzillion other songs one could play that do not portray betrayal.

#361335 - 02/14/13 09:25 AM Re: Who is Gigging Valentines Day? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

hmmm ... many guys would be considered a 'prince' if they took their loved one to a 'castle' for dinner ... but to WHITE CASTLE ????? ... I think not ... grin wave

#361336 - 02/14/13 10:01 AM Re: Who is Gigging Valentines Day? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Was my first date......long story..lol

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online