SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 17 of 17 < 1 2 15 16 17
Topic Options
#357670 - 12/26/12 11:31 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Diki,

I'll admit to one thing: The G70 has AWESOME styles. Like someone commented somewhere else, Roland does not need Mega, or SA or Live or any other type of souped up voices to create GREAT styles. They use standard off the shelf midi voices and do a great job with it.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

You got Tinnitus as well Hennie, need to get it checked out rotf2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357680 - 12/27/12 01:22 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The thing that really ticked me off about the G70 was that it had something VERY much like the Korg Guitar Mode. It automatically voiced guitar chords for correct notes, and would also move up or down the neck, depending on where in the Chord Recognition area you played the chord. Amazing...! It would do fast strums, up and down, slow strums, picking patterns, thumps, squeaks, you name it.

But they forgot to finish it! It ended up being a realtime feature only. Unlike Korg, they never set the arranger section up so you could use it as part of a style. You could ONLY play it in realtime, or record it into an SMF.

Facepalm..! computer

I think part of the problem was that it needed a 'guide' track - the notes other than the chord that determined whether you got an upstroke, downstroke, choke, etc.. Problem back then was, Roland's could only have ONE 'drum Track' in a style. A non-transposing track. Because if you change key, transpose, etc., you don't want those 'trigger notes' to move, or you'd get an upstroke when there should be a choke, etc..

Thing is, modern Roland's CAN have multiple Drum Tracks. The very thing that was needed to make the feature work is now a standard part of the OS.

But where did the Guitar Mode go to?

Sometimes, I think Roland use their arranger division as a place to banish their most incompetent designers to, if they can't fire them! The list of dropped great features is longer than the current list of them...

#358591 - 01/12/13 11:47 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

This is how the Audya sounds with non Ketron, non professional 3rd party styles converted for it, same as for any other brand, only tweaked just a little...

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

Page 17 of 17 < 1 2 15 16 17

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online