Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#357885 - 12/29/12 05:21 AM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Tonewheeldude]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
hmm reminds me of something I used to play with when I was aged 7

Hey, this is supposed to be a family-friendly forum smile .

chas

#357897 - 12/29/12 09:11 AM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Tony Hughes]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

I use Garneir Nutreese, #60, Acorn, which looks very natural, takes just 8 minutes to apply just prior to taking a shower, lasts for about 20 washings. Prices vary from $6 to $8, and you can always find cupons in the mailers that offer up to $3 off the price.

I do NOT recommend using some of the men's hair coloring agents - they look like shoe polish, or worse yet, a sharpie. eek I just wish I had more hair to dye.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#357899 - 12/29/12 09:28 AM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

All it does it draw more attention to you....nobody is fooled...
but hey if it makes you feel confident go for it....but seeing a 80 year old man with jet black hair is a bit much...
just isn't natural. Same thing with plastic surgery.surprised
less is more IMO. wink

Carry On

Attachments
images.jpg

#357918 - 12/29/12 11:51 AM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
HIJACK??? rotfl laugh2

#357920 - 12/29/12 11:57 AM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Tony Hughes]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hee hee, Kenny Rogers looks like the ape from "Harry and the Hendersons"!

#357921 - 12/29/12 11:59 AM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Hee hee, Kenny Rogers looks like the ape from "Harry and the Hendersons"!

OUCH!! surprised rotfl

#357924 - 12/29/12 12:08 PM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Tony Hughes]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
He's not aging well - is he in good health?

#357928 - 12/29/12 12:15 PM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Kenny regrets plastic surgery..

Surgery Interview

#357932 - 12/29/12 12:37 PM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: Tony Hughes]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Interesting hijack. I've always prided myself in my appearance, both on the job and off. On the job, especially during the cooler months, I ALWAYS wear a satin shirt, matching tie, silk vest, black slacks, highly polished shoes, clean shaven, good hair-cut, and yes, I really do dye my hair and mustache. Granted, I don't look like I'm 50 years old, and that's just fine. But, when people ask my age and I tell them I'm 72 they usually say you look much younger. Is it the hair and mustache? I doubt it. But, my overall appearance and attire seem to make a difference.

Down here in Paradise there are a lot of wannabe entertainers, have guitar will travel types, many of which seem to think that appearance doesn't count. They dress in ragged-assed jeans that often look like they just changed their car's oil and wiped the hands on the trousers, a tee-shirt with something really dumb printed on the back and front, work-boots, and of course, some really dumb-looking, straw, cowboy hat that a real cowboy wouldn't be caught dead wearing.

Then we have those that wear baggy shorts that look like they could have a friend in them as well, a scuzzy-looking shirt that appears to have been slept on for a couple days before wearing, and a baseball cap that for some reason the bill is off to one side or another.

Many of those in the above two categories don't seem to know which end of the razor blade to use, but they all have at least a half-dozen piercings. Yep, gotta have those ear rings, nose rings, lip rings, tongue thingies, and of course, every square inch of their exposed skin is covered with some sort of tattoo. Yes-sir - really classy looking entertainers.

Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but as long as I have been an entertainer I've adhered to the "dress your best for the occasion" policy. When I was playing the nite-club circuit in Baltimore's Little Italy I wore a tux every night. You would be amazed at the number entertainers in Baltimore that still think jeans, a tee shirt and sneakers is their entertainment attire. Then they wonder why they don't seem to get the number of jobs the well dressed entertainers get. Amazing.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (12/29/12 12:40 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#357934 - 12/29/12 12:47 PM Re: OLD KIT WITH NICE SOUNDS [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary ...you shouldn't be surprised as society as a whole has let is all happen in the last 30 + years, in all walks of life...schools, workplace, on stage, and everywhere else people used to have the decency to dress up a bit. BUT all that is over, and when are generation is gone it will only get even worse and worse...there will be 85 yr old people with all sorts of tattoos, piercing in all parts of their bodies, and every other unmoralistic concoction floating around and the sad part is people have taken on the apathy role and just throw their hands up and say "F&^% It" rolleyes .......
it's too the point where things like you stated above are becoming the "MINORITY"....hang in there buddy have another Green Margarita and "C'est la vie" rolleyes surprised cool2

Edited by Dnj (12/29/12 12:48 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online