SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#35947 - 08/14/10 01:58 AM Few Audya questions
KK-Studio Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hello to every Audya owner!

I bought an Audya a month ago and I completely love it! But I have e few questions.
Do you guys have noticed that hihat changes "PAN" from right to left sometimes? This is very annoying to me because i do many recordings on DAW. I havent yet got the usb pen drive, hopefully this one fixes this problem. I currently have the OS 4.1A.

And one thing I cant understand is when I push the 2nd voice button, the second voice doesn't sound anything. The light is lit but no sound comes. I'm a former Tyros 2 and 3 owner so there are many new things to learn with a new brand. So do i have to do anything else to activate the second voice or is there some setting wrong or the keyboard are wrong?

/KK-Studio Sweden

#35948 - 08/14/10 07:02 AM Re: Few Audya questions
leezone Offline

KK,

i don't have answers to your questios, but i have a question for you

being a former Tyros 2/3 owner can you give your honest opinion on differences between AUDYA & Yammy?

what you like? difference?
overall impressions... which you prefer
etc...

thanks a bunch

#35949 - 08/14/10 10:29 AM Re: Few Audya questions
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Quote:
Originally posted by KK-Studio:

I bought an Audya a month ago and I completely love it! But I have e few questions.
Do you guys have noticed that hihat changes "PAN" from right to left sometimes? This is very annoying to me because i do many recordings on DAW. I havent yet got the usb pen drive, hopefully this one fixes this problem. I currently have the OS 4.1A.

And one thing I cant understand is when I push the 2nd voice button, the second voice doesn't sound anything. The light is lit but no sound comes. I'm a former Tyros 2 and 3 owner so there are many new things to learn with a new brand. So do i have to do anything else to activate the second voice or is there some setting wrong or the keyboard are wrong?

/KK-Studio Sweden

Its reall strange haw diferent Audyas beahve diferent from one to one.With the same OS some Audyas wont work properly.In my case with new OS and with new Sound and Styles Audya dont want to show folders on the right site of the main scren sometimes.Also haw problems vith harmoniser cos dont want to work sometime.In previos OS I haw no problem with that cinde of trouble.
Maby we must discus about that more times.I really dont setisfied jet....

[This message has been edited by Dusan (edited 08-14-2010).]

#35950 - 08/14/10 10:46 AM Re: Few Audya questions
fozzie Offline

Quote:

/KK-Studio Sweden

[This message has been edited by fozzie (edited 08-14-2010).]

#35951 - 08/14/10 10:25 PM Re: Few Audya questions
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

/KK-Studio Sweden

KK

I have never heard of the second voice not working, suggest you turn all the other sliders down to the bottom, then turn the second voice slider up to full and try all the second voices, well not all but a few out of each set of voices, if you still do not get any sound, take the KB back.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35952 - 08/15/10 05:08 AM Re: Few Audya questions
KK-Studio Offline

Loc: Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
KK

I have never heard of the second voice not working, suggest you turn all the other sliders down to the bottom, then turn the second voice slider up to full and try all the second voices, well not all but a few out of each set of voices, if you still do not get any sound, take the KB back.

Tony

Yes, I have done that. In the mainscreen-view i can see that the volume is correct when i move the sliders. But the second voice doesn't get activated some how.
Bought my Audya second hand so getting it back to store is not possible.

One thing that is very annoying that Ketron has made that you can only use GM-sounds as 2nd voice, very stupid mistake. Why oh why?

To Leezone:
I would prefer to own them both. I like more the yammies brass, sax and klarinets. The Super Articulation 2 is more superior to Audyas "blow-sounds" (supersolos). Very annoying to use the Supersolos, would prefer to have them in the stock voice section. Not that u have to load the to the RAM. But i got tired of Yammies polished rhytm-section sound. Audyas rhytm-section is so "in-your-face-live". I can take more payed now for backing tracks i make, people think that it's a live band ;-).
If Yamaha starts to go the same way that Ketron does and include live-rhytm-section, I would change back to Yamaha. I have been reading a month here in the forum about everybodys different problems with the Audya, and I'm starting to realize that Ketron hasn's got the capacity to bring this new technology to a succesfull conclusion.
But I still hope! The Tyros3 is sold and it's not coming back.

Dusan:
I have also come to same point that how come some Audyas behave so differently? I haven't tried the vocalizer yet because I don't use it, mine Audya is only in my studio. Better check it if also there can be a little problems.
Can you guys have attention to the panning hihat? Best to notice it will be with headphones. Here is a test example so you can hear it how it behaves:
http://www.box.net/shared/p3vm4k6e7z

01.17 to 01.27 it's panned to the left. Then again in 01.48 to 01.58. I started just to realize that it's a 10second interval on both times!

/KK

#35953 - 08/15/10 11:06 AM Re: Few Audya questions
Dusan Offline

KK,
I am glad(on some strange way)cos ather users of Audyas recognize a diference betven the same instruments.Vocaliser is not my general problem but I discover day to day a new-call them Bugs.
Some increnible things:
-if you check program Piano voices you can fined a Sreings&Piano voice.If you want to hear that voice you recognize only Piano.
Strings dont work.But whay? You must look at it cerfoly and you can fined reason for that.
Chouce that voice and pres Edit.After edit windov aper chouce a Control button.Naw you can see vertical colum for Strings voice.Your atention must be on Range colum and here you can se bouth renge is set to C2.
Ofcos that Strings sound cant work.Set new renge and they work perfect.
What I really want to say:that cinde mistakes or bether Bugs is not excepteble for that cinde of factory like Ketron is.That is simple- superficiality(cant remember bether word).

#35954 - 08/15/10 11:22 AM Re: Few Audya questions
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Dusan:
KK,
I am glad(on some strange way)cos ather users of Audyas recognize a diference betven the same instruments.Vocaliser is not my general problem but I discover day to day a new-call them Bugs.
Some increnible things:
-if you check program Piano voices you can fined a Sreings&Piano voice.If you want to hear that voice you recognize only Piano.
Strings dont work.But whay? You must look at it cerfoly and you can fined reason for that.
Chouce that voice and pres Edit.After edit windov aper chouce a Control button.Naw you can see vertical colum for Strings voice.Your atention must be on Range colum and here you can se bouth renge is set to C2.
Ofcos that Strings sound cant work.Set new renge and they work perfect.
What I really want to say:that cinde mistakes or bether Bugs is not excepteble for that cinde of factory like Ketron is.That is simple- superficiality(cant remember bether word).

Dusan,

don't think that this is a bug. This is a program if you work in piano mode. There are a couple of such programs.

Joe

#35955 - 08/15/10 12:42 PM Re: Few Audya questions
Dusan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe0710:
Dusan,

don't think that this is a bug. This is a program if you work in piano mode. There are a couple of such programs.

Joe

Joe,I dont thing that is a bug.I just call that cinde of mistakes so.That sound cant work even in piano mode cos bouth parameters in Range is set to C2.Parameter for ich sound must be separated.For exsample from C2 to C5 in ather way dont work.

#35956 - 08/15/10 01:19 PM Re: Few Audya questions
Dusan Offline

And anather BUG:
swich kyboard to Piano mode.Turn to off Key start,Key stop and Hold in aranger section.
Play gently something and with right or left hand push harder on kayboard keys.If you lacky you just activated Drums in aranger section.....What the f*** is this?Bug maby?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online