SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#357222 - 12/21/12 12:21 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I wonder if she would enjoy sailing in the tropics with an old codger on his sailing yacht, and of course, drinking Green Coconut Margarettas at sunset? Hmmmmmmm! smile smile smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#357234 - 12/21/12 02:11 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Nigel]
Dnj Offline

Second gig today using the KORG PA3x & HK Nano system combo in a bigger room then last nights job around 60+ pp this time a Xmas Luncheon Dance, coverage was no problem using split satellites on poles,....easy setup, highs crystal clear sound with Music & Vocals, VH, Solid Bass. Now that I'm confident using it and know what it can handle I will be using the HK Nano 300 on probably 50% of my small gigs,... my bigger Powered Mackie speakers for the much bigger jobs,... IMHO it does sound much better then my old BOSE Compact, headphone .....
that's my story & I'm sticking to it. cool2

#357240 - 12/21/12 04:56 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donnie, my wife told me the hearing was the third thing to go, the mind was second, and for the life of me, I can't remember what the first thing was. What the Hell - Merry Christmas old friend.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#357241 - 12/21/12 05:25 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

It's Donny (sp).... (ie) FEM,...that out of the way I just finished a nice bowl of delicious Italian wedding Soup,......last time I checked my hearing was perfect, my mind is all there also sharp as a tac,......a little less hair then my younger days but I'm good to go for sure,...23 Xmas gigs under my belt this month so far with 8 to go till NYE....
I'm hanging in there having a good old time my Floridian Christopher Columbus Buddy,.... I haven't touched alcohol in a few years don't want to take a chance getting caught driving....I'm always on the road.
a Big merry Xmas to you also enjoy your stay in paradise!!

Edited by Dnj (12/21/12 05:33 PM)

#357244 - 12/21/12 08:34 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Donnie-

No distortion from the satellites? What is their rms power handling rated at?

#357245 - 12/21/12 08:51 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

The only distortion was when I used the bose compact that's why I sold it...the highs stunk.......the HK Nano Satellites are much better quality.

#357256 - 12/21/12 11:07 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Now that I'm confident using it and know what it can handle I will be using the HK Nano 300 on probably 50% of my small gigs,... my bigger Powered Mackie speakers for the much bigger jobs,...

Hi Donny

don't you use the Mackie Thump Powered 12's? How does the new PA sound compared to the Thump's?

#357268 - 12/22/12 03:14 AM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Scott....they are two different animals....both used for a different purpose......

#357283 - 12/22/12 06:56 AM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
it does sound much better then my old BOSE Compact, headphone .....

Heh, heh ... I love ya, Donny but the day you stick to a story is the day I get married again! (WAIT!! Let me rephrase that!!!!!!) Agggghhhhh
smile

#357285 - 12/22/12 07:04 AM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
it does sound much better then my old BOSE Compact, headphone .....

Heh, heh ... I love ya, Donny but the day you stick to a story is the day I get married again! (WAIT!! Let me rephrase that!!!!!!) Agggghhhhh
smile

lol....your only love is Music...(and braodway shows) lol.. wink!! you do that very well,.....
all I know is what I hear when I perform headphone there IS a life after a Bose system, Compact or L1...I don't miss either at all.. hey, btw I have a 30yr Anniversary coming up in March to my beautiful REDHEAD also Wooo Hoooo! dance2 Now get that KORG/HK setup toward you and kick ass on stage that's what you were meant to do!!! keys I really like what I'm hearing with the HK on stage, forgot to tell you that during yesterdays gig the stereo coverage was heard in Every corner of the room & I even saw Squirrels dancing on the branches of the trees outside through the windows...go figure!! cool2 I love you man Merry Christmas!!

Edited by Dnj (12/22/12 07:15 AM)

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online